GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Pens @ Sens :: Game 4, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Wed. May. 22nd, 2013

+10
TheAvatar
spader
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
wprager
NEELY
tim1_2
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:Michalek needs to be replaced. Can't waste a roster spot on a walking-on-one-knee dead. Too bad but it needs to be done.
I am still bitter at Corey Perry

Did you see his goal last night? This isn't a player you just walk away from. Hopefully they can operate/treat his knee this off-season and he comes back near 100% next year. This guy scored 35 goals last year.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

If there's a trade out there that can get us a 20-25 goal scorer without injury history I won't hesitate one second.
Teams with inconsistent/injured players don't go nowhere. He is becoming Martin Havlat and I love both players when they're healthy.
Unless Eugene wants to spend to the cap and Michalek is not expected to be a top line player anymore.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:If there's a trade out there that can get us a 20-25 goal scorer without injury history I won't hesitate one second.
Teams with inconsistent/injured players don't go nowhere. He is becoming Martin Havlat and I love both players when they're healthy.
Unless Eugene wants to spend to the cap and Michalek is not expected to be a top line player anymore.

Good second line guy though. 4.33 is about right for that too.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:Teams with injured players don't go nowhere.

See: Penguins, Pittsburgh

It IS possible. Michalek would be a perfect second line player, and is still capable of being a first-liner if he can figure out his knee and stay healthy. There is NO sense in getting rid of him yet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Sens aren't done yet but I have always been of the opinion next year is the year the Sens make some serious noise... next year they are a contender but they need to make a move for a legit goal scorer and they need to resign Gonchar for one more season.

Gonchar was Cussing brutal, he had a good year but holy Dung when he decides to suck he goes full challenged mode. I wonder if they'll go in a different direction.

No idea where they can get a "legit" goal scorer from, can't really think of who'd be available.

Richards will be bought out. He should be good for a bounce-back year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Sens aren't done yet but I have always been of the opinion next year is the year the Sens make some serious noise... next year they are a contender but they need to make a move for a legit goal scorer and they need to resign Gonchar for one more season.

Gonchar was Cussing brutal, he had a good year but holy Dung when he decides to suck he goes full challenged mode. I wonder if they'll go in a different direction.

No idea where they can get a "legit" goal scorer from, can't really think of who'd be available.

Can he play wing?

Other options on the UFA market this offseason include: Dupuis, Boyes, Iggy, Clarkson, Stalberg, Horton.

It's kinda thin out there.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Can he play wing?

Other options on the UFA market this offseason include: Dupuis, Boyes, Iggy, Clarkson, Stalberg, Horton.

It's kinda thin out there.

He definitely played LW in Tampa.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

IGGY IGGY IGGY!!! I agree Michalek should be better suited to the 2nd line. I'm not sure if Alfie will come back but we're all hoping. as for Silf well he seemed warned down but it's been a long first NA season for him. there's plenty we can try for next year but I agree we have to look for that 1st line winger and yes, it appears Perry won't be the one. Iggy perhaps?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum