GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 Trade Deadline

+15
SensHulk
Ev
Oglethorpe
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
rooneypoo
spader
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Hoags
NEELY
tim1_2
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 49 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 64]

4962013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:23 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:Twiiter is saying there's a bunch of TB scouts in attendance tonight. Even Asst GM Pat Verbeek is here so maybe something brewing between us and TB. They've been scouting each other a lot lately.

Martin St. Louis, obviously.

Sarcasm

I've seen media reports of St. Louis being available...

Surely something like Bishop + Stone + 1st is a conversation starter, anyway. That's a LOT of youth to give up, I know, but St. Louis looks like a guy who will play his game for another 3-4 years, min.

4972013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:27 am

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:Twiiter is saying there's a bunch of TB scouts in attendance tonight. Even Asst GM Pat Verbeek is here so maybe something brewing between us and TB. They've been scouting each other a lot lately.

Sarcasm

Surely something like Bishop + Stone + 1st is a conversation starter, anyway. That's a LOT of youth to give up, I know, but St. Louis looks like a guy who will play his game for another 3-4 years, min.

Way too much in my opinion. Iginla, who is younger and better didn't fetch that. I realize that the goaltender market isn't good but still, that package is hands down better than what Calgary got for Iginla. Besides, this type of deal isn't Murray's style. We'll probably bring in an older vet in exchange for a late pick going by Murray's history.

4982013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:32 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Sarcasm

Way too much in my opinion. Iginla, who is younger and better didn't fetch that. I realize that the goaltender market isn't good but still, that package is hands down better than what Calgary got for Iginla. Besides, this type of deal isn't Murray's style. We'll probably bring in an older vet in exchange for a late pick going by Murray's history.

I don't disagree with any of that, tbh. I'm just saying we have a lot of pieces with a lot of value that we could use to get St. Louis or a guy like him. Whether we'd make such a move is another question.

4992013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

St Louis would look so good here.

5002013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:39 am

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Sarcasm

I don't disagree with any of that, tbh. I'm just saying we have a lot of pieces with a lot of value that we could use to get St. Louis or a guy like him. Whether we'd make such a move is another question.

No question that we've got plenty of assets, but I'm not holding my breath. Murray's deadlines with Ottawa have been flaming turds in terms of excitement. I love a good deadline deal as much as the next guy, but I think Murray is right to stay away from the dance this year. With our injuries, a true cup run just isn't in the cards. I'd rather not get fleeced in order to bring in a difference maker. I can't imagine this deadline being very active with so many teams being within a few points of a playoff spot. I won't skip work/school for this. Laugh1

5012013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:18 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

One guy who would fit with our team like a glove is Pominville -- goal-scoring winger, plays 200-foot game, still quite young, a clear leader, etc. That's a guy you could make a deal for, for the now and the future.

5022013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:31 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Sarcasm

Iginla is a UFA, St. Louis isn't. That alone gets you more. St. Louis is definitely better than Iginla right now, at least offensively.

5032013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:One guy who would fit with our team like a glove is Pominville -- goal-scoring winger, plays 200-foot game, still quite young, a clear leader, etc. That's a guy you could make a deal for, for the now and the future.
I think you're talking about Ceci + Puempel + 1st - and seriously, I think Buffalo could easily balk at Puempel in there, they might want someone like Stone instead.

If you're prepared to pay that (hypothetically), I think you can start the framework of a deal.

I personally think he fits here the best of all 'possibly available' players.

5042013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:One guy who would fit with our team like a glove is Pominville -- goal-scoring winger, plays 200-foot game, still quite young, a clear leader, etc. That's a guy you could make a deal for, for the now and the future.
I think you're talking about Ceci + Puempel + 1st - and seriously, I think Buffalo could easily balk at Puempel in there, they might want someone like Stone instead.

If you're prepared to pay that (hypothetically), I think you can start the framework of a deal.

I'm going on the assumption that, if BUF trades Pominville, then they're blowing it up, meaning that they will be moving Millier and so could be looking for a goalie. So, yeah, something like Bishop + 1st + a prospect like Stone or Puempel. Something like that. That's a pretty good deal for both teams, if BUF is going the rebuilding route.

5052013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:02 pm

Ev wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Sarcasm

Iginla is a UFA, St. Louis isn't. That alone gets you more. St. Louis is definitely better than Iginla right now, at least offensively.

A 35+ contract that carries a $5.625 cap hit until he's 40 isn't a selling point. I'd take Iginla ahead of him. Iginla has produced more, with less, over his time in Calgary. St. Louis didn't break out until he had a strong supporting cast around him in Tampa. Iginla put his numbers playing with literally no-one worth mentioning. The best centre he's ever played with is Craig Cussing Conroy.

There isn't a 37 year in the league worth the package that rooneypoo mentioned (for example), in my opinion. Let's not forget here that St. Louis is picking up assists playing with the league's best goal scorer. Does he do that with Silfverberg et al.? Doubtful.

5062013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:06 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'm going on the assumption that, if BUF trades Pominville, then they're blowing it up, meaning that they will be moving Millier and so could be looking for a goalie. So, yeah, something like Bishop + 1st + a prospect like Stone or Puempel. Something like that. That's a pretty good deal for both teams, if BUF is going the rebuilding route.

Pominville is so expensive partially because he'd be dealt to a division rival. I doubt Regier is interested in making Ottawa any better without having Murray pay through the nose for it.

I agree with SD, though. He'd be a good fit.

5072013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Maybe they'd take Bishop...hard to say. They likely have their eye on a real starter coming back in the Miller trade - or at least someone who can tandem, but if not Bishop/Enroth might be a nice tandem.

If we could give Bishop instead of Ceci, we'd be laughing.

5082013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:11 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Philly gets Huskins...........here comes the Cup!

5092013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:36 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Philly gets Huskins...........here comes the Cup!

Laughing3 Plan the parade. StickmanDancing

5102013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Leopold to st. Louis for picks apparent

5112013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Today and tomorrow might be busy before the actual deadline

5122013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:05 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Leopold to st. Louis for picks apparent

2nd and a conditional 5th. I like that teams don't seem to be overpaying (except for Dallas when they got Cole).

5132013 Trade Deadline - Page 34 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:11 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

TSN & Sportsnet are going to have a hell of a day on TDD.. as a lot of trades have already been done...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 49 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum