GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 Trade Deadline

+15
SensHulk
Ev
Oglethorpe
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
rooneypoo
spader
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Hoags
NEELY
tim1_2
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 48 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 64]

4812013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:49 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:It's not like I am ripping the Pens apart because I dislike the team or players, I was praising them for both the previous trades. This one I don't like despite popular opinion.

Only one guy can shoot the puck, one one guy can have the puck, only one guy can score the goals. It's overkill.

Deal like this makes more sense in baseball. One puck, 5 skaters. Iggy replaces someone in the top-six, maybe they score 35 goals instead of 25 over 82 games, but how many more wins is it? How many of those goals will simply mean winning 6-3 instead of 5-3?

4822013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:27 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:For the Sens, I remember how interested Murray was in J-Bo a few years ago. I'll be surprised if he doesn't take a run at him.

Cowen may be ready in a couple weeks. Does that change your opinion?

4832013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

No. If it were up to me, I would investigate but I would not pay a ridiculous price to get him.

You cannot have too much D. J-Bo would essentially take Gonchar's spot next year, giving the Sens a strong top 4. You cannot expect the level of goaltending the Sens have had this year to persist year in, year out.

4842013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:08 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:No. If it were up to me, I would investigate but I would not pay a ridiculous price to get him.

You cannot have too much D. J-Bo would essentially take Gonchar's spot next year, giving the Sens a strong top 4. You cannot expect the level of goaltending the Sens have had this year to persist year in, year out.

I could handle Jay-bo being here next year, as long as we're not giving away the moon for him. it all depends whether they're keeping gonchar or not.

as far as the level of goaltending? I dunno man, Lehner is the real deal, i won't be surprised in the least if he gets better and better.

4852013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:59 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

The Pens are loaded up front. They have decent D.

It's all on Fleury. If he plays like his is capable off.. the Pens are the favs to win the Cup.

If he has another playoff like he did last year... then they will be lucky to get out of round 2.

4862013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:14 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They have VOkoun who is more than capable to back up if Fleury chokes

4872013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:They have VOkoun who is more than capable to back up if Fleury chokes
yeah, i think they're not bare in the back either. i'm not discounting one of them choking but both? i dunno. I'm not betting money against them this playoffs.

4882013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:46 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
dennycrane wrote:No. If it were up to me, I would investigate but I would not pay a ridiculous price to get him.

I could handle Jay-bo being here next year, as long as we're not giving away the moon for him. it all depends whether they're keeping gonchar or not.

as far as the level of goaltending? I dunno man, Lehner is the real deal, i won't be surprised in the least if he gets better and better.

J-Bo plays the left side and shoots left, and yes, those are definitely factors worth considering.

We're stacked on the left side as it is -- Methot, Cowen, Phillips, and Wiercioch, with Boro chomping at the bit. I don't see any room on this team for JBo now or long term.

4892013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:20 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

J-Bo plays the left side and shoots left, and yes, those are definitely factors worth considering.

We're stacked on the left side as it is -- Methot, Cowen, Phillips, and Wiercioch, with Boro chomping at the bit. I don't see any room on this team for JBo now or long term.

Agreed. This is one reason why I like the idea of Verbeek in the stands at the last Sens game. I think Salo is one player who might get moved off that roster, and he'd fit in here very nicely.

4902013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:33 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Agreed. This is one reason why I like the idea of Verbeek in the stands at the last Sens game. I think Salo is one player who might get moved off that roster, and he'd fit in here very nicely.

Well he did fit in here nicely a long time ago lol.

The most injury prone player in NHL history though.

4912013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

He's played the right side for a while now in Calgary - but that still doesn't make him an attractive target IMO. Soft as tissue, can't win a thing, gets paid an ungodly sum. Pass.

4922013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

Well he did fit in here nicely a long time ago lol.

The most injury prone player in NHL history though.
Oh man. Always injured. Hell of a slapper tho.

4932013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:32 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:Twiiter is saying there's a bunch of TB scouts in attendance tonight. Even Asst GM Pat Verbeek is here so maybe something brewing between us and TB. They've been scouting each other a lot lately.

Martin St. Louis, obviously.

Sarcasm

I've seen media reports of St. Louis being available...

4942013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've seen the opposite:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/29/nhl-notes-yzerman-takes-st-louis-off-the-market

4952013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:08 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I've seen the opposite:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/29/nhl-notes-yzerman-takes-st-louis-off-the-market

Which confirms my post. Beer

4962013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:23 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:Twiiter is saying there's a bunch of TB scouts in attendance tonight. Even Asst GM Pat Verbeek is here so maybe something brewing between us and TB. They've been scouting each other a lot lately.

Sarcasm

Surely something like Bishop + Stone + 1st is a conversation starter, anyway. That's a LOT of youth to give up, I know, but St. Louis looks like a guy who will play his game for another 3-4 years, min.

4972013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:27 am

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Sarcasm

Surely something like Bishop + Stone + 1st is a conversation starter, anyway. That's a LOT of youth to give up, I know, but St. Louis looks like a guy who will play his game for another 3-4 years, min.

Way too much in my opinion. Iginla, who is younger and better didn't fetch that. I realize that the goaltender market isn't good but still, that package is hands down better than what Calgary got for Iginla. Besides, this type of deal isn't Murray's style. We'll probably bring in an older vet in exchange for a late pick going by Murray's history.

4982013 Trade Deadline - Page 33 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:32 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Sarcasm

Way too much in my opinion. Iginla, who is younger and better didn't fetch that. I realize that the goaltender market isn't good but still, that package is hands down better than what Calgary got for Iginla. Besides, this type of deal isn't Murray's style. We'll probably bring in an older vet in exchange for a late pick going by Murray's history.

I don't disagree with any of that, tbh. I'm just saying we have a lot of pieces with a lot of value that we could use to get St. Louis or a guy like him. Whether we'd make such a move is another question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 48 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum