GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014

+8
LeCaptain
wprager
sandysensfan
NEELY
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

61Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Baby they were Born To Lose

62Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:02 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I don't want to sound like that guy in hf but it's pretty sad if our window opens 10 years after Murray started as gm.

Murray will take it on the chin from the fans now. All things considered, it is sad that under murray's tutelage, we have zero division titles, not once have we had home ice in the playoffs, and now will miss the dance for a 3rd time. So only 4 out of 7 years under murray have the sens made the playoffs. Oh and the coaching carousel.....as impressive as his draft picks and scouting staff have been in restocking the cupboard, those are some ugly facts of his tenure.

63Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:03 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A guy like Condra (just like Conacher) taking a spot from a prospect at this point is wrong... you have to think Kassian is on his way out as well. That right there is enough to get me excited about 2 new prospects coming in. Hoffman will get his 1 way, he's proven he can play in the NHL IMO and that should help him along.

Michalek is a wild card... not sure if they will resign him or not. Hemsky is 100% a player they need to sign otherwise just get rid of Spezza because it took 5 years to find a guy he clicks with.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of the season.

64Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:04 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:I don't want to sound like that guy in hf but it's pretty sad if our window opens 10 years after Murray started as gm.

Murray will take it on the chin from the fans now.  All things considered, it is sad that under murray's tutelage, we have zero division titles, not once have we had home ice in the playoffs, and now will miss the dance for a 3rd time.  So only 4 out of 7 years under murray have the sens made the playoffs.  Oh and the coaching carousel.....as impressive as his draft picks and scouting staff have been in restocking the cupboard, those are some ugly facts of his tenure.

He has 2 years left on his deal and that's it. He will continue to build and hopefully there is someone capable of coming in and finishing off the job.

65Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think murray came in and was left with zero in the farm and a mandate to make the finals again. there was nothing to help make it. there was no way to make it with a one line/top line team and heathly was going to start sinking like a rock. this team has had its fair share of problems since and i'm not sure if anyone could of done that much better a job with tthe team. if anything we were lucky to make the playoffs since so many times. oddly enough we could of had a playoff record(or lack thereoff) resembling the leafs.

Last edited by Flo The Action on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

66Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:31 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently Pmac switched reeds and cameron behind the bench. He had no comment on it afterwards. suuuuuuuuuuup with that?

67Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No idea.

68Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:24 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Apparently Pmac switched reeds and cameron behind the bench. He had no comment on it afterwards. suuuuuuuuuuup with that?

Yeah, that's weird. Seems like it might have been a forced move from Murray or something.

69Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Apparently Pmac switched reeds and cameron behind the bench.  He had no comment on it afterwards.  suuuuuuuuuuup with that?

The only change that fool needs to make is to get rid of that ridiculous mustache.

70Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:40 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It wouldn't surprise me if there was backseat coaching from up above this season, whether it's Murray or someone else. It happens on other teams.

71Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Let's hope the sens themselves accept it that they're not making the playoffs. Who knows, might make them play a little looser, improve their position in the standings a little more to wipe of the sting of losing the first round pick.  But playoffs?  It's gotta be over now, we shouldn't even be talking about that or looking at standings anymore.

Roster changes have to be made though, this was a season of failure and some changes need to be made for the players to understand that there's a price to be paid.

Not just players.

72Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:

Murray will take it on the chin from the fans now.  All things considered, it is sad that under murray's tutelage, we have zero division titles, not once have we had home ice in the playoffs, and now will miss the dance for a 3rd time.  So only 4 out of 7 years under murray have the sens made the playoffs.  Oh and the coaching carousel.....as impressive as his draft picks and scouting staff have been in restocking the cupboard, those are some ugly facts of his tenure.

I think it's safe to say that Melnyk had a bit of a hand in some of the coaching staff hiring. In retrospect, having a rookie head coach with rookie assistant coaches whom he didn't hire was probably not the best thing to do.

73Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:i think murray came in and was left with zero in the farm and a mandate to make the finals again. there was nothing to help make it. there was no way to make it with a one line/top line team and heathly was going to start sinking like a rock. this team has had its fair share of problems since and i'm not sure if anyone could of done that much better a job with tthe team. if anything we were lucky to make the playoffs since so many times. oddly enough we could of had a playoff record(or lack thereoff) resembling the leafs.

Hmm, took a quick look.

2008 (year after the Finals) we took Karlsson. It cost as a 1st round pick that year (Chet Pickard) and a 3rd in 09 (Taylor Beck). Karlsson for Pickard and Beck. I'll take that deal Smile

2009 we got Cowen. If we had slipped more in the standings we could have moved up to get the likes of Kadri, OEL.

2010 we traded out pick (16th) for Rundblad. Honestly, there really wasn't much available outside the top 10 and that's a lot of spots to move up from 16 (not looking for off-the-board picks that turned out, just looking at who was actually picked. Turned into Turris, so I'm OK with that one, too Smile

2011 we took Zibanejad but we were picking quite high (6th after the Devils screwed us out of 4th). So probably could not have moved up much higher anyway.

74Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Apparently Pmac switched reeds and cameron behind the bench.  He had no comment on it afterwards.  suuuuuuuuuuup with that?

I thought that actually happened first in Montreal, but no-one noticed until yesterday.

75Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:34 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Replace contra with stone. Now.

Yah I think it's safe to say Condra won't be back with the Sens next year.  There is absolutely no reason why that spot shouldn't be left open for a younger prospect... probably Lazar.

Is it a good idea to rush Lazar?

76Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Replace contra with stone. Now.

Yah I think it's safe to say Condra won't be back with the Sens next year.  There is absolutely no reason why that spot shouldn't be left open for a younger prospect... probably Lazar.

Is it a good idea to rush Lazar?

Yes.

77Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:i think murray came in and was left with zero in the farm and a mandate to make the finals again. there was nothing to help make it. there was no way to make it with a one line/top line team and heathly was going to start sinking like a rock. this team has had its fair share of problems since and i'm not sure if anyone could of done that much better a job with tthe team. if anything we were lucky to make the playoffs since so many times. oddly enough we could of had a playoff record(or lack thereoff) resembling the leafs.

A lot of fans forget what Murray had to deal with after Muckler was let go. Muckler had the benefit on the good drafts that were made by the previous managements.. that matured into very good players when he was here. All he did was let Chara walk.. traded Hossa.. traded Havlat.. The players Muckler bought into the team (not including the Heatley trade) did nothing to help with the Cup run.. Muckler ruined the foundation of the team by decimating the future of the team by getting rid of prospects..

4 or 5 of Murray's years as GM have been building up the prospect system.. and he has done a very good job at that.. Some of his trades have not panned out... or his UFA signings.. Teams try to operate in this league by icing the most competitive team they can, but Murray is handicapped by an Owner who has no money to spend on the team. I'm really surprised Murray has hung around as long as he did.

78Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:

A lot of fans forget what Murray had to deal with after Muckler was let go.  Muckler had the benefit on the good drafts that were made by the previous managements.. that matured into very good players when he was here.  All he did was let Chara walk.. traded Hossa.. traded Havlat..  The players Muckler bought into the team (not including the Heatley trade) did nothing to help with the Cup run..  Muckler ruined the foundation of the team by decimating the future of the team by getting rid of prospects..

4 or 5 of Murray's years as GM have been building up the prospect system.. and he has done a very good job at that..  Some of his trades have not panned out... or his UFA signings..   Teams try to operate in this league by icing the most competitive team they can, but Murray is handicapped by an Owner who has no money to spend on the team.  I'm really surprised Murray has hung around as long as he did.

Oleg Saprykin was pretty awesome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum