GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Calgary Flames :: 9:30pm ET :: Wed. Mar. 5th, 2014

+15
strachattack
Ev
NEELY
Hobiesens
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
wprager
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
spader
DefenceWinsChampionships
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:
NEELY wrote:Spezza will end up in Colorado, heard that from the same person who said the Sens were getting Hemsky so.

Possibly, but only if OReilly signs before the trade.

This is just what I was told and it's info connected to the Murray's.  They are trading Spezza and if they don't get O'Rielly back they are going to go for Statsny on the open market.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
LeKing wrote:
NEELY wrote:Spezza will end up in Colorado, heard that from the same person who said the Sens were getting Hemsky so.

This is just what I was told and it's info connected to the Murray's.  They are trading Spezza and if they don't get O'Rielly back they are going to go for Statsny on the open market.

Why would Colorado trade for Spezza?

Why would Statsny sign here?

I hope this is true though.

I would like to tweet this lol. Can I have your permission?

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Let's all tweet it and mind Diddle the twitter fanbase

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The thought is Colorado might not sign O'Reilly and Stastny is on his way out.  Apparently the bridges were close to burned with Colorado despite what is being said to the media.  He could still resign but they may not have the room with MacKinnon being up for a new deal in 2 years.  Spezza is the cheap stop gap and they have tons of cap room.

I would prefer you didn't put this out there because if it's true and accurate I think people might know where it came from.  Keep it here for now.  If this wasn't legit I would say go nuts and tweet.

Last edited by NEELY on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
LeKing wrote:

Which "Murrays" are you talking about now -- Bryan and Troy?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:The thought is Colorado might not sign O'Reilly and Stastny is on his way out.  Apparently the bridges were close to burned with Colorado despite what is being said to the media.  He could still resign but they may not have the room with MacKinnon being up for a new deal in 2 years.  Spezza is the cheap stop gap and they have tons of cap room.

I would prefer you didn't put this out there because if it's true and accurate I think people might know where it came from.  Keep it here for now.  If this wasn't legit I would say go nuts and tweet.

Aight.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
LeKing wrote:

Which "Murrays" are you talking about now -- Bryan and Troy?

Tim and Bryan.  Tim hasn't been gone that long.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:The thought is Colorado might not sign O'Reilly and Stastny is on his way out.  Apparently the bridges were close to burned with Colorado despite what is being said to the media.  He could still resign but they may not have the room with MacKinnon being up for a new deal in 2 years.  Spezza is the cheap stop gap and they have tons of cap room.

Aight.

Tons of cap room for 2 more seasons that is and they need a center after Duchene and MacKinnon.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Can he at least put spezza banging broads at the cabin on twitter?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see why Colorado has a need for Spezza though. Duchene and MacKinnon down the middle already.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:I don't see why Colorado has a need for Spezza though. Duchene and MacKinnon down the middle already.

Because he has a high cap hit and not a ton committed long term (1 year).  The thought is that Colorado can't afford to give long term deals to either Statsny or O'Reilly.  They have Duchene, Landeskog, Varlamov all making north of 5 mil.  MacKinnon will be up in 2 years and they are planning on giving him 7-8 x 8 obviously.  Johnson will be making north of 5 million on a long term deal as well which is what they want their core to be.  That's around 30 mil of the cap with only 2 centers, a winger, a goalie, and a D man signed.  I'm not saying they won't resign O'Reilly but if they don't look for Ottawa to use Spezza to land him.  They don't want O'Reilly making more than Duchene though and that's basically what will happen.

Spezza is a guy that can come in and do the job as the 2nd/3rd line center and work on the first PP unit.  He's a stop gap for sure and I would assume they hope they can resign him to something reasonable that won't break the bank. It's a move that makes sense IF this is true and accurate which I believe it is.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Can he at least put spezza banging broads at the cabin on twitter?
Absolutely.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Get rid of Spezza this summer, name Phillips the captain for the next couple of years, and roll from there.  By then, Turris or Karlsson or even Bobby Ryan might be in a position to be named captain.  Phillips will buy us time.

P.S. Karlsson is not Captain material yet.  Not sure he ever will be.  A guy who spends all off-season tweeting #lalala, cheats on his wife, continues to worship a former team mate who threw his team under the bus -- sorry, probably a very popular player in that room but the maturity level is not near where it has to be.  Bobby Ryan (IMO) is the guy who just likes to come and play and have fun, and not have responsibilities beyond his one time on ice (which, by the way, is ridiculous - and that's all on MacLean). 

That's quite the accusation

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If cheating on your wife was a reason not to be a captain in professional sports then there would be no captains in professional sports.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:If cheating on your wife was a reason not to be a captain in professional sports then there would be no captains in professional sports.

Not sure if serious

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Meh Karlsson is the face of the franchise now and the most talented, well known player but I'm not sure he's captain material yet.

Alfie was god in that dressing room, I doubt anyone dared go against him and he set the example no matter what happened off and on the ice.  Not sure if Erik has that kind of attitude/credibility yet.

Karlsson does pretty much what he wants out there because he can get away with it and MacLean generally lets him.  Not sure if that's a good example to others who don't have that kind of talent and leeway.

But there's no credible leadership in that room or at least not enough of it.

I say management got what they deserved, they let Alfie go over $1M, you get what you pay for.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:If cheating on your wife was a reason not to be a captain in professional sports then there would be no captains in professional sports.

Not sure if serious

Just saying A LOT of professional athletes cheat on their wives and that includes captains of various teams in various sports.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Didn't say it was, it was just corroborating a certain lack of maturity. This wasn't a seven-year-itch. He'd been married a year or less. Surely he could control his libido instead of acting like an 18 year old.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum