GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014

+8
LeCaptain
wprager
sandysensfan
NEELY
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

16Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:26 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:The good news is that zibby and ceci will be going to bingo once this season is over to help their playoff run. Should be good for both.

Zibanejad better be playing lights out in the AHL.

17Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:34 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:I have No doubt curtis lazar is our third line rw next year.

Saying zibanejad has done nothing to move those guys down the lineup is dumb since he plays centre.

I also think they know the young players will get better next season and so on. Cowen especially who has been solid since returning.

Complete BS.  If he deserved more ice time with better players he would get it, center, wing, or otherwise.  Zibanejad has had an awful year all things considered and if the only way he plays hard and consistent is by a message being sent like it was at the beginning of the season then he could be in for a long few years.  

Lazar can't get to Ottawa soon enough.

He has not had An awful year lol, but even if he did you can consider that a sophomore slump.

It's not complete bs that they don't want to play him at wing, especially Murray. Even if he deserved more ice time they don't want him at wing. Simple as that. You and lots of guys just have way too high of expectations for young players who are mostly always inconsistent.

This is just a down year and a transition year for everyone. People got way too cocky with is team and some people even thought they could go far. Next year I will have way higher expectations.

Last nights loss was a turning point for Jason spezzas Sens IMO.

18Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol oreilly has 0 pim.

19Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:41 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Zibanejad's camp was a complete failure, he came in with a sense of entitlement and there are not a lot of people who question that. He played well for the remainder of 2013 after getting called back up. Since the new year he has been a none factor on most nights and you could put almost anyone worth a damn in the organization in his spot and they would have performed better.

Sophomore slump? Sure, it happens, young kids fall off all the time. Doesn't mean he hasn't had an awful year and doesn't need to be a lot better.

Cowen will be fine.

This year the expectations were right where they should be but Alfie leaving was a huge loss and people now are just realizing how big it truly was. Spezza has stepped up when it has mattered lately but the rest of the team isn't following or isn't capable of it right now.

Next year they need to make sure they have Michalek and Hemsky signed before any kind of expectations are laid on them because if they don't have wingers who can play in the top 6 signed beyond next year they are in trouble. At least if that happens the Sens will get a potential star in next years draft.

20Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Lol oreilly has 0 pim.

Could the Sens ever use him. Wonder if they would ever make a move O'Reilly for Zibanejad? That's a move that would make sense.

21Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Zibanejad's camp was a complete failure, he came in with a sense of entitlement and there are not a lot of people who question that.  He played well for the remainder of 2013 after getting called back up.  Since the new year he has been a none factor on most nights and you could put almost anyone worth a damn in the organization in his spot and they would have performed better.

Sophomore slump?  Sure, it happens, young kids fall off all the time.  Doesn't mean he hasn't had an awful year and doesn't need to be a lot better.  

Cowen will be fine.

This year the expectations were right where they should be but Alfie leaving was a huge loss and people now are just realizing how big it truly was.  Spezza has stepped up when it has mattered lately but the rest of the team isn't following or isn't capable of it right now.

Next year they need to make sure they have Michalek and Hemsky signed before any kind of expectations are laid on them because if they don't have wingers who can play in the top 6 signed beyond next year they are in trouble.  At least if that happens the Sens will get a potential star in next years draft.

There's no reason to not have zibanejad down in bingo if he is truly playing awful right now. That's why i think he's not. He'll be fine, he's on an elc and not much should be expected, especially for power forward type who take much longer to develop.

I would drop him down for stone or da costa right now.

In regards to the first paragraph, you'd be wrong on that one. Most people disagreed with the decision to send him down. Most feel he did nothing to deserve it. The only reason was to give da costa a chance.

22Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BooBoo: Coach Paul MacLean will give lineup updates around 2:45 pm

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/445242908552478720

23Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:59 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I have a bad bad feeling about this game today.

Maybe the Sens can channel their anger from last night and play very well.

The refs today are Pochmara and MORTON. That's right.. Morton.. one of the refs from last nights game..

24Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:01 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Lehner starts.. Andy not ready.

Where is Lehner's head at? What has Walmsley done to Lehner? He's lost his mojo.

25Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:10 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, no lineup changes for Senators today. Coach MacLean had no update on Craig Anderson meaning Lehner starts vs the Avalanche.

Will be interesting to see how they respond.

26Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:20 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Zibanejad's camp was a complete failure, he came in with a sense of entitlement and there are not a lot of people who question that.  He played well for the remainder of 2013 after getting called back up.  Since the new year he has been a none factor on most nights and you could put almost anyone worth a damn in the organization in his spot and they would have performed better.

Sophomore slump?  Sure, it happens, young kids fall off all the time.  Doesn't mean he hasn't had an awful year and doesn't need to be a lot better.  

Cowen will be fine.

This year the expectations were right where they should be but Alfie leaving was a huge loss and people now are just realizing how big it truly was.  Spezza has stepped up when it has mattered lately but the rest of the team isn't following or isn't capable of it right now.

Next year they need to make sure they have Michalek and Hemsky signed before any kind of expectations are laid on them because if they don't have wingers who can play in the top 6 signed beyond next year they are in trouble.  At least if that happens the Sens will get a potential star in next years draft.

There's no reason to not have zibanejad down in bingo if he is truly playing awful right now. That's why i think he's not. He'll be fine, he's on an elc and not much should be expected, especially for power forward type who take much longer to develop.

I would drop him down for stone or da costa right now.

In regards to the first paragraph, you'd be wrong on that one. Most people disagreed with the decision to send him down. Most feel he did nothing to deserve it. The only reason was to give da costa a chance.

I completely disagree but w/e, doesn't matter what anyone's opinion is on that because it's over. You just hope this season was much like a season or two that St.Louis had where it was just growing pains and transition and it's just something to build on from here on out.

Never thought I would have this opinion right now but even in the loses lately I have been impressed with Spezza. He's done nothing but work hard, lead (kind of), and be the teams best player. It's encouraging for sure but you have to resign Hemsky and probably Michalek if you want him to build off what's going on right now.

27Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here we go! Playoff push starts NOW

28Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:I have a bad bad feeling about this game today.

Maybe the Sens can channel their anger from last night and play very well.

The refs today are Pochmara and MORTON.  That's right.. Morton.. one of the refs from last nights game..

That 'T' is silent, right?

29Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Keeping the shots down. The Avs don't look ridiculously faster. Only one shift where they had trouble getting out of the zone.

Too bad this is not 10 games into the season and we're seeing incremental improvements in the game.

30Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Building is dead lol

31Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:38 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Fitting...we finally out shoot the opponent largely and Benoit scores against his former team

32Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jeezus Diddle. What is with us and pucks around our net... can't cover Dung. I know it's a PP but still... ugh.

33Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game day: Avs @ Sens, March 16, 2014 Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Should be the season right there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum