GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are the Sens done making moves?

+12
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
Riprock
spader
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

151Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:36 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Well they need to replace the players they lost in Bing either to FA or to NHL promotions, as well as improve their roster.

They don't seem too anxious to do either.

152Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

The reality that they signed players says otherwise.

153Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:The reality that they signed players says otherwise.

Name one player. And AHLers and quasi-NHLers like Lundin don't count.

154Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:41 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Latendresse in for Foligno. Methot in for losses of Carkner and Kuba.

And clearly the Sens are reserving spots for AHL grads. So they have to replace their losses in Bingo.

Still need a goalie though. Only got 3 right now.

155Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:44 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Latendresse in for Foligno. Methot in for losses of Carkner and Kuba.

And clearly the Sens are reserving spots for AHL grads. So they have to replace their losses in Bingo.

Coach Stirls will strap on the pads in a pinch. No way Melnyk spends money on some fancy back up AHL goaler.

156Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:48 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They can easily sign a career AHL goalie. Or sign an undrafted CHLer, or go to Europe.

157Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:50 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:They can easily sign a career AHL goalie. Or sign an undrafted CHLer, or go to Europe.

That costs money. Stirls is free.

158Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You need a good team guy behind Lehner now, not a guy that wants to make it to the NHL. A guy that will be happy collecting a pay cheque in the AHL, that's it.

Time to see what Lehner can do with the #1 job.

159Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That means Bishop is your backup to Anderson.

160Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:07 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:That means Bishop is your backup to Anderson.

Is there a lot of doubt about this?

161Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Well they need to replace the players they lost in Bing either to FA or to NHL promotions, as well as improve their roster.

they're pretty much done for Binghamton. Every spot is filled except Steve Stirling's back-up spot.

162Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

They don't seem too anxious to do either.

46 contracts and 4 RFAs (excluding Filatov) to re-sign. Bingo needs a backup but will probably go with an AHL-only contract for that.

163Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:Latendresse in for Foligno. Methot in for losses of Carkner and Kuba.

Coach Stirls will strap on the pads in a pinch. No way Melnyk spends money on some fancy back up AHL goaler.

Stirls is not allowed after his heart attack. They probably have Matt Spezza on speed dial, though. I have Emery's old practice jersey still hanging unused in my closet -- stretch that across the front of the goal and block everything. I'll let it go for the AHL minimum salary.

164Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

There was when we were still aiming for Nash.

165Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

There was when we were still aiming for Nash.

The Nasher?!?!?!? Any updates?

166Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Called it.

167Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:16 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:

Called it.

That's like calling the signing of a coach when a team doesn't have one. Obviously.

168Are the Sens done making moves? - Page 11 Empty Re: Are the Sens done making moves? Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Call this then:

The Sens officially have too many contracts if they re-sign O'Brien, Da Costa, Gryba and Daugavins.

And they're playing a dangerous game with arbitration for Daugavins.

Who's moving - and when? And for what?

EDIT: I take it back, according to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_salary_cap#Contracts_and_contract_limits

Any player who hasn't played 11 NHL games and is sent back to their major junior team (Puempel, Noesen, Ceci) don't count towards the 50 contracts, so we're good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum