GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

+26
beerandsens
Vandelay
stempniaksen
Oglethorpe
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
dennycrane
Jordo
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
shabbs
PTFlea
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Sens vs. Rangers

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_lcap238%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 9 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_lcap217%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_lcap213%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 3 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_lcap224%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Per Joy Lindasy (@PSBJoyOnTheSens):

#Sens Coach MacLean calls Bobby Butler and Zenon Konopka "the perfect example of what a team is." #BSens

#Sens Coach MacLean: "You can't get frustrated at this time of year. Frustration is a useless emotion."
----
On a sidenote, Joy automatically becomes the best reporter covering the Sens since Bingo's season ended and she came up to Ottawa. Best call-up Ottawa made all year.

The 2nd tweet about frustration is 100% true. And it's what we all feel at times when watching the games.

I got very frustrated down 2-0 in the first, so that would apply to me for sure.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Don't think Butler makes it to training camp next year despite being very, very good in the playoffs so far. If the Rangers were better offensively I doubt we would be talking much about him.

I don't think he will either. Not sure about Daugavins, but there's not a lot of room for him unfortunately.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:One more year for The Gonch. I can stomach that. I think. Ask me again this time next year.

So, like, what we do next year with the young guys coming in? AHL for all. I want the exact same roster please. And yes, that includes resigning Carkner, Konoka, and Jimmy OB.

Uh...even Silfverberg?

He can have The Alfie's spot, should The Alfie opt for retirement...and only if The Alfie deems it acceptable.

In all seriousness, I think Neely pretty much has it right. But I didn't mean to start a discussion about next year...that's a long time from now. For now, I am focussed on Saturday night.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:

#Sens Coach MacLean calls Bobby Butler and Zenon Konopka "the perfect example of what a team is." #BSens

#Sens Coach MacLean: "You can't get frustrated at this time of year. Frustration is a useless emotion."
----
On a sidenote, Joy automatically becomes the best reporter covering the Sens since Bingo's season ended and she came up to Ottawa. Best call-up Ottawa made all year.

The 2nd tweet about frustration is 100% true. And it's what we all feel at times when watching the games.

I got very frustrated down 2-0 in the first, so that would apply to me for sure.

Well it was frustrating, very frustrating. Kinda scary actually that they would come out like they did. Thankfully they turned it around, otherwise we would obviously be singing a different tune right now.

Man, remember that saved goal right before Michalek scored? That would've surely buried us.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Also quite impressed with Cowen, he really played a strong game, nice hits, nice reads. Same with Gonchar - who I thought was playing very average up until now.

I recall last night a few times when you told him he could go now. Laugh1 He did pick it up though for sure. He was definitely less than average before last night.
During the course of a single game, SpezD has traded and re-acquired his entire team... in his mind... if he was the GM...

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

----

Well it was frustrating, very frustrating. Kinda scary actually that they would come out like they did. Thankfully they turned it around, otherwise we would obviously be singing a different tune right now.

Man, remember that saved goal right before Michalek scored? That would've surely buried us.

By Winchester you mean? I can't recall exactly unless it's that one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Also quite impressed with Cowen, he really played a strong game, nice hits, nice reads. Same with Gonchar - who I thought was playing very average up until now.

I recall last night a few times when you told him he could go now. Laugh1 He did pick it up though for sure. He was definitely less than average before last night.
During the course of a single game, SpezD has traded and re-acquired his entire team... in his mind... if he was the GM...

Wink

I traded Gonchar in my mind for sure, then I picked him back up on waivers. Smile

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:One more year for The Gonch. I can stomach that. I think. Ask me again this time next year.

So, like, what we do next year with the young guys coming in? AHL for all. I want the exact same roster please. And yes, that includes resigning Carkner, Konoka, and Jimmy OB.

Next years roster will probably look like this.

Alfi/Spezza/Michalek
Silfverberg/Turris/Foligno
Zibanejad/Smith/Neil
Winchester/O'Brien/Greening
Konopka/Condra

Phillips/Carkner
Kuba/Karlsson
Gonchar/Cowen
Boroweicki

Anderson
Bishop

I think one of those two will make it out of camp, with the other pushing his way onto the team throughout the year. And for that reason, Butler will hang around.

But otherwise, yeah.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Uh...even Silfverberg?

He can have The Alfie's spot, should The Alfie opt for retirement...and only if The Alfie deems it acceptable.

In all seriousness, I think Neely pretty much has it right. But I didn't mean to start a discussion about next year...that's a long time from now. For now, I am focussed on Saturday night.

It's never a bad time to look at things though, there are obviously too many players vying for spots. It'll get interesting.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Don't think Butler makes it to training camp next year despite being very, very good in the playoffs so far. If the Rangers were better offensively I doubt we would be talking much about him.

I don't think he will either. Not sure about Daugavins, but there's not a lot of room for him unfortunately.

Yeah, he seems to be getting pushed out of the lineup, he has been since the last part of the season. I personally didn't understand it and still don't at times but we have to go with the winning formula of course. If it weren't the playoffs he'd still have his spot where Konopka is right now. Thankfully Konopka has really upped his game in the playoffs, I thought he would be detrimental but he's been great.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

----

That's significant praise for a guy who, for most of the year, looked & sounded like he was sulking & a bit high on himself.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

----

By Winchester you mean? I can't recall exactly unless it's that one.

Yep, that's the one. Game saver.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yeah, he seems to be getting pushed out of the lineup, he has been since the last part of the season. I personally didn't understand it and still don't at times but we have to go with the winning formula of course. If it weren't the playoffs he'd still have his spot where Konopka is right now. Thankfully Konopka has really upped his game in the playoffs, I thought he would be detrimental but he's been great.

Oh yeah, Konopka has proved his worth big time. Same with Carkner - those two should be slam dunks to be offered contracts.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Wink

Yep, that's SD for ya! Quite amusing stuff actually. Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Wink

Yep, that's SD for ya! Quite amusing stuff actually. Laugh1

Again, only one guy was out - Gonchar.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Wink

I traded Gonchar in my mind for sure, then I picked him back up on waivers. Smile

Laughing3 Priceless.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Oh yeah, Konopka has proved his worth big time. Same with Carkner - those two should be slam dunks to be offered contracts.

Really, you think Konopka is a slam dunk? He warmed the bench all season...Carkner however is a slam dunk.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Really, you think Konopka is a slam dunk? He warmed the bench all season...Carkner however is a slam dunk.

I really think he's a slam dunk, yeah. He warmed the bench the regular season, then when called upon in the playoffs he's won faceoffs, provided good support on the 4th line, been good for quotes to the media. Everything you could ask for. Re-sign please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum