GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014

+8
LeCaptain
wprager
sandysensfan
NEELY
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:41 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Replace contra with stone. Now.

47Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Replace contra with stone. Now.

Yah I think it's safe to say Condra won't be back with the Sens next year. There is absolutely no reason why that spot shouldn't be left open for a younger prospect... probably Lazar.

48Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The question is what do you do with him next year. And greening...I like the guy but there was no reason to sign him this early.

49Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Replace contra with stone. Now.

He already has hands of Stone.

50Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:The question is what do you do with him next year. And greening...I like the guy but there was no reason to sign him this early.

Meh, Greening has a purpose, there's a spot for a guy who is 6'3, 230 lbs, skates, hits, and a can score a goal. I think obviously they gave it to him a little early but again, he can play so I don't think there is a huge issue going forward.

The Sens will grow from this year, fact is they were not ready to take the next step without Alfie. The kids under performed, the vets took forever to get going, and the goaltending didn't bail them out. At the end of the day missing the playoffs and a little humble pie might not be the worst thing in the world but it does suck as a fan.

51Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trading Methot would be a PR mess. I agree with it but I bet they just let him play the season out.

52Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:21 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Trading Methot would be a PR mess. I agree with it but I bet they just let him play the season out.

We'll see. There is going to be a move made and a LH D man is going to be the one to go... it's not going to be Cowen or Phillips, I would guess it won't be Boroweicki, Wiercioch makes 2 mil per for 2 more seasons, Methot is making 3 and will get 5 mil on the open market.

Also, there is no way it will be a PR mess, no one will care. Internet board people might but I haven't seen a Methot jersey being strut around CTC ever so you might have a couple people raise an eyebrow but it's not like the city will stop if he is dealt. Alfie was a PR nightmare, Methot would be a foot note.

53Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Methot is probably the second favourite player on the team. He is loved in the city like fisher was.

Loser Travis yost is already preparing for a disaster offseason lol.

54Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Methot is probably the second favourite player on the team. He is loved in the city like fisher was.

Loser Travis yost is already preparing for a disaster offseason lol.

Disagree with that, Methot to the normal fan is a defensive D man, that's it. Either way, it's going to be a long off season.

55Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Guy Boucher should be brought in as the pp guy, Richardson as the d coach

56Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:27 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They need more experienced assistants for sure.

57Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:36 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lazar had a 4 point night yesterday btw, I'd fast forward 2 years as a fan.

58Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:Lazar had a 4 point night yesterday btw, I'd fast forward 2 years as a fan.

Next year might be fine when everything has settled, they have a year of transition under their belt, and they decide who they want to go with. But yes, I think 2, 3 seasons is when the window opens.

59Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't want to sound like that guy in hf but it's pretty sad if our window opens 10 years after Murray started as gm.

60Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:58 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Let's hope the sens themselves accept it that they're not making the playoffs. Who knows, might make them play a little looser, improve their position in the standings a little more to wipe of the sting of losing the first round pick. But playoffs? It's gotta be over now, we shouldn't even be talking about that or looking at standings anymore.

Roster changes have to be made though, this was a season of failure and some changes need to be made for the players to understand that there's a price to be paid.

61Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Baby they were Born To Lose

62Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:02 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I don't want to sound like that guy in hf but it's pretty sad if our window opens 10 years after Murray started as gm.

Murray will take it on the chin from the fans now. All things considered, it is sad that under murray's tutelage, we have zero division titles, not once have we had home ice in the playoffs, and now will miss the dance for a 3rd time. So only 4 out of 7 years under murray have the sens made the playoffs. Oh and the coaching carousel.....as impressive as his draft picks and scouting staff have been in restocking the cupboard, those are some ugly facts of his tenure.

63Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:03 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A guy like Condra (just like Conacher) taking a spot from a prospect at this point is wrong... you have to think Kassian is on his way out as well. That right there is enough to get me excited about 2 new prospects coming in. Hoffman will get his 1 way, he's proven he can play in the NHL IMO and that should help him along.

Michalek is a wild card... not sure if they will resign him or not. Hemsky is 100% a player they need to sign otherwise just get rid of Spezza because it took 5 years to find a guy he clicks with.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum