GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Fri, Mar 8 2013

+12
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
PTFlea
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They gotta take that pesky-ness to Boston on Monday. Gonna have to be physical. Lehner with the start? Hell yeah.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah everyone was turning pucks over on the D. Philips had like 2 that could easily have been goals

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Ugh. Our PP is sad.

1 for 3. I'll take that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Twos all around -- 2-2 after 2.

Lehner must be pissed at that first one. The second one, at least, was a perfect shot, top far-corner. He had the puck carrier to worry about so had to be right up against the post. But he should have come out at least a little to challenge Richards.

Didn't even realize until later that shots on goal after 2 were 22-22. Vertigo

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:They gotta take that pesky-ness to Boston on Monday. Gonna have to be physical. Lehner with the start? Hell yeah.

"Win and yer in."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just finished watching it, what a massive win that is. Great team game from top to bottom. Liking Zibanejad's game, also stunned at how much Michalek adds.

I'm so impressed Lehner bounced back from those two goals to outduel Lundqvist.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Alfie said you can't do anything on the 1st NYR goal if you're a goalie because of the deflection. God is never wrong.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:They gotta take that pesky-ness to Boston on Monday. Gonna have to be physical. Lehner with the start? Hell yeah.

"Win and yer in."
When you are working with both your backups... I'm fine with that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:Alfie said you can't do anything on the 1st NYR goal if you're a goalie because of the deflection. God is never wrong.

God loves everyone. Even goalies who don't do so much as even wave the trapper in the general direction of a deflected knucklepuck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Just finished watching it, what a massive win that is. Great team game from top to bottom. Liking Zibanejad's game, also stunned at how much Michalek adds.

Michalek looks like he hasn't missed a beat. Mind you, he *was* playing against a Rangers team known more for blocking shots than anything else, and who played the night before. Still, in the two games since he (and Stone) drew in, the Sens have scored 7 goals, which doubles their output of the previous 10 or so games.

Zibanejad has been hot, and Silfverberg finally scored another one in regulation. Maybe those two get untracked.

Smith, just like NEELY said, when he gets 1, he'll get a bunch. It's only 2 games, but looks positive. He just has to stop being lazy on the back-check. I'm sure the 'Stache let him have an earful after the Richards goal.

I've liked what I've seen from Stone so far. Doesn't look out of place. He'll start showing up on the score-sheet soon.

Now, what to do about the Bruins? Play Lehner, that's for sure. Do you bring up Borowiecki? (my gut says hell no, he'd be out of his depth) Do we have enough toughness in Methot, Gryba, Neil, Smith? Can the others step up: Greening, Zibanejad, O'Brien, Stone?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Just finished watching it, what a massive win that is. Great team game from top to bottom. Liking Zibanejad's game, also stunned at how much Michalek adds.

Michalek looks like he hasn't missed a beat. Mind you, he *was* playing against a Rangers team known more for blocking shots than anything else, and who played the night before. Still, in the two games since he (and Stone) drew in, the Sens have scored 7 goals, which doubles their output of the previous 10 or so games.

Zibanejad has been hot, and Silfverberg finally scored another one in regulation. Maybe those two get untracked.

Smith, just like NEELY said, when he gets 1, he'll get a bunch. It's only 2 games, but looks positive. He just has to stop being lazy on the back-check. I'm sure the 'Stache let him have an earful after the Richards goal.

I've liked what I've seen from Stone so far. Doesn't look out of place. He'll start showing up on the score-sheet soon.

Now, what to do about the Bruins? Play Lehner, that's for sure. Do you bring up Borowiecki? (my gut says hell no, he'd be out of his depth) Do we have enough toughness in Methot, Gryba, Neil, Smith? Can the others step up: Greening, Zibanejad, O'Brien, Stone?

I think they can step up, I'd leave the lineup as it was. Not much fighting going on when it's a fast paced tempo like it was last night. Grind it out and hope for a point - two would be great obviously.

I was happy to see Gryba rebound last night and have another solid game after a few so-so outings.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Maclean is amazing. Not only does he make Alfie and Michalek resurrect Zack Smith, he puts Turris against Stralman and confidence looks to be up a notch already.
Did I say that Stone and Zibanejad look like Bruins? Big, physical, and great hands

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

hopefully we can keep the line together the turris line and Alfie line look to be going well clicking and making someplays and sustaining pressure

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:Maclean is amazing. Not only does he make Alfie and Michalek resurrect Zack Smith, he puts Turris against Stralman and confidence looks to be up a notch already.
Did I say that Stone and Zibanejad look like Bruins? Big, physical, and great hands
Yeah, behind everything this team does is Mac, Reeds and Cameron (and Richardson). Friggin impressive.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Turris played well enough to have about 12 points. Yet he had NONE. Unreal.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

For as much as we all rip on him, Gonchar had a great game.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Turris played well enough to have about 12 points. Yet he had NONE. Unreal.

He is beyond cursed, at some point that has to stop. Probably when Spezza returns , Turris was on fire when #19 was on the roster.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:For as much as we all rip on him, Gonchar had a great game.

He's been solid all season long. Not a star or anything but real steady.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum