GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames :: 9:30pm ET :: Wed. Mar. 5th, 2014

+15
strachattack
Ev
NEELY
Hobiesens
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
wprager
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
spader
DefenceWinsChampionships
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Meh Karlsson is the face of the franchise now and the most talented, well known player but I'm not sure he's captain material yet.

Alfie was god in that dressing room, I doubt anyone dared go against him and he set the example no matter what happened off and on the ice.  Not sure if Erik has that kind of attitude/credibility yet.

Karlsson does pretty much what he wants out there because he can get away with it and MacLean generally lets him.  Not sure if that's a good example to others who don't have that kind of talent and leeway.

But there's no credible leadership in that room or at least not enough of it.

I say management got what they deserved, they let Alfie go over $1M, you get what you pay for.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:If cheating on your wife was a reason not to be a captain in professional sports then there would be no captains in professional sports.

Not sure if serious

Just saying A LOT of professional athletes cheat on their wives and that includes captains of various teams in various sports.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:If cheating on your wife was a reason not to be a captain in professional sports then there would be no captains in professional sports.

Didn't say it was, it was just corroborating a certain lack of maturity. This wasn't a seven-year-itch. He'd been married a year or less. Surely he could control his libido instead of acting like an 18 year old.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If Karlsson was to be faulted for anything IMO it's getting married at 20 or 21, w/e it was.  Either way I personally don't care.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

Not sure if serious

Just saying A LOT of professional athletes cheat on their wives and that includes captains of various teams in various sports.

haha dude weren't you Dung on spezza and his character for banging some girl at the cabin despite being a married man? But karlsson gets a free pass  DOH! 

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The same reason chara and alfie made great captains is also because they don't do immature and childish things like karlsson (or allegedly spezza). So that in my books means we shouldn't look to karlsson becoming captain just yet....he's not captain material...JUST YET!

I'll say it again, Turris/Methot/Karlsson are the future leaders of this team. Let's not rush either of them into those roles

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vandelay wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Get rid of Spezza this summer, name Phillips the captain for the next couple of years, and roll from there.  By then, Turris or Karlsson or even Bobby Ryan might be in a position to be named captain.  Phillips will buy us time.

P.S. Karlsson is not Captain material yet.  Not sure he ever will be.  A guy who spends all off-season tweeting #lalala, cheats on his wife, continues to worship a former team mate who threw his team under the bus -- sorry, probably a very popular player in that room but the maturity level is not near where it has to be.  Bobby Ryan (IMO) is the guy who just likes to come and play and have fun, and not have responsibilities beyond his one time on ice (which, by the way, is ridiculous - and that's all on MacLean). 

That's quite the accusation

Pretty much confirmed that they split up some time after the overseas trip. She went back to Sweden, deleted all pictures of him from her twitter timeline (I can't confirm that because I didn't follow her, but I heard this -- and can confirm that there are no Karlsson pictures in her timeline; nor pictures of her in his -- and he had at least a few before).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

Not sure if serious

haha dude weren't you Dung on spezza and his character for banging some girl at the cabin despite being a married man? But karlsson gets a free pass  DOH! 

At 30 with 2 kids, banging a woman in the bathroom of a dirty bar?  I have issues with any human that does that.  It's still shocking

Karlsson, at 21, 22 being married, loads of cash, wife not even in the same country let alone city... who the hell didn't expect that to happen.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It's about credibility. Spezza has none as captain. I'm not sure who does in that room that can make everyone sit up and pay attention. Don't think Karlsson is there yet.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah there is an argument to be made for Karlsson not being there yet but you see leadership qualities on and off the ice with him, there's a ton.  If and when Spezza is moved Phillips will more than likely get the "C" for a little while.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spezza has a third on the way, doesn't he?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Spezza has a third on the way, doesn't he?  

Maybe he was really just banging his wife in the bathroom of that dirty bar  Vertigo 

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
LeKing wrote:
NEELY wrote:Spezza will end up in Colorado, heard that from the same person who said the Sens were getting Hemsky so.

Possibly, but only if OReilly signs before the trade.

This is just what I was told and it's info connected to the Murray's.  They are trading Spezza and if they don't get O'Rielly back they are going to go for Statsny on the open market.

I've been saying this for months. Spezza to Colorado.

Everybody agrees with me, sooner or later.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

Maybe he was really just banging his wife in the bathroom of that dirty bar  Vertigo 

WIN.

(because that was the response I was thinking of, too)

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:

Technically that could be true...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I don't see it, they have MacKinnon and O'Rielly(whom they publicly want to resign). Supposedly they have an offer ready for Stastny as well.

Rangers make more sense, since they tried and failed to get Kesler.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I don't see it, they have MacKinnon and O'Rielly(whom they publicly want to resign).  Supposedly they have an offer ready for Stastny as well.

Rangers make more sense, since they tried and failed to get Kesler.

You'll come around.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rangers make sense, Anaheim makes sense. wonder if Nonnis is stupid enough... i think the time has passed for the canucks, they won't want him. there might be some more teams interested.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum