GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are the Sens done making moves?

+12
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
Riprock
spader
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

31Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tim Murray says with #Sens prospect depth, they can afford to lose 2 prospects for an established NHLer

Ahhhhh!

32Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Semin on a one-year deal I would do. Guy is too streaky and poor defensively.

At this point I think we have to look at the trade market. Too many players in the system right now. I'd say untouchables are Spezza, Alfie, Karlsson, Turris.

33Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:46 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Semin on a one-year deal I would do. Guy is too streaky and poor defensively.

At this point I think we have to look at the trade market. Too many players in the system right now. I'd say untouchables are Spezza, Alfie, Karlsson, Turris.

I think Semin's +/- is third only to Chara and Weber (or someone). I read that yesterday.

34Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Semin will get a multi-year contract, he's not getting a 1-year deal.

Just watch.

35Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Semin will get a multi-year contract, he's not getting a 1-year deal.

Just watch.

2 year, 13 million? With us?

36Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
Riprock wrote:But that won't help them reach the cap.

True. I just meant to deal with the overload on contracts. They'll have to do something to the big club to reach the floor. Another possibility is that this talk of the floor shifting down before the season starts is actually true and they know it.

There's still lots of FA to go. I'm sure the capgeek Sens page will be updated before the start of the season (whenever that may be).

I'm telling you, they're gonna buy out Alfie and renegotiate a 2 year, 10 million dollar contract.

You can't buy out a player and then re-sign him right after, he has to play at least a season with another team.

So that being said, I'll bet you a 2-4 you're wrong, haha.

That's exactly what they did last time. You can't waive a player and then re-sing him.

37Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe we could get Tim Thomas from the Bruins for future considerations.

38Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Tim Murray says with #Sens prospect depth, they can afford to lose 2 prospects for an established NHLer

Ahhhhh!

And that's what Wally's been saying.

Ducks say they want a #2 C for Ryan, we are out on Nash. It'll probably be a lesser talked about guy.

Pierre-Marc Bouchard? Huselius? Umberger?

39Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Maybe we could get Tim Thomas from the Bruins for future considerations.

Depends how desperate they (Bruins) are to move him and his cap. Get them to package a pick and it's a deal.

Thomas + 2nd for ??? and ???

40Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Tim Murray says with #Sens prospect depth, they can afford to lose 2 prospects for an established NHLer

Ahhhhh!

And that's what Wally's been saying.

Ducks say they want a #2 C for Ryan, we are out on Nash. It'll probably be a lesser talked about guy.

Pierre-Marc Bouchard? Huselius? Umberger?

Huselius is a UFA. I think he might be done, but who knows.

41Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:19 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe Butler + for some Minny scrub making too much money? They may need to give themselves some brething room from the cap.

42Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nevermind him then, you are right, I didn't know that. Probably right about retirement, due to injuries. Or at least done in NHL and back to Sweden for one last hurrah?

I'd look for maybe a team that is in on Nash that has a guy that Columbus maybe doesn't want due to contract, and maybe he gets dealt to a 3rd team.

43Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:Maybe Butler + for some Minny scrub making too much money? They may need to give themselves some brething room from the cap.

Yeah then it would probably be PMB. $4.08M and UFA next year.

Huge injury concerns, but 22pts in 37 games last season and 38 in 59 the year before.

44Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've always really like Bouchard. I year left @ 4 million. RW, might be a nice fit.

45Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I've always really like Bouchard. I year left @ 4 million. RW, might be a nice fit.

Higher paid, smaller version of Latendresse IMO.

46Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I've always really like Bouchard. I year left @ 4 million. RW, might be a nice fit.

Higher paid, smaller version of Latendresse IMO.

So...we could have both of them for around 5 million dollars? I bet one of them works out - and they both expire at the end of the year.

47Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:47 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

So between Latendresse and Bouchard we might get a whole year out of them? Not bad at all I guess considering the budget and the alternatives. I don't know if they would just dump him though.

48Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:53 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I like him too. Consistent 50-60 point guy. He's been injured so much over the last three years, though. He's missed 149 games over that span. But he did have four healthy seasons in a row prior to that. Shrug

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum