GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Pens @ Sens :: Game 4, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Wed. May. 22nd, 2013

+10
TheAvatar
spader
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
wprager
NEELY
tim1_2
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Chris Neil is to "ready to go" as he is is to WIN.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=423688

Funny, I don't think Neil said anything untoward about the hit, yet Orpik seemed yo take exceptions:

"I was going down and I was in a vulnerable position and he gave me an extra shove, which I picked up speed going into the boards," Neil explained on Tuesday. "It is what it is. It's playoff hockey. It's one of those things if he's in that situation I probably would have shoved him there, but it is what it is. The way he plays, he plays a physical game and I don't expect anything less from him."

If anything, almost sounds like he admires him for what he does.

Then Orpik responds:

"My response is it's very laughable coming from him," he told reporters on Tuesday.

"I thought it was a pretty harmless play. I didn't even know he didn't return. He's done his fair share of things to me and everybody else in here. We all know how he plays and he's a guy who plays hard and he's a competitive guy. Everybody knows how he plays. He's out there to agitate and I don't have much to say about it. He gets away with a lot - let's put it that way."

I don't get it. Maybe it's due to this (which I don't really understand):

"It's playoffs - your intensity is high out there. Tying to finish checks, you see a guy down. Put it this way - I wouldn't have done that to him to out him in the situation. I'm just lucky I'm no worse for wear and I'm lucky to keep going.

If someone could translate the bolded part for me I'd appreciate it.

Earlier Neil says "I probably would have shoved him there" and now he's saying else? Or something the same? Or did the article writer make typo -- maybe Neil said "I probably wouldn't have shoved him there"? Or maybe ...

I'm confused.

Why don't they just line up at center ice and beat the crap out of each other, and whoever is bleeding less wins, and the other guy gets to keep his mouth shut.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Neil got a reaction out of the Pens, always a good thing. No way anyone believes Neil doesn't take that same shot but guess what? No one cares either, just the Pens obviously. Mind games.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The mindfucking continues...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here is the NHL.com Game Preview:

"We let this one slip away," Vokoun said. "To let [Ottawa] score on our power play, that's tough to take. Sometimes you have to go through adversity. I guess this is ours.

WTH is this guy talking about? That's not adversity, that's a screw up. Adversity is if Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Orpik and Fleury were all lost to injuries fro large chunks of the season. Adversity is having to overcome terribly one-sided refereeing and league judgements. He's mistaking adversity to stupidity.

Last edited by wprager on Wed May 22, 2013 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Moved into my first home this weekend and dead tired, managed to get to the game last night and might go on Wed as well depending on the cash flow. Hopefully the Sens can turn this into a best of three and keep this fantastic season going.

Congratulations !!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mendes is tweeting to not be surprised if Stone draws in (for Conacher, who did not have a good game).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HUZZAH!!! GAME DAY!!! GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, Simmer not pulling any punches:

Shawn Simpson ‏@SSimpsonHockey

Certain guys play hard and clean. Chris Neil is one such player. Brooks Orpik is the complete opposite. Cheap shot artist. He'll get his!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And he's not averse to criticizing the Sens' players, either:

Shawn Simpson ‏@SSimpsonHockey

@ian_mendes @6thSens Conacher was a disaster the other night. The only piece that didn't fit. Turnover machine. Excited to see Stone!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It'll be quite interesting if Stone draws in...not a bad idea. Our offense is still struggling to score, so why not? Stone's a bigger body too, and Conacher's been getting tossed around a bit. Still love Conacher though. No one cares more than Conacher.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Vokoun is due for a stinker... today is that day... yes...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep...we've been making Vokoun look good. We should get to him early and often tonight. Fleury goes in next game, and it all comes apart for Pittsburgh from there. Not to get ahead of myself, though.

Seriously, can we please get a lead tonight? I'm not even picky...let's get a one goal lead early on and force Pittsburgh into having to press. Matrix will hold the fort, while we capitalize on some turnovers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not the way Conacher plays that irks people, it's the penalties he rakes at inopportune times, usually because he's on his arse and needs to save himself. Fixable, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him draw out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Spezza with a 3 point night? More to come.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game Day preview...

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/gameday-preview-pittsburgh-penguins-at-ottawa-senators

No changes expected to the lineup... at this time...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No Michalek at the morning skate..Stone with Spezza and Conacher.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michalek should just hang it up for this year, do what he has to do surgery wise and begin his rehab for next year. He's been useless with the exception of that five alarm pass to Alfie to save our season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Michalek should just hang it up for this year, do what he has to do surgery wise and begin his rehab for next year. He's been useless with the exception of that five alarm pass to Alfie to save our season.

I totally get what you're saying, but that whole saving our season thing was pretty awesome.

But yeah, we shouldn't suffer much if Stone goes in for Michalek. Maybe having Spezza and Stone with Conacher will help free up the little guy to motor around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum