GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Pens @ Sens :: Game 3, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Sun. May. 19th, 2013

+10
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:O'Brien will never play another game as a Sen, no chance. So many guys jumped him on the depth chart it isn't funny. Pageau made sure he will never get back in... might get a 5th or 6th for him at the draft.

I don't know what the #HAMR did to deserve the benching anyway.

Because he just isn't good enough, wasn't getting enough out of him. Fact is he is a border line NHL player and a 1st round bust. He might get to the 200 game mark with some luck but he has no offensive skill at all. Also, his work ethic has been a question for a very long time even if it has improved, obviously not enough to stay in an NHL lineuo. Even Regin is ahead of him on the depth chart and he prob doesn't play another game for the Sens again.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:O'Brien will never play another game as a Sen, no chance. So many guys jumped him on the depth chart it isn't funny. Pageau made sure he will never get back in... might get a 5th or 6th for him at the draft.

Because he just isn't good enough, wasn't getting enough out of him. Fact is he is a border line NHL player and a 1st round bust. He might get to the 200 game mark with some luck but he has no offensive skill at all. Also, his work ethic has been a question for a very long time even if it has improved, obviously not enough to stay in an NHL lineuo. Even Regin is ahead of him on the depth chart and he prob doesn't play another game for the Sens again.

Oh I agree but there were times where you shake your head that Kassian is in the lineup over the #HAMR

The #HAMR of justice will have to find a new team. Looks like he is well-liked at least.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hopefully someone takes him. Otherwise, for the amount of money he makes, he might be a good Black Ace next year.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Can't believe I had to sell my tickets for game 3 Sad

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

Oh I agree but there were times where you shake your head that Kassian is in the lineup over the #HAMR

The #HAMR of justice will have to find a new team. Looks like he is well-liked at least.

I like Kassian personally, he's smart enough to not hurt his team even if right now he can't really help it either. Regular season he is going to be a huge asset and in fact I think he becomes an even more serviceable player down the line because of the staff the Sens have.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Anyone remember the who the 3 zebras were last night?
OFFICIALS
- Referees: Eric Furlatt, Stephen Walkom
- Linesmen: Scott Cherrey, Brian Murphy

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012030213

Stephen Walkom lives in Moon Township, not far from me. So explain to me how someone from the Pittsburgh area is officiating a Pittsburgh SCP game in Ottawa?

He just lives there; he's fro, North Bay, originally.

I'm sorry, but if your daughter is going to Penn State, you are now from here, no linger from North Bay.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
OFFICIALS

Stephen Walkom lives in Moon Township, not far from me. So explain to me how someone from the Pittsburgh area is officiating a Pittsburgh SCP game in Ottawa?

I'm sorry, but if your daughter is going to Penn State, you are now from here, no linger from North Bay.

Yeah, I considered the kid factor but I was thinking more along the lines of a 9 year old saying "Daddy, why did you make my Penguins lose?" Walkom was the director of officiating or some such, and asked to go back to active duty as a ref. I've got to think he was making more money in the other position, so he got back to what he loves. It was a badly called game, but do we know which calls/non-calls were his fault vs. Furlatt? I guess I'm giving the guy the benefit of doubt. Who knows, maybe the word is from on high, if you believe in those conspiracy theories.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
OFFICIALS

Looks like he's about as Canadian as Wayne "Stars and Stripes" Gretzky.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Yeah, I considered the kid factor but I was thinking more along the lines of a 9 year old saying "Daddy, why did you make my Penguins lose?" Walkom was the director of officiating or some such, and asked to go back to active duty as a ref. I've got to think he was making more money in the other position, so he got back to what he loves. It was a badly called game, but do we know which calls/non-calls were his fault vs. Furlatt? I guess I'm giving the guy the benefit of doubt. Who knows, maybe the word is from on high, if you believe in those conspiracy theories.

I think Walkoum resigned and wanted to go back to on-ice officiating instead of working behind a desk all day.

This morning on the radio they said almost all penalty calls against Ottawa were called by him and Furlatt made most of th calls on the Pens.

When articles like this get written about the Sens, I get the feeling we're not well liked in Canada in general:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/05/18/nhl_playoffs_2013_senators_nation_confined_to_ottawa_dimanno.html

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:When articles like this get written about the Sens, I get the feeling we're not well liked in Canada in general:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/05/18/nhl_playoffs_2013_senators_nation_confined_to_ottawa_dimanno.html
Meh. No surprise there. Stuck in between Habs Nation and Leafs Nation... not an easy task, but Sens Nation is certainly growing. Slowly but surely.

GO SENS GO!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

I think Walkoum resigned and wanted to go back to on-ice officiating instead of working behind a desk all day.

This morning on the radio they said almost all penalty calls against Ottawa were called by him and Furlatt made most of th calls on the Pens.

When articles like this get written about the Sens, I get the feeling we're not well liked in Canada in general:

hahahahaha, what a terrible article that smells pretty strongly of sadness because the Leafs got knocked out.

Eat it!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I love the subtle dig right in the first sentence, calling Ottawa a "town".

Ottawa population is officially 900,000 (drove by the sign last night on the way home from visiting my folks in Montreal).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City#Canada

In Canada, the granting of city status is handled by the individual provinces and territories. Therefore, city status definitions and criteria vary widely across the country. In British Columbia and Saskatchewan, towns can become cities after they reach a population of 5,000 people,[42][43] but the threshold is 10,000 in Alberta,[44] New Brunswick,[45] and Ontario. In Manitoba, an urban municipality may not be named as a city unless its population meets or exceeds 7,500 people.[46]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Pens @ Sens :: Game 3, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Sun. May. 19th, 2013 - Page 11 1301343519922

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum