GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

+26
beerandsens
Vandelay
stempniaksen
Oglethorpe
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
dennycrane
Jordo
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
shabbs
PTFlea
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Sens vs. Rangers

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_lcap238%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 9 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_lcap217%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_lcap213%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 3 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_lcap224%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I would like to know why someone didn't finish off Gaborik last night. He was hurting, I thought he knocked himself out of the game but he came back. That shoulder didn't look too good...I hope they were watching. I don't want to sound goonish but they've been taking liberties with our guys so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same when they see that kind of opportunity.

Not really. Don't see them even hitting in the last two games.

Except for taking out Alfredsson and almost taking out Spezza, everything's been just dandy.

That's not taking liberties. Spezza has only himself to blame on that hit, and Hagelin's hit was a suspendable act and he got his punishment. If you think he's going out their to hurt people and take liberties, then you're mistaken. It's a hit, he got his elbow up, things happen.

The Rangers have been fairly soft this series and other than Boyle on Karlsson in Game 1, I don't see them doing anything to any of our players to throw them off their game. Guys like Callahan etc. have died since Game 1.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, I don't have an issue with the Spezza hit either. He dipped his head into a D man. That's like blaming a driver for someone jumping in front of a truck.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I would like to know why someone didn't finish off Gaborik last night. He was hurting, I thought he knocked himself out of the game but he came back. That shoulder didn't look too good...I hope they were watching. I don't want to sound goonish but they've been taking liberties with our guys so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same when they see that kind of opportunity.

Not really. Don't see them even hitting in the last two games.

Except for taking out Alfredsson and almost taking out Spezza, everything's been just dandy.

Exactly. I realize Spezza was skating with his head pretty low and yes you will get hit if you skate like that but Staal also had a good follow through on that hit which wasn't exactly necessary. Obviously the refs didn't think it was a bad hit, I would disagree but maybe i'm biased. I thought they were trying to take headshots out of the game and that was a headshot whether his head was low or not.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm not really talking about taking 'liberties' on Gaborik either, just give him a good clean hit into the boards to really take out that shoulder. Not too much to ask is it? Sarcasm

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=5687

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

While Staal did contact Spezza's head it was a push/shove more than a hit. SPezza turned to the inside just as the push was coming and as a result bent his neck in ways it's not meant to go. It was unfortunate but I wouldn't put it in the same category as an elbow to the head.

However in the last game there were lots of very, very late hits. Gonchar took a lot of punishment, and from some unlikely sources, like Gaborik.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, why does the thread says "Locked"? Are we at some limit? And why does it still let me post?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Umm, open sesame? Just clicked on the "Locked" sign and it led me to a reply box.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nope, still locked.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not sure why this topic was locked. I suspect it was a post limit per topic issue.

To lock a thread, as an adim, you scroll to the very bottom of the topic and click this symbol. (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 67 Topic_lock It's a similar symbol to unlock it.

clicking on the locked button sends you to a reply box because admin can post in locked threads and that's the button you click for that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum