GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Fri, Mar 8 2013

+12
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
PTFlea
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:So Phillips got the extra penalty(s) because its the rule, well then props to Haley for making a smart play. Anyone who makes a clean hit should grab the closet guy to them and fight them to get the powerplay
That instigator should have been let go. The refs have to use some common sense, so Cussing inconsistent. Gonchar has taken 2 high sticks and nothing.

Dreger said in the intermission that the instigator is atuomatically issued when a fight occurs after a clean hit

but he left his feet and chargin was called as well

true enough. i wasent trying to defend the play, just the rule

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran

play is really starting open up, got lucky they hit the post

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:nice play by Turris there, to bad couldnt finish

We've been hearing that all year.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Bramlet07 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:So Phillips got the extra penalty(s) because its the rule, well then props to Haley for making a smart play. Anyone who makes a clean hit should grab the closet guy to them and fight them to get the powerplay
That instigator should have been let go. The refs have to use some common sense, so Cussing inconsistent. Gonchar has taken 2 high sticks and nothing.

Dreger said in the intermission that the instigator is atuomatically issued when a fight occurs after a clean hit

I know but I don't understand the play wasn't called as clean so he shouldnt have gotten the instigator

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bramlet07 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

If he left his feet, then it was not a clean hit... what a mess that whole play was.

Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bramlet07 wrote:Phillips didnt instigate anything, he turned around and Haley had his gloves dropped

On the intermission show Ward said that it's an automatic now, if you fight a guy after a clean hit that you get the instigator.

Bullsh*t! If that was a clean hit, then why was there a charging penalty on it?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Garbage call on phillips. Sens have come unglued since that 1st rangers goal. Also now our goaltending sucks Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:

Also makes no sense that he gets 2 for instigating, another 2 for instigating with a visor on, and then 10 on top of that???! And he didn't drop the gloves first.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bramlet07 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

They usually don't call a penalty on a "clean hit".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Actually according to the box score Haley's charging was on Phillips. If that was true then I guess that was a clean hit after all. But then the instigator really makes no sense. I'm even more confused than I was this morning. And that *IS* saying something.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

nice work one on one by turris

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:nice play by Turris there, to bad couldnt finish

We've been hearing that all year.

like that play there

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Actually according to the box score Haley's charging was on Phillips. If that was true then I guess that was a clean hit after all. But then the instigator really makes no sense. I'm even more confused than I was this morning. And that *IS* saying something.

that clears everything up according to the rule book then, even if the rule is Cussing stupid

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Twos all around -- 2-2 after 2.

Lehner must be pissed at that first one. The second one, at least, was a perfect shot, top far-corner. He had the puck carrier to worry about so had to be right up against the post. But he should have come out at least a little to challenge Richards.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Tied after, 2, Rags played last night.
Easy win, put all your savings on OTT.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Lehner = redeemed

What a save. Sens looking awful on defense

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I have never seen so many examples of why you don't want D playing there off side. Only Gonchar, probably because of good hips, is able to get to his forhand. It is really limiting in the offensive zone and terrifying in the defensive zone.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Silfverberg. wooooooo 4 minutes to go

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum