GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
TheAvatar
spader
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
dennycrane
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
NEELY
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Per Dregs:

The Alfie to sign a one-day contract to retire as a Sen, and he will likely take a front office gig for the start of next season.
Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

amazing! what a wonderful news! comes back to the capital as ambassador and hopefully in an other capacity(probably saw how run down detroit was and said yikes!)

one can't help but think this will actually play a part in team moral, keeping guys here longer terms like karlsson. just builds a nice legacy to surround the team with.
they should retire his jersey next season.
at least this way he gets a chance to lift the cup here in ottawa some day(knock on wood) even if it is in a management position.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The Alfie to sign a one-day contract to retire as a Sen, and he will likely take a front office gig for the start of next season.

Thank God this whole thing is now behind the Sens and Alfie. This needed to be done for everyone's sake except Melnyk... but maybe even he's tried to be a bit bigger of a person than he's given credit for.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's too bad it went the route it did but the finish is where it belongs.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's too bad it went the route it did but the finish is where it belongs.

It's a blemish on his legacy no matter what. So needless too.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Thank God this whole thing is now behind the Sens and Alfie.  This needed to be done for everyone's sake except Melnyk... but maybe even he's tried to be a bit bigger of a person than he's given credit for.
actually if the rumors are true then you have to think melnyk jumped through quite a few hoops in order to backtrack from that email and for alfie to actually consider joining the organization in a management capacity. if that does actually happen. then again, we don't know exactly the kind of relationship they had before. friends can have some bad fights and fix things, i'm sure the same thing can happen within organization. maybe Alfie gets a nice paycheck for his next job within the sens

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's too bad it went the route it did but the finish is where it belongs.

well who knows. maybe he needed to see how it was in the Swedish ghetto to see how good it is in ottawa and that he could have a better time part of the franchise in ottawa going forward.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

well who knows. maybe he needed to see how it was in the Swedish ghetto to see how good it is in ottawa and that he could have a better time part of the franchise in ottawa going forward.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan with a fractured finger... Diddle me.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Someone has a chance here. Maybe Puempel.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Someone has a chance here.  Maybe Puempel.

Aren't we carrying extra forwards already?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They will call up Pageau before Puempel, if they even call anyone.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ya i bet we fill the vacancy from within the existing line-up. condra on the second pairing... prepare for a loss.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the way this team is going i don't see a playoff spot on the horizon. I just hope murray doesn't pull another hemsky "too little too late" type of move.
they should definitely address this teams deficiencies but no UFA please. build for the future. at the very worse i would stay the course before making any short sighted moves. the only thing we do know is that something is going to happen when methot returns. I don't see ahim getting traded having missed the whole season so far. If he's gone he might just be at the deadline.

I would of liked to maybe have a look at Marc Stall but that guy has "bolting to carolina in the summer" written all over him. 
maybe the rangers do a one for one, mark for marc if they think they can't get him resigned for marc methot (which they probably would overpay for) and we pray we come to terms with him.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I like the benching of Smith - sends a message. Unfortunately, benching Michalek/Zbad only seemed to get through for one night.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Ryan with a fractured finger... Diddle me.

Apparently it may not be that bad....

Big game tonight!  Gotta get things on track.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Ryan with a fractured finger... Diddle me.

I remember them saying that he had a sore wrist from a sash a while back, which is why he hasn't been shooting well or often. Now the finger. Is he getting targetted?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At least it's a good draft year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum