GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators :: 5:00pm ET :: Sun. Mar. 30th, 2014

+10
wprager
tim1_2
Flo The Action
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Vandelay
Hoags
Ev
NEELY
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Methot and Anderson being moved out IMO are two big enough moves where it shakes things up.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fulcrum wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Again, people are judging Spezza on a year where he missed the entire previous season.  I'm not saying they're wrong, but I'm not convinced Murray will just cut bait.  We'll see

I agree, along with the fact that it was his 1st year as the captain. Thats a role some guys have to learn and grow into. I give him a mulligan.

I think they re-sign Hemsky, and I think they extend Spezza, I think Michalek stays as well. Methot might be on the way out, but I don't think I agree with it,  and I think that Anderson is gone for sure after watching Lehner play so much lately. Anderson could have been a huge part of what was going on with them this year if he is as much of a cancer as I am reading lately. I was as disgusted with Spezza as anyone this year, but you can't quit on him now. You have to re-sign him and watch him one more year in the captain role.

I also don' think MacLean is going anywhere. Its been an extremely frustrating year top to bottom in the organization, but you can't get carried away and cut everyone loose, or you are back to what you started the season with....learning all over again.

Uh...how is that gonna work though? That's why this is such a massive decision. You can't re-sign him, then strip him of the C in the off-season next year if it doesn't work, you have to trade him.

It could become the singular biggest gong show we've ever seen where we become the villains as opposed to Heatley being the villain.

Fulcrum

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:

Uh...how is that gonna work though?  That's why this is such a massive decision.  You can't re-sign him, then strip him of the C in the off-season next year if it doesn't work, you have to trade him.

It could become the singular biggest gong show we've ever seen where we become the villains as opposed to Heatley being the villain.

The only way Spezza is getting rid of the captaincy is getting traded. I would be extremely surprised if he stepped down. So you re-sign him while his value is lower (because I fully believe he has a lot better in him than he showed this year). Then you let him roll out another year as the captain. If it doesn't work, then you move him. Not a big gamble, seeing as his value isn't real high right now.

The only thing that throws a glitch in this is if it is going to take a no trade clause to extend him.....not sure about that part

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, he'll be getting a Ntc IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum