GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are the Sens done making moves?

+12
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
Riprock
spader
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

166Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Latendresse in for Foligno. Methot in for losses of Carkner and Kuba.

And clearly the Sens are reserving spots for AHL grads. So they have to replace their losses in Bingo.

Still need a goalie though. Only got 3 right now.

Called it.

167Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:16 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:
Riprock wrote:Latendresse in for Foligno. Methot in for losses of Carkner and Kuba.

And clearly the Sens are reserving spots for AHL grads. So they have to replace their losses in Bingo.

Still need a goalie though. Only got 3 right now.

Called it.

That's like calling the signing of a coach when a team doesn't have one. Obviously.

168Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Call this then:

The Sens officially have too many contracts if they re-sign O'Brien, Da Costa, Gryba and Daugavins.

And they're playing a dangerous game with arbitration for Daugavins.

Who's moving - and when? And for what?

EDIT: I take it back, according to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_salary_cap#Contracts_and_contract_limits

Any player who hasn't played 11 NHL games and is sent back to their major junior team (Puempel, Noesen, Ceci) don't count towards the 50 contracts, so we're good.

169Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

OUT: Daug, Gryba.

170Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:OUT: Daug, Gryba.

Why would we not sign Gryba?

171Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just a prediction. Already have these guys in Binghamton: Wideman, Blood, Wiercioch, Benoit, Eckford, Claesson

172Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:56 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:OUT: Daug, Gryba.

Why would we not sign Gryba?

I wouldn't be surprised if they let him walk as well. I would take Wideman over him right now.

173Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Just a prediction. Already have these guys in Binghamton: Wideman, Blood, Wiercioch, Benoit, Eckford, Claesson

I suppose. No harm in having depth right there at your disposal though, especially for Richardson who knows how to direct D-men (I hope). I would imagine it'll be a battle between Claesson and Blood or Wideman for the final spot.

We'll see, I'll say that I'm less confident that Gryba's a part of this organization after the Eckford signing than I was before.

174Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:10 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Gryba just might not be a good enough skater to be in the NHL... not really sure what they will do with him. If he wants a 1 way deal or something else from the organization they may just wash their hands.

I'm a big Wideman fan and the way he plays the game, same with Claeson. That's 2 spots on the blueline for younger guys that probably have higher upside. Sucks for Gryba.

175Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

While I agree Gryba might be pushed out, I found his skating to be above average when I watched him last year (20 ish times). In some instances I found his skating really good actually. His timing is still off in trying to land the big hits, but I like the way he plays the rough and rugged style. Perhaps he's been usurped by guys like Boroweicki and Blood, but I'd keep him for depth for sure.

Unless he wants a 1 way, then it's over obviously.

176Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 12 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:20 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Maybe, could be right. I think the case could be made that his window was opened at the end of the season in 10/11 but he was injured... his window could have shut just as quickly. I really don't know where he is in the overall picture on the blueline but it's looking pretty crowded at this point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum