GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators :: 5:00pm ET :: Sun. Mar. 30th, 2014

+10
wprager
tim1_2
Flo The Action
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Vandelay
Hoags
Ev
NEELY
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Can't watch but Cmac and Kturr are the shizzle

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why can't Spezza play like that all the time?

All you can say about Turris and MacArthur is wow. You ask Mac how long a contract he wants this summer, because he and Turris are awesome together.

Stone looking great as well.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

When Spezza is not hurt, he's on. When he's hurt, he stinks. Clearly, he's not hurt right now.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:When Spezza is not hurt, he's on. When he's hurt, he stinks. Clearly, he's not hurt right now.

One thing I have always said about Spezza, if something goes right for him early he usually has a good to great game. Doesn't deal with something going against him well at all. Either way he was awesome today.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

People also need to start talking up Gryba a little more... this guy is a better player and a harder player than Methot and Phillips at this point and does the same thing every single night. IMO this is the guy that will be the best new contract on the Sens if they can lock him down. No contract will ever be better than Turris.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You have to have a pulse on Spezza right now. Clearly the missed season really slowed him early - but do you put your trust in this guy going forward. Who really knows? If he can play like that most of the time going forward he's a huge asset, but if he reverts back to the way he played earlier its a waste of time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah Gryba was very solid again. Wiercioch was good too - very dangerous on the point.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah Gryba was very solid again.  Wiercioch was good too - very dangerous on the point.  

Wiercioch looked best when he was paired with Karlsson to be honest.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:You have to have a pulse on Spezza right now.  Clearly the missed season really slowed him early - but do you put your trust in this guy going forward.  Who really knows?  If he can play like that most of the time going forward he's a huge asset, but if he reverts back to the way he played earlier its a waste of time.  

If the Sens signed him to a 21-24 million, 3 year extension I don't think that's the absolute worst deal in the world but term is the thing that could really come between the 2 parties if he is traded. Even Michalek is looking like he can contribute on a regular basis at this point. That said all the pressure is off right now and they are playing like a team that has nothing to lose because they don't.

Everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt but like I said before the 1 guy that is for sure getting moved is Anderson. The 2nd player that will be traded will be Methot IMO.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza plays well against these garbage teams. He still needs to go.

Do not be blinded by his moves. His defence was atrocious and he is not what we need going forward.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think you can get him to do a 3 or 4 year deal. It's 5 or 6 or nothing with a Ntc. This is the kind of thing that can make or break us I think. He looks fantastic but is it a tease - again? Dangerous time, can Murray let go?

And also, yes Michakek looks great, but again...can he maintain it? And if Murray thinks yes how long a contract will he take as a minimum? 4 years? Big risk obviously.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Spezza plays well against these garbage teams. He still needs to go.

Do not be blinded by his moves. His defence was atrocious and he is not what we need going forward.

Maybe, yeah. Or maybe he played the way he did because he missed a year. You're pretty eager to give Cowen time to rebound, but not Spezza?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza is 30 years old. Cowen is 23. We have centre depth, we don't have d depth.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza traded, not traded, whatever, it's the re we should address IMO. Neil and Condra replaced by stone and Lazar would be amazing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sure we do have d depth. Boro is very similar to Cowen IMO.

Spezza is 30, maybe even more of a reason to mulligan him for his terrible performance up until recently?

I literally have no idea, so I'm playing devil's advocate. I would still trade him i think, but suddenly I like the thought of him after Turris and in front of zbad.

And then there's the Michalek question. Then there's the hemsky issue of whether he'll even sign here etc.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Spezza traded, not traded, whatever, it's the re we should address IMO. Neil and Condra replaced by stone and Lazar would be amazing.

Whatever? Really? Seems like a huge decision to me.

And yes - Condra and Neil out and lazar and stone in. Hoffman might be the trade piece or he might have earned a spot with zbad and lazar.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Ya, let's keep some perspective here. This is exactly what we need from Spezza. Not as our captain going forward but to up his trade value in the off season. He's not a Mac type player, he's not a leader for our young forwards. Be happy he's playing better and that the injuries aren't hampering him at this point in the season and take advantage because the injuries will return along with the lazy play when things don't go his way.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Rewatching the game now, Stone has insane hockey sense, he's legit.
Diddle Spezza it shouldn't matter anymore what he does from now on.
We have the worst Defense in the league and he and Michalek are the worst +/- on the team. Enough with the he may have been injured/recovering BS.
We should create a new lin with Zibanejad and Ryan next season, maybe put Hemsky on that line if he stays or another kid from Bingo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum