GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

+26
beerandsens
Vandelay
stempniaksen
Oglethorpe
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
dennycrane
Jordo
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
shabbs
PTFlea
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Sens vs. Rangers

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_lcap238%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 9 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_lcap217%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_lcap213%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 3 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_lcap224%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 65 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Also quite impressed with Cowen, he really played a strong game, nice hits, nice reads. Same with Gonchar - who I thought was playing very average up until now.

I recall last night a few times when you told him he could go now. Laugh1 He did pick it up though for sure. He was definitely less than average before last night.
During the course of a single game, SpezD has traded and re-acquired his entire team... in his mind... if he was the GM...

Wink

I traded Gonchar in my mind for sure, then I picked him back up on waivers. Smile

Laughing3 Priceless.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Don't think Butler makes it to training camp next year despite being very, very good in the playoffs so far. If the Rangers were better offensively I doubt we would be talking much about him.

I don't think he will either. Not sure about Daugavins, but there's not a lot of room for him unfortunately.

Yeah, he seems to be getting pushed out of the lineup, he has been since the last part of the season. I personally didn't understand it and still don't at times but we have to go with the winning formula of course. If it weren't the playoffs he'd still have his spot where Konopka is right now. Thankfully Konopka has really upped his game in the playoffs, I thought he would be detrimental but he's been great.

Oh yeah, Konopka has proved his worth big time. Same with Carkner - those two should be slam dunks to be offered contracts.

Really, you think Konopka is a slam dunk? He warmed the bench all season...Carkner however is a slam dunk.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Don't think Butler makes it to training camp next year despite being very, very good in the playoffs so far. If the Rangers were better offensively I doubt we would be talking much about him.

I don't think he will either. Not sure about Daugavins, but there's not a lot of room for him unfortunately.

Yeah, he seems to be getting pushed out of the lineup, he has been since the last part of the season. I personally didn't understand it and still don't at times but we have to go with the winning formula of course. If it weren't the playoffs he'd still have his spot where Konopka is right now. Thankfully Konopka has really upped his game in the playoffs, I thought he would be detrimental but he's been great.

Oh yeah, Konopka has proved his worth big time. Same with Carkner - those two should be slam dunks to be offered contracts.

Really, you think Konopka is a slam dunk? He warmed the bench all season...Carkner however is a slam dunk.

I really think he's a slam dunk, yeah. He warmed the bench the regular season, then when called upon in the playoffs he's won faceoffs, provided good support on the 4th line, been good for quotes to the media. Everything you could ask for. Re-sign please.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Also quite impressed with Cowen, he really played a strong game, nice hits, nice reads. Same with Gonchar - who I thought was playing very average up until now.

I recall last night a few times when you told him he could go now. Laugh1 He did pick it up though for sure. He was definitely less than average before last night.
During the course of a single game, SpezD has traded and re-acquired his entire team... in his mind... if he was the GM...

Wink

Yep, that's SD for ya! Quite amusing stuff actually. Laugh1

Again, only one guy was out - Gonchar.

NOTHappy

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
Man, remember that saved goal right before Michalek scored? That would've surely buried us.

Yep...Winchester, if memory serves me correctly, pulled it out of harms way.

Really, the reason we are in this series is because EVERYBODY is contributing. I can litereally remember key plays in this series involving pretty much everybody on our roster.

Winchester is day-to-day...Maybe to be replaced by The Alfie...if not...who? Does K-Daug get another shot?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I really think he's a slam dunk, yeah. He warmed the bench the regular season, then when called upon in the playoffs he's won faceoffs, provided good support on the 4th line, been good for quotes to the media. Everything you could ask for. Re-sign please.

Fair enough. It's a good thing he isn't rusty, he's definitely been really good (in the playoffs). Hasn't taken any stupid penalties à la Foligno.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Man, remember that saved goal right before Michalek scored? That would've surely buried us.

Really, the reason we are in this series is because EVERYBODY is contributing. I can litereally remember key plays in this series involving pretty much everybody on our roster.

Winchester is day-to-day...Maybe to be replaced by The Alfie...if not...who? Does K-Daug get another shot?

I guess him or Hoffman...not sure I'd throw Hoffman to the wolves just yet but who knows what MacLean is thinking...I'm not sure I'd put Klinkhammer in either at this point. I hope Winchester is back, much more comfortable with him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

I would assume it'll be Daug, yeah.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Hopefully Alfi is ready to go because if he is that should be a HUGE boost to the Sens.

The Hoff has been sent back to the Black Aces, so that bodes well for His Alfiness returning?

P.S. How do you get sent back to a virtual team/organization?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

On Konopka, him and Carkner are two prototypical team guys. They contribute whether they actually slot into games or not. They both keep guys working hard in practice, and keep the mood light. And when the Dung hits the fan, they never back down. Either guy can play on my team any time.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pretty much that right above me.

Team guys that can do the job they are asked and do it WELL are hard to find. Ottawa has 3 or 4 guys like that right now. Konopka and Carkner should be resigned ASAP (or when the season is over).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Hopefully Alfi is ready to go because if he is that should be a HUGE boost to the Sens.

The Hoff has been sent back to the Black Aces, so that bodes well for His Alfiness returning?

Didn't understand that either to be honest.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Whuh? scratch

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Whuh? scratch

Apparently Mike Hoffman's locker in the dressing room was cleared out and he was sent back to join the Black Aces. I guess the Black Aces stay in the Sensplex to practice and don't join the team for practice or activities.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

All this means is that 3 of the following 4 guys will be in the lineup on Saturday:

The Alfie, Winchester, Butler, Daugavins.

I imagine "sending" the Hoff back just means they don't have to pay him his NHL salary...and they cleared out his stall.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Pretty much that right above me.

Team guys that can do the job they are asked and do it WELL are hard to find. Ottawa has 3 or 4 guys like that right now. Konopka and Carkner should be resigned ASAP (or when the season is over).

Both of them have been impressive. Carkner was a little bit behind where he needed to be when he came back after his injury, but they're both perfect role players.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Konopka has been very impressive, him and Neil are playing with pure heart out there. Ditto for Carkner, I was on the smell ya later carks bandwagon but am coming around....slowly. I posted a video of Konopka basically clowning around with the teammates (him and foligno) basically to show why he's still such an asset to have on the team and got shut down with 'any jackass can do that' lol.

I thought Kuba and Spezza were the worst senators out there yesterday though.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Kuba had a real bad first for sure and Spezza has been awful all series. At this point it doesn't matter though, he needs ONE good game and if he can do that, one good game in 7, the Sens should be able to pull off the upset.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum