GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
spader
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

976NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of it is all just posturing and trying to make the other side blink first. Problem is, we all know which side blinked first last time... so if the players are gonna go down this route, don't expect the owners to blink too soon...

The PA has Donald Fehr at the helm now and there's no Trevor Linden to go around his back so the PA thinks they're not blinking this time around.

977NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:16 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of it is all just posturing and trying to make the other side blink first. Problem is, we all know which side blinked first last time... so if the players are gonna go down this route, don't expect the owners to blink too soon...

The PA has Donald Fehr at the helm now and there's no Trevor Linden to go around his back so the PA thinks they're not blinking this time around.
Heh. It may take longer to blink, but they will blink in the end, mark my words.

978NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Sidney Crosby signs in Europe I'm heading to wherever that is in December.

979NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:If Sidney Crosby signs in Europe I'm heading to wherever that is in December.
Is that your way of saying he ain't going anywhere? What if he signs somewhere in January?

Wink

Ahhhhh!

980NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Mediation won't work... we all know that. Neither side will cave.

The NHLPA needs to have gone through mediation before they decertify...

981NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Crosby moving closer to playing hockey overseas...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/11/27/hockey_hearsay/

It's always been thought that the contract insurance costs would be staggering... and the risks would be tremendous given his concussion history... if he does go overseas, you know the season is done.

I still don't get that. Crosby is one player, not even the best player on his team, anymore. And he'd be back as soon as they were ready to drop the puck. And if he gets injured, overseas, how would that be any different from when he got injured over here? The league survived and had record revenues.
If Crosby suffered a career ending injury while playing overseas - say, a Pronger-like concussion, he could lose the rest of his NHL contract.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408578

So if a player suffers a career ending injury while playing abroad and that player therefore fails to deliver his services, a team could rely on Section 14 to cut him (or terminate his contract). If the team successfully terminates the contract, it wouldn't have to pay out what's left on the player's contract.

For Crosby, that's a LOT of money.

I'm just commenting on the part where you said, if he goes overseas, the season is done. You've said it before. I jut don't see a single player having that much impact.

982NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If Sidney Crosby signs in Europe I'm heading to wherever that is in December.
Is that your way of saying he ain't going anywhere? What if he signs somewhere in January?

Wink

Ahhhhh!

If he signs in Barbados I'm coming too :D Beer

- Unknown Author

983NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:47 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Crosby moving closer to playing hockey overseas...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/11/27/hockey_hearsay/

It's always been thought that the contract insurance costs would be staggering... and the risks would be tremendous given his concussion history... if he does go overseas, you know the season is done.

I still don't get that. Crosby is one player, not even the best player on his team, anymore. And he'd be back as soon as they were ready to drop the puck. And if he gets injured, overseas, how would that be any different from when he got injured over here? The league survived and had record revenues.
If Crosby suffered a career ending injury while playing overseas - say, a Pronger-like concussion, he could lose the rest of his NHL contract.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408578

So if a player suffers a career ending injury while playing abroad and that player therefore fails to deliver his services, a team could rely on Section 14 to cut him (or terminate his contract). If the team successfully terminates the contract, it wouldn't have to pay out what's left on the player's contract.

For Crosby, that's a LOT of money.

I'm just commenting on the part where you said, if he goes overseas, the season is done. You've said it before. I jut don't see a single player having that much impact.

Since The Cros has seemingly been waiting to make that decision in hopes that the NHL season will happen. I suppose having him head to Europe could be seen as confirmation that there won't be a season.

984NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I'm just commenting on the part where you said, if he goes overseas, the season is done. You've said it before. I jut don't see a single player having that much impact.
Well, the only reason I say that is because I think when he does decide to go over, it will only be because the season is totally lost. I don't think he'd go over if he thought there could be a season, albeit quite shortened now. IMO, the prohibitive insurance costs and risk of injury would not be worth it, unless the entire NHL season was scrapped.

985NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:17 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Since The Cros has seemingly been waiting to make that decision in hopes that the NHL season will happen. I suppose having him head to Europe could be seen as confirmation that there won't be a season.

If this mediation is just a sham so the NHLPA can decertify and take this dispute to the courts then yes I could see Crysby wanting to play elsewhere.

986NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:18 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

If this mediation is just a sham so the NHLPA can decertify and take this dispute to the courts then yes I could see Crysby wanting to play elsewhere.

This has all been engineered by Buzz Hargrove and Eric Lindros. Fact.

987NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:20 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
This has all been engineered by Buzz Hargrove and Eric Lindros. Fact.

I think guys like Ian Pulver, Ian Penny, Chelios as well I not to mention Fehr who aspires to be the next Marvin Miller and take on 2 professional leagues in court(and win) while disgusting millions of fans in the process.

988NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Word around twitter last night was that the NHL has a 48-game season worked out to start in Jan.

I guess that's the next wave of deadlines.

Would they go lower than 48-games?

Is January the drop dead month?

989NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Word around twitter last night was that the NHL has a 48-game season worked out to start in Jan.

I'm sure they have several schedules planned in case the lockout ends. They had an 82-game one, I imagine they have a 60 game one etc.

990NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Word around twitter last night was that the NHL has a 48-game season worked out to start in Jan.

I strongly doubt it.

991NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:

I'm sure they have several schedules planned in case the lockout ends. They had an 82-game one, I imagine they have a 60 game one etc.
Yeah, no doubt they run scenarios for each time frame... 48-games has got to be close to the bottom limit for a real season.

992NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeBrun: Today's mediation session with NHL and NHLPA is slated to start at 1 pm ET

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/273787504237375488

993NHL CBA Talk - Page 66 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Heh. It may take longer to blink, but they will blink in the end, mark my words.

They might have to get shot down in court before that happens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum