GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
TheAvatar
spader
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
dennycrane
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
NEELY
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cameron confirmed as interim coach.

more to come

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Cameron confirmed as interim coach.

more to come

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 F2fub10

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

Maybe they're trying to get hunter out of the minors.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well all I know is Melnyk's choice for coach can't be any worse than all of Murray's. Might as well take a shot.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If this day couldn't get any worse, TSN 1200 is gonna have Yost as a guest to explain the team's struggles Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is not really surprising. Coaches are 100% on the hot seat if the team doesn't live up to the GMs expectations - no matter if we think those expectations are sound or not.

Mac's system worked one year - and while the team was a sound defensive minded team, he won because of the goaltending. When that goes sideways even in the least, his system goes out the window.

Not only that, I think watching Hartley drill his team in practice over the fundamentals was a huge wakeup call. More practicing, more business like approach needed until they start executing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:If this day couldn't get any worse, TSN 1200 is gonna have Yost as a guest to explain the team's struggles Facepalm

i wonder if he'll mention the budget?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Are they all forgetting that Cameron was fired from Bingo. His first year there was the lockout year and he had a loaded lineup (Spezza, Vermette, Emery, A-Train, Kelly, Neil). Went quickly downhill from there as they were the bottom team in the division the following year and missed the playoffs again the year after that. He's had success in the OHL and Junior, and in the AHL with almost an NHL lineup.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lots of coaches have been fired and rehired within the same organization. Either way there is no reason not to give Cameron a shot right now because it can't get much worse.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

First thing Cameron NEEDS to do is to sit Phillips. I bet he will too - he needs to stand up and fight for this job if he ever wants to coach.

Next is to define roles for players in black and white. Follow this, or be benched.

Then he needs to find lines that work and not deviate.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I will bet Phillips doesn't see a second in the press box short of him being injured.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:First thing Cameron NEEDS to do is to sit Phillips.  I bet he will too - he needs to stand up and fight for this job if he ever wants to coach.

Next is to define roles for players in black and white.  Follow this, or be benched.

I don't think the problem was the players not following the coach. It was the coach not following the top brass.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

who cares who the interim is lol

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There was a serious lack of grit behind the Sens play and maybe that's on the coach but I really don't know.

You look at a guy like Smith who was coming into his own, scoring around 10-15 goals a year, playing a physical game, willing to go with anyone, and fairly smart all things considered. wtf happened? Cowen same kind of thing. Don't think it's possible to pin point anything on anyone because it's a mess.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:who cares who the interim is lol

Pretty much

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What are you hearing from your contacts at Scotialladium Tirel Centre?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:First thing Cameron NEEDS to do is to sit Phillips.  I bet he will too - he needs to stand up and fight for this job if he ever wants to coach.

Next is to define roles for players in black and white.  Follow this, or be benched.

I don't think the problem was the players not following the coach. It was the coach not following the top brass.

This was a coach who was out of his depth. No system, team was never prepared to go out and play, no execution, didn't sit guys who needed to sit. Mac was always a step behind leading up to this firing and it had lasted quite long enough, thank you.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

What are you hearing from your contacts at Scotialladium Tirel Centre?

"That's Dan Bylsma's music!" *Dan Bylsma comes out from the tunnel with a steel chair to Don Brennan's face*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum