GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Fri, Mar 8 2013

+12
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
PTFlea
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Lehner = redeemed

What a save. Sens looking awful on defense

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

I have never seen so many examples of why you don't want D playing there off side. Only Gonchar, probably because of good hips, is able to get to his forhand. It is really limiting in the offensive zone and terrifying in the defensive zone.

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran

Silfverberg. wooooooo 4 minutes to go

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Game set and match. Phew!

Gotta say what a great game by silfverberg and especially gryba

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Oh and lehner RocknRoll

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pesky Sens! Great pressure in the 3rd. Wow. Nicely done kids.

GO SENS GO!!!

Lehner looked like he was fighting the puck.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

BIG WIN.

Tonight you saw the difference between Lehner and Bishop. Lehner lets in a weak one, arguably 2 and he bounces back with a fantastic game. That's a future #1 stud.

Gryba was fantastic tonight and will be a nice compliment to Karlsson down the line... big shot from the right side and he knows how to pick his spots, he could be dangerous one day.

Really solid game by the Sens and they now get another couple days off. Hardest part of the schedule is over now and they got 4 points in 5 games. Not great but good enough.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Cussing win for the boys. So many things could've gone wrong for us in this game. We get the early lead, but then a couple fluke goals gets the Rags back in it. Lehner could've easily got off his game after those two, but he ended up holding us in the game. Also, the penalty to Phillips was total horse Dung, but they battled through that.

The blocker save Lehner made point-blank in the 3rd was phenomenal, and he had another blocker save with about 30 seconds left in the game...he was great.

Gotta love the never-quit attitude of the boys, lead by The Alfie. The Alfie was rock solid again tonight, and had that beautiful assist on the Smith goal.

Gryba looked good, and shot the puck a ton. Neil was a wrecking ball.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Game set and match. Phew!

Gotta say what a great game by silfverberg and especially gryba

Having Gryba may be one of the most important things they found this year. He's locked down a roster spot without anyone having to go out and make a trade or spend on a UFA.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also thought Z-Bad looked good again. He was throwing some hits too.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Zibanejad and Silfverberg are forechecking monsters

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:BIG WIN.

Tonight you saw the difference between Lehner and Bishop. Lehner lets in a weak one, arguably 2 and he bounces back with a fantastic game. That's a future #1 stud.

Gryba was fantastic tonight and will be a nice compliment to Karlsson down the line... big shot from the right side and he knows how to pick his spots, he could be dangerous one day.

Really solid game by the Sens and they now get another couple days off. Hardest part of the schedule is over now and they got 4 points in 5 games. Not great but good enough.
Great offensive game from Gryba, but he made some horrific decisions in his own end which started some long periods of scrambling in the defensive zone. I like Gryba alot but let's not overlook the bad just because he was so good offensively.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Gryba was fine in his own zone. Guys turn over pucks against the Rangers, it's just the way it is. He's not Karlsson.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lehner's reflex when he tapped the puck in mid air was just wow

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Gryba was fine in his own zone. Guys turn over pucks against the Rangers, it's just the way it is. He's not Karlsson.
The ones I was referencing were unforced, usually after he would up on the left side and rather than either fire it off the glass on the forehand or take a half second and turn his hips, he pushed a soft backhand to the point. No big deal, they were all doing that, especially Benoit, he is young and will get much better.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They gotta take that pesky-ness to Boston on Monday. Gonna have to be physical. Lehner with the start? Hell yeah.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah everyone was turning pucks over on the D. Philips had like 2 that could easily have been goals

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Ugh. Our PP is sad.

1 for 3. I'll take that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum