GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are the Sens done making moves?

+12
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
Riprock
spader
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Will they stand pat, or will they try to add another big piece? Or will it be a tiny piece?

Thoughts?

2Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:41 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nope. Too many contracts, not enough salary.

Also, the Sens at this point may have too many forward prospects. IMO they have probably made judgements on some of them and would be willing to trade. Zibanejad is probably one of them.

3Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate
@SpezDispenser They aren't done. Everyone was waiting for Parise/Suter to drop. They still have some depth stuff to do

I don't want more depth. I want someone cool. :crossarms:

4Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Nope. Too many contracts, not enough salary.

Also, the Sens at this point may have too many forward prospects. IMO they have probably made judgements on some of them and would be willing to trade. Zibanejad is probably one of them.

I really believe that as well. I don't think we're done personally.

A buddy of mine said he thought they'd circumvent the cap. That is, buy out Alfie and sign him to a 2 year, 10 million dollar contract, where if he retires, they get the money back, but the cap hit remains.

5Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate
@SpezDispenser They aren't done. Everyone was waiting for Parise/Suter to drop. They still have some depth stuff to do

Why do you keep following bogus accounts?

6Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:56 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not sure where they need depth... They have more then enough. If it's one thing they are missing it's either a big winger or a big time D man. The winger is the most likely option.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan, Nash, Havlat, or even Hemsky in a Sens uni to start the year. Not saying whether or not I like these guys but that's the kind of move that makes sense.

7Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:

I like that guy, I actually think he's one of the very few who has some contacts.

8Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:02 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:

Some are funny. I follow NHLSourcesSay just to make fun of the guy.

9Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

haha yeah I saw that.

10Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:10 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I think we'll see something like Daugavins/Condra/JOB + Butler for an overpaid 3rd line winger

11Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:13 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:I think we'll see something like Daugavins/Condra/JOB + Butler for an overpaid 3rd line winger

Something'll be done. They may even just make a two-for-one AHL move to upgrade a spot. Who knows? Shrug

12Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

But that won't help them reach the cap.

13Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll be on the TEAM in 8 minutes to discuss this.

14Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:18 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:But that won't help them reach the cap.

True. I just meant to deal with the overload on contracts. They'll have to do something to the big club to reach the floor. Another possibility is that this talk of the floor shifting down before the season starts is actually true and they know it.

There's still lots of FA to go. I'm sure the capgeek Sens page will be updated before the start of the season (whenever that may be).

15Are the Sens done making moves? Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Riprock wrote:But that won't help them reach the cap.

True. I just meant to deal with the overload on contracts. They'll have to do something to the big club to reach the floor. Another possibility is that this talk of the floor shifting down before the season starts is actually true and they know it.

There's still lots of FA to go. I'm sure the capgeek Sens page will be updated before the start of the season (whenever that may be).

I'm telling you, they're gonna buy out Alfie and renegotiate a 2 year, 10 million dollar contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum