GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Pens @ Sens :: Game 3, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Sun. May. 19th, 2013

+10
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Some guys just "get it" and Pageau seems to be one of those guys. Not a late bloomer per say but he knows what he needs to do when he is on the ice, simple as that. Now, could he fall back down to earth? Sure, but he's just the best player on the ice every time he is on and that includes Crosby and Malkin right now.

Dorion deserves all the credit and so does Murray because he did say when he went to see him and Couturier play "pick both #12's".

False, #11's. Smile

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If I was Bylsma, I'd go right back with Vokoun. I thought maybe we'd see MAF after a Vokoun loss, that that loss last night won't do it. No way.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:If I was Bylsma, I'd go right back with Vokoun. I thought maybe we'd see MAF after a Vokoun loss, that that loss last night won't do it. No way.

Oh yeah, it'll be Vokoun for sure. And I think we score on him a few times.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Some guys just "get it" and Pageau seems to be one of those guys. Not a late bloomer per say but he knows what he needs to do when he is on the ice, simple as that. Now, could he fall back down to earth? Sure, but he's just the best player on the ice every time he is on and that includes Crosby and Malkin right now.

Dorion deserves all the credit and so does Murray because he did say when he went to see him and Couturier play "pick both #12's".

False, #11's. Smile

And the other 11 is Huberdeau, not the "tailor" Sarcasm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKing wrote:Pageau was buzzing in the last 20-ish games of the year.
It's not about the overall points, it's about how the player progresses.

Buzzing where? Here or Bingo?

Pageau and Prince were Bingo's best players at the end of the season

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:If I was Bylsma, I'd go right back with Vokoun. I thought maybe we'd see MAF after a Vokoun loss, that that loss last night won't do it. No way.

For a team that needs rest for their best players, this is all playing out pretty well. Vokoun would have to get lit up for that move to made and that may just happen in Game 4.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:

False, #11's. Smile

That... is... correct

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Pens @ Sens :: Game 3, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Sun. May. 19th, 2013 - Page 9 6a00e54ee7b642883301538f2899a1970b-popup

Last edited by NEELY on Mon May 20, 2013 4:49 pm; edited 7 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKing wrote:Pageau was buzzing in the last 20-ish games of the year.
It's not about the overall points, it's about how the player progresses.

Buzzing where? Here or Bingo?

Pageau and Prince were Bingo's best players at the end of the season

Yeah, they were amazing. I thought it would be one of the two that got the call up for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's getting to be 'old hat' in Ottawa is that every single player on the ice has the heart and drive to compete every night. They have the talent too, but in some players it hasn't fully developed to an NHL level.

But the heart and drive is something we haven't seen for a while. No more passengers on this club and it's amazing to watch.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:

For a team that needs rest for their best players, this is all playing out pretty well. Vokoun would have to get lit up for that move to made and that may just happen in Game 4.
SOLD!!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

False, #11's. Smile

http://brianorndorf.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ee7b642883301538f2899a1970b-popup

That... is... correct

I want you Billy.

P.S. I'm horny

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

False, #11's. Smile

That... is... correct

I want you Billy.

P.S. I'm horny

Nod

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

False, #11's. Smile

That... is... correct

I want you Billy.

P.S. I'm horny

Nod

That Veronica Vaughn is one piece of ACE!!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

False, #11's. Smile

That... is... correct

I want you Billy.

P.S. I'm horny

Nod

That Veronica Vaughn is one piece of ACE!!!

I know from experience, dude.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Anyone remember the who the 3 zebras were last night?
OFFICIALS
- Referees: Eric Furlatt, Stephen Walkom
- Linesmen: Scott Cherrey, Brian Murphy

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012030213

Stephen Walkom lives in Moon Township, not far from me. So explain to me how someone from the Pittsburgh area is officiating a Pittsburgh SCP game in Ottawa?

He just lives there; he's fro, North Bay, originally.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Honestly, how can you say the refs aren't trying to help PIT win? Ridiculous. Even the broadcasters are essentially wondering aloud stopping just short of saying "WTF?!?!?!"
Definitely felt tilted when you look at the numerous missed calls, twice on karlsson yet they ding karlsson for diving and slash at a crucial time at the end of the game. But also got away with no penalty shot call on methot taking down malkin. But yeah felt like there was zero hesitation to give penguins a powerplay. Whatever they and the penguins can suck on that shorty by alfie. Loved the look on lemiuex and his wife MJ

The ref was doing the Pens a favor. Malkin is 0 for 6 on in-game awarded penalty shots:
http://pittsburghhockey.net/penalty-shots-for-regular-season

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Michalek with a ridiculous pass to Alfie to tie it up too. Finally, he does something!

That's a set play they do all the time in practice. Karlsson's goal in the first game in Montreal was the same play but the shot was up off the ice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I think it's pretty even, but Pageau is more aggressive forechecking than Couturier is. He's also fast, fast, fast and that counts for a lot when back/forechecking.

Pageau is amazing, seriously a ridiculous story right now.

And he'll be a rookie next season. Could we see another Calder on the Sens roster?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum