GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Fri, Mar 8 2013

+12
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
PTFlea
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

For as much as we all rip on him, Gonchar had a great game.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Turris played well enough to have about 12 points. Yet he had NONE. Unreal.

He is beyond cursed, at some point that has to stop. Probably when Spezza returns , Turris was on fire when #19 was on the roster.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:For as much as we all rip on him, Gonchar had a great game.

He's been solid all season long. Not a star or anything but real steady.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:For as much as we all rip on him, Gonchar had a great game.

He's been solid all season long. Not a star or anything but real steady.

Some nights he's just not all there but he's also 39 and has a ton of miles on him... fact of the matter is he's playing way more mins in a season where he should be getting nights off than he should or is probably capable of.

I think they question about him is do they bring him back next season? Yah, there are other players like Boyle who you wish you could have but what's the cost? Gonchar would be a free D man and is a vet LH shot on the PP. Splits time with Gryba on the 2nd and 3rd pair and his minutes would be a lot easier in that sense.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'd totally bring Gonchar back if he signs a one year deal. Like it or not, Wiercioch loves playing with him and getting mentored. As it stands, no one else in the org can do that job.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nope. Love the Karlsson/Methot pairing. Love the Phillips/Gryba pairing. Like the Weircoich/Gonchar. Then that begs the question, what to do with Cowen?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Nope. Love the Karlsson/Methot pairing. Love the Phillips/Gryba pairing. Like the Weircoich/Gonchar. Then that begs the question, what to do with Cowen?

Keep him.

Philips has 1 year left.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Obviously keep him, lol. Just saying but I would be Cowen and Wiercioch could be a pairing going forward.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:I'd totally bring Gonchar back if he signs a one year deal. Like it or not, Wiercioch loves playing with him and getting mentored. As it stands, no one else in the org can do that job.
I think Gonchar will be looking for a 2 year deal minimum. whether the sens agree to that or not... some other GM will IMO.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Obviously keep him, lol. Just saying but I would be Cowen and Wiercioch could be a pairing going forward.

One of them will replace Phillips, who knows how Cowen will be after missing a year, we can alternate him in and out of the line up.

Wiercioch is looking better so far, but we'll see how he does in the 2nd half of the season (and playoffs). Gonchar has been a great mentor to a bunch of our D-men, I'd say that was worth his salary alone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Obviously keep him, lol. Just saying but I would be Cowen and Wiercioch could be a pairing going forward.

They both play the left side.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum