GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

making room for briere: players on waivers...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Flyers have cleared cap space for Briere by putting Metropolit and Ossi Van on waivers...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:The Flyers have cleared cap space for Briere by putting Metropolit and Ossi Van on waivers...

I believe some Philadelphia fans were using him as trade bait last week. Oh how the times change.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sportsnet says they still need to clear $2.5 million to make room, so at least one more move to come. Suckers.

That summer might be the worst free agent frenzy yet. So many overpaid players came out of '07's July 1st....

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:That summer might be the worst free agent frenzy yet. So many overpaid players came out of '07's July 1st....

Might not be so bad for us though, at the very least we know it's one less team that will be able to sign Bouwmeester this summer.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
cash wrote:That summer might be the worst free agent frenzy yet. So many overpaid players came out of '07's July 1st....

Might not be so bad for us though, at the very least we know it's one less team that will be able to sign Bouwmeester this summer.

oh 9i don't know. never underestimate a teams capacity to shift, trade and make stupid moves.

i'm really wondering, maybe this is foolish but i'd kill to have Jay Bo in ottawa. maybe i think to highly of him but is it ridiculous to think he might sign in ottawa next year?
he might want cuz we're not in the western conference and we're in canada. i remember hearing that was 2 things important to hom(well not canada necessarely, but a big market)
it would deffinetely be one important piece of the puzzle thowards getting back to the top.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

oh 9i don't know. never underestimate a teams capacity to shift, trade and make stupid moves.

i'm really wondering, maybe this is foolish but i'd kill to have Jay Bo in ottawa. maybe i think to highly of him but is it ridiculous to think he might sign in ottawa next year?
he might want cuz we're not in the western conference and we're in canada. i remember hearing that was 2 things important to hom(well not canada necessarely, but a big market)
it would deffinetely be one important piece of the puzzle thowards getting back to the top.

If I get some time this weekend, I'm going to work on a chart with the likeliness of key players signing there with explanations and cap numbers. Going over a preliminary look at the NHL teams' cap numbers, Bouwmeester in Ottawa isn't a far off idea at all...as a matter of fact, it's probably closer than most people might think.

How is that? Why would he sign here? THAT part of it makes little-to-no sense. If the J.Spezz angle is what you plan on coming back with, don't bother (with all due respect)...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

If I get some time this weekend, I'm going to work on a chart with the likeliness of key players signing there with explanations and cap numbers. Going over a preliminary look at the NHL teams' cap numbers, Bouwmeester in Ottawa isn't a far off idea at all...as a matter of fact, it's probably closer than most people might think.

that'd be fun, do it please.

money wise i did the calculous and of course we could make it work. it's weather he wants to join the organisation. i just hope we don't become like montreal was for years, nobody wanted to touch that bag of poop.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum