GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014

+8
LeCaptain
wprager
sandysensfan
NEELY
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Replace contra with stone. Now.

Yah I think it's safe to say Condra won't be back with the Sens next year.  There is absolutely no reason why that spot shouldn't be left open for a younger prospect... probably Lazar.

Is it a good idea to rush Lazar?

Yes.

77Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:i think murray came in and was left with zero in the farm and a mandate to make the finals again. there was nothing to help make it. there was no way to make it with a one line/top line team and heathly was going to start sinking like a rock. this team has had its fair share of problems since and i'm not sure if anyone could of done that much better a job with tthe team. if anything we were lucky to make the playoffs since so many times. oddly enough we could of had a playoff record(or lack thereoff) resembling the leafs.

A lot of fans forget what Murray had to deal with after Muckler was let go. Muckler had the benefit on the good drafts that were made by the previous managements.. that matured into very good players when he was here. All he did was let Chara walk.. traded Hossa.. traded Havlat.. The players Muckler bought into the team (not including the Heatley trade) did nothing to help with the Cup run.. Muckler ruined the foundation of the team by decimating the future of the team by getting rid of prospects..

4 or 5 of Murray's years as GM have been building up the prospect system.. and he has done a very good job at that.. Some of his trades have not panned out... or his UFA signings.. Teams try to operate in this league by icing the most competitive team they can, but Murray is handicapped by an Owner who has no money to spend on the team. I'm really surprised Murray has hung around as long as he did.

78Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i think murray came in and was left with zero in the farm and a mandate to make the finals again. there was nothing to help make it. there was no way to make it with a one line/top line team and heathly was going to start sinking like a rock. this team has had its fair share of problems since and i'm not sure if anyone could of done that much better a job with tthe team. if anything we were lucky to make the playoffs since so many times. oddly enough we could of had a playoff record(or lack thereoff) resembling the leafs.

A lot of fans forget what Murray had to deal with after Muckler was let go.  Muckler had the benefit on the good drafts that were made by the previous managements.. that matured into very good players when he was here.  All he did was let Chara walk.. traded Hossa.. traded Havlat..  The players Muckler bought into the team (not including the Heatley trade) did nothing to help with the Cup run..  Muckler ruined the foundation of the team by decimating the future of the team by getting rid of prospects..

4 or 5 of Murray's years as GM have been building up the prospect system.. and he has done a very good job at that..  Some of his trades have not panned out... or his UFA signings..   Teams try to operate in this league by icing the most competitive team they can, but Murray is handicapped by an Owner who has no money to spend on the team.  I'm really surprised Murray has hung around as long as he did.

Oleg Saprykin was pretty awesome.

79Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:

A lot of fans forget what Murray had to deal with after Muckler was let go.  Muckler had the benefit on the good drafts that were made by the previous managements.. that matured into very good players when he was here.  All he did was let Chara walk.. traded Hossa.. traded Havlat..  The players Muckler bought into the team (not including the Heatley trade) did nothing to help with the Cup run..  Muckler ruined the foundation of the team by decimating the future of the team by getting rid of prospects..

4 or 5 of Murray's years as GM have been building up the prospect system.. and he has done a very good job at that..  Some of his trades have not panned out... or his UFA signings..   Teams try to operate in this league by icing the most competitive team they can, but Murray is handicapped by an Owner who has no money to spend on the team.  I'm really surprised Murray has hung around as long as he did.

Still, Murray is known as being a guy who has never won anything. He is known for mediocrity.

80Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Replace contra with stone. Now.

Yah I think it's safe to say Condra won't be back with the Sens next year.  There is absolutely no reason why that spot shouldn't be left open for a younger prospect... probably Lazar.

Is it a good idea to rush Lazar?

Wouldn't be rushing him. He's played a ton of hockey over the last three years. He has three seasons of WHL, plus 42 playoff games not including memorial cup which he played in, plus world juniors and other tournaments.

81Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Still, Murray is known as being a guy who has never won anything. He is known for mediocrity.
mediocrity? i think that's a little harsh. he built both Detroit and Anaheim cup winning teams. sure he was replaced in both places too early, that will most likely happen here to. but a guy that has built those teams should never be called mediocre...

82Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

mediocrity? i think that's a little harsh. he built both Detroit and Anaheim cup winning teams. sure he was replaced in both places too early, that will most likely happen here to. but a guy that has built those teams should never be called mediocre...

He did not build Detroits cup teams. Did he draft datsyuk, lidstrom, zetterberg? Or we talking the yzerman shanahan teams? Because i don't see his major influence there. How exactly did he build the team? Somebody explain this one.

He wasn't replaced too early, he was replaced because they wouldn't have won anything with him.

Anaheim too, what exactly did he build? Was he the one who brought in their top two defenceman? He drafted getzlaf and perry, but they were hardly a reason they won the cup. He didn't bring in selanne, he brought in fedorov and a another stiff who I can't remember who he overpaid and then the next gm had to get rid of.

He is a good builder no question but as a coach and gm his results are just mediocre.

83Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:28 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and i just want to reiterate that I loved what Murray has done with the Sens so far.

84Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:Apparently Pmac switched reeds and cameron behind the bench.  He had no comment on it afterwards.  suuuuuuuuuuup with that?

Yeah, that's weird.  Seems like it might have been a forced move from Murray or something.  

Reeds was the forced move from Melnyk, who was lobbying for him as the HC. MacLean never got to pick his assistants, not really, but even worse than that, those two had no experience at the NHL level (not even at the pro-level, for Reeds).

Cameron spent three years in Bingo, missing the playoffs twice and losing in the first round once. He coached the Majors to the Memorial Cup finals, and the U20 to the Gold game, losing both. The U20 team held a 3-0 lead in the Gold Medal game but then gave up 5 straight goals to the Russians. He's got a long resume, but not exactly a great one.

85Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:and i just want to reiterate that I loved what Murray has done with the Sens so far.

You just did a hatchet job on him in the previous post, now you say you love what he's done. You're Burke on Ryan.

86Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:02 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn't do a hatchet job, I'm saying his past hasn't been filled with glowing success...he has built a good foundation but personally I'd love a guy like Burke to come in. Too bad it wasn't Burke.

87Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:12 am

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:Apparently Pmac switched reeds and cameron behind the bench.  He had no comment on it afterwards.  suuuuuuuuuuup with that?

Yeah, that's weird.  Seems like it might have been a forced move from Murray or something.  

Reeds was the forced move from Melnyk, who was lobbying for him as the HC.  MacLean never got to pick his assistants, not really, but even worse than that, those two had no experience at the NHL level (not even at the pro-level, for Reeds).  

Cameron spent three years in Bingo, missing the playoffs twice and losing in the first round once.  He coached the Majors to the Memorial Cup finals, and the U20 to the Gold game, losing both.  The U20 team held a 3-0 lead in the Gold Medal game but then gave up 5 straight goals to the Russians.   He's got a long resume, but not exactly a great one.

I think you may have them reversed. I think Melnyk lobbied for Cameron, since he was the coach when Melnyk owned the Majors. Reeds and MacLean are apparently buddies, dating back to when they played together early on in their careers (minor leagues and NHL).

88Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:27 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Reeds is going to be away from the team so everyone is wrong.

89Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:35 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully Reeder will be OK. But hopefully he and Cameron are canned.

90Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:38 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love when some little thing happens and everyone freaks out and makes up stories about Melnyk lol

91Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:06 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Reeds is going to be away from the team so everyone is wrong.
He's left for medical reasons.

92Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:18 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:I love when some little thing happens and everyone freaks out and makes up stories about Melnyk lol

Yup, car crash... Melnyk's fault. Goal off a dump in, Melnyk didn't spend enough money to make sure the puck doesn't take crazy hops off the boards. I can't stand the guy but everything gets blamed on him without people even hesitating.

93Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's always more settling to blame a single person... but this year, there's blame to go around at all levels... which is even more frustrating. Like a perfect storm of crap happening all at once.

We'll see what the off-season brings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum