GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL 2013 Draft

+12
SensHulk
PTFlea
sandysensfan
spader
wprager
Hoags
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

1NHL 2013 Draft Empty NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The entire Draft will take place on Sunday, June 30th in New Jersey. Coverage starts on TSN at 2:30pm, and I believe the draft actually commences at 3pm.

TSN's Draftcentre Page: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/
The NHL's Draft Page: http://www.nhl.com/ice/eventhome.htm?location=/draft/2013

Most mock drafts still show Colorado picking Seth Jones, which they have said they will not do. There may be many surprises in the first round, especially given the abundance of talent available. Ottawa picks at #17, and it's anyone's guess at this point. If there was ever a year to deal your first rounder for a good NHLer, this might be the year. Even a #17 overall pick holds a lot of value this year, so maybe their pick is included in a deal for Bobby Ryan, Ales Hemsky, or other players rumoured to be on the move.

The Hockey News has Ottawa taking Freddy Gauthier at #17, a hulking 6'5", 210lb centre who played in Rimouski last season. He amassed 60 pts in 62 games, and is seen as a draft riser.

2NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:32 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A lot of people talk about Gautheir but I have to think the division the Sens are playing in they will be trying to find a pest/scorer kind of player.  Like I said, I think Hartman is the guy they will be targeting at the 17th spot.  We all know they want more skill up front though.

3NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the Sens will pick Gauthier, Erne, Rychel, Wennberg, Domi, Horvat, Hartman, Morin, Mantha, or Morrissey 

you heard it here first

4NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:57 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wonder if they actually take a look at Mantha... there's a guy that screams bust.

5NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Wonder if they actually take a look at Mantha... there's a guy that screams bust.

I dunno, but they can afford to have a pick bust for a change.  

I just hope we go Canadian.

6NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:08 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

American/Canadian, they both play hard and are basically the same breed now.  Really hoping for Hartman, need that kind of hell to play against player right now.

7NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:08 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not sure I'd want gautier, unless he can develop more offensively he'll project as a defensive 3rd liner.
Where we sit now I think we get lucky we end up with Domi or Shinkaruk, maybe zadorov if they opt for defense.

8NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:15 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Not sure I'd want gautier, unless he can develop more offensively he'll project as a defensive 3rd liner.
Where we sit now I think we get lucky we end up with Domi or Shinkaruk, maybe zadorov if they opt for defense.

We need a defensive beast like him. He'd be Zack Smith's replacement. 

Nobody they get at 17 will help out with immediate scoring needs.

9NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:16 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:American/Canadian, they both play hard and are basically the same breed now.  Really hoping for Hartman, need that kind of hell to play against player right now.

They will go with a bigger guy with this pick and I can't see Hartman being more than Conacher down the road. Don't think he will be hell to play against in the NHL. He isn't an elite skater for a guy his size.

10NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:18 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Do they really need Gautier?  Probably not unless they want to move someone else to the wing but Pageau is going to be the guy they count on to go against top lines and forwards.

11NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:19 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:American/Canadian, they both play hard and are basically the same breed now.  Really hoping for Hartman, need that kind of hell to play against player right now.

They will go with a bigger guy with this pick and I can't see Hartman being more than Conacher down the road. Don't think he will be hell to play against in the NHL. He isn't an elite skater for a guy his size.

He's going to be playing at 200lbs, 205, in and around there.  At 5'10 and throwing that kind of weight even if he's an average skater isn't something to laugh about.

12NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Do they really need Gautier?  Probably not unless they want to move someone else to the wing but Pageau is going to be the guy they count on to go against top lines and forwards.

They don't need anybody at this pick, just go with their best player available. 

as much as I like Pageau I'd rather have a bigger guy go up against the top forwards.

but Murray will go with somebody 6 foot plus here, I have no doubt.

13NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:25 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

He's going to be playing at 200lbs, 205, in and around there.  At 5'10 and throwing that kind of weight even if he's an average skater isn't something to laugh about.

to me, these kind of smaller guys who end up hell to play against in the NHL all come out of the later rounds. The firsts usually bust.

14NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pageau wins battles, knows where to be, and proved he can play the game against the other teams best players.  Size doesn't matter sometimes and Pageau seems to be one of those guys.  He's a complete player.

15NHL 2013 Draft Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

to me, these kind of smaller guys who end up hell to play against in the NHL all come out of the later rounds. The firsts usually bust.

Not sure if they bust but the expectations are always way too high.  You can find some guys with grind in the later rounds for sure but how many can actually play the game?  Either way, my guess is Hartman but I'm never right at the draft so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum