GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
TheAvatar
spader
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
dennycrane
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
NEELY
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:how could Dave being any worse than what we've seen the last two years?
Excellent he won't be worse. Let's fire the coach and strive for more of the same. If it works out it will be short term only IMO.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Murray pretty much saying we came back last night because we forgot to follow the system and just played with instincts Laugh1

I wrote something along these exact lines yesterday....there's times where you watch them play and it seems like they're fighting some sort of internal struggle to deviate from their instincts. Seemed uncomfortable.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

People are being way too quick to jump on Cameron... even Clouston made the playoffs and people enjoyed him for a short while. If Cameron works out this year then just enjoy it. If he doesn't then what can you do? It's going to take a lot to turn this team around.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:People are being way too quick to jump on Cameron...

Some are calling this a budget move.

more to come

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:People are being way too quick to jump on Cameron... even Clouston made the playoffs and people enjoyed him for a short while.  If Cameron works out this year then just enjoy it.  If he doesn't then what can you do?  It's going to take a lot to turn this team around.

Quick? It's been four years. We were "on him" when he was first rumoured to be Melnyk's pick. Remember when we were all dreading that Melnyk would hire him as the head coach?

I liked Clouston. I think instead of firing him they should have given him some advice about getting one of the ACs as the "good cop" to his "bad cop".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not interm by arse. Murray will be moved on in the off-season and the new GM will make his own choice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cameron has no time on the clock either, neither does Smith. Get the D men into position properly or GTFO. No more running around like idiots in the D zone, clean it up or get out. Enough is enough.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess the players got what they wanted here......that alone should translate to a more fired up group in the short-term.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Guess guys just had enough of MacLean, hope it translates to play on the ice.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Richardson was first choice

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Richardson was first choice

For good reasons

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well it's good that Richardson won't take a job anywhere else at this point either. He's still in the organization and there if need be I suppose.

Anyways, hopefully the on ice product is a little better because right now it's awful.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey, The Alfie's not busy right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's a good day IMO, no offense to Mac, I liked what he did in Year 1, but from them on it's been amateur hour.  Cameron is on a short leash to say the least though.  Same with Smith.

Wouldn't it have been awesome if it was Alfie?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Hey, The Alfie's not busy right now.

Ha, weird timing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:It's a good day IMO, no offense to Mac, I liked what he did in Year 1, but from them on it's been amateur hour.  Cameron is on a short leash to say the least though.  Same with Smith.

Wouldn't it have been awesome if it was Alfie?

Funny because you seemed to see "Mac" as some sort of SuperCoach with Jesus-like powers? scratch

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Alfie will never be a coach, GM maybe, coach never.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I don't actually think The Alfie would make a good head coach. Not yet anyway. Honestly, I think he'd be too demanding and blow a gasket because nobody would be the complete player like he was.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum