GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are the Sens done making moves?

+12
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
Riprock
spader
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

16Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll be on the TEAM in 8 minutes to discuss this.

17Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:18 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:But that won't help them reach the cap.

True. I just meant to deal with the overload on contracts. They'll have to do something to the big club to reach the floor. Another possibility is that this talk of the floor shifting down before the season starts is actually true and they know it.

There's still lots of FA to go. I'm sure the capgeek Sens page will be updated before the start of the season (whenever that may be).

18Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:20 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

True. I just meant to deal with the overload on contracts. They'll have to do something to the big club to reach the floor. Another possibility is that this talk of the floor shifting down before the season starts is actually true and they know it.

There's still lots of FA to go. I'm sure the capgeek Sens page will be updated before the start of the season (whenever that may be).

I'm telling you, they're gonna buy out Alfie and renegotiate a 2 year, 10 million dollar contract.

19Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:22 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

I'm telling you, they're gonna buy out Alfie and renegotiate a 2 year, 10 million dollar contract.

You can't buy out a player and then re-sign him right after, he has to play at least a season with another team.

So that being said, I'll bet you a 2-4 you're wrong, haha.

20Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

You can't buy out a player and then re-sign him right after, he has to play at least a season with another team.

Wait...what? We bought out Alfie once already and re-signed him, what do you mean?

21Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:27 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Wait...what? We bought out Alfie once already and re-signed him, what do you mean?

That was different and it was the last time a team was able to do that. His contract was weird. It had something to do with his option years, which were eliminated in the current (now expired) CBA.

22Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:28 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Alfie could also retire and sign a new contract.

Too many forwards on one-ways and too many prospects pushing for spots this year and next year. We're certainly not done. I'm hoping we enter the Bobby Ryan sweepstakes personally.

23Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'll say this and I am not in favour of it but I don't think it's a stretch Murray goes out and tries to land Semin. Everyone keeps saying no more Russians but he keeps bringing them in.

24Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:30 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They could also make a play for Scott Gomez Leftie

25Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:31 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Alfie could also retire and sign a new contract.

Too many forwards on one-ways and too many prospects pushing for spots this year and next year. We're certainly not done. I'm hoping we enter the Bobby Ryan sweepstakes personally.

I don't think that's true. At least, both his new contract and the old one would count against the cap. Or is that what you're suggesting? He can retire, then take a one-year at like $1.75M to bring us to the floor?

26Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate
@SpezDispenser They aren't done. Everyone was waiting for Parise/Suter to drop. They still have some depth stuff to do

I don't want more depth. I want someone cool. :crossarms:

Ah, you want shallowness.

27Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I'll say this and I am not in favour of it but I don't think it's a stretch Murray goes out and tries to land Semin. Everyone keeps saying no more Russians but he keeps bringing them in.

50 goal scorer with Spezza

28Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:37 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Alfie could also retire and sign a new contract.

I don't think that's true. At least, both his new contract and the old one would count against the cap. Or is that what you're suggesting? He can retire, then take a one-year at like $1.75M to bring us to the floor?

That would be interesting as heck, I feel like the NHL would have a problem with it though.

29Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:

A lower floor might be one outcome. I know that would be good news for a few teams.

Teams forced to spend that can't afford it receive bail out money from the other teams and the NHL, so that would be another bonus for the richer NHL teams, not having to help out the poor teams.

Another point is that the teams that have to reach the floor overpay players just to reach it, and that effects market value.

there's a good article here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/dont-count-on-there-being-an-nhl-season-next-year/article4365729/?

30Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:I'll say this and I am not in favour of it but I don't think it's a stretch Murray goes out and tries to land Semin. Everyone keeps saying no more Russians but he keeps bringing them in.

A lot of people are saying that. Doesn't cost you an asset, he could score 35/40 with Spezza. He's been called out BADLY by Crawford and McGuire and might have some motivation. I'd hate to get stuck with another piece of Dung like Kovalev though...

31Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tim Murray says with #Sens prospect depth, they can afford to lose 2 prospects for an established NHLer

Ahhhhh!

32Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Semin on a one-year deal I would do. Guy is too streaky and poor defensively.

At this point I think we have to look at the trade market. Too many players in the system right now. I'd say untouchables are Spezza, Alfie, Karlsson, Turris.

33Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Semin on a one-year deal I would do. Guy is too streaky and poor defensively.

At this point I think we have to look at the trade market. Too many players in the system right now. I'd say untouchables are Spezza, Alfie, Karlsson, Turris.

I think Semin's +/- is third only to Chara and Weber (or someone). I read that yesterday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum