GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

+26
beerandsens
Vandelay
stempniaksen
Oglethorpe
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
dennycrane
Jordo
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
shabbs
PTFlea
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Sens vs. Rangers

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_lcap238%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 9 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_lcap217%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_lcap213%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 3 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_lcap224%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Pretty much that right above me.

Team guys that can do the job they are asked and do it WELL are hard to find. Ottawa has 3 or 4 guys like that right now. Konopka and Carkner should be resigned ASAP (or when the season is over).

Both of them have been impressive. Carkner was a little bit behind where he needed to be when he came back after his injury, but they're both perfect role players.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Konopka has been very impressive, him and Neil are playing with pure heart out there. Ditto for Carkner, I was on the smell ya later carks bandwagon but am coming around....slowly. I posted a video of Konopka basically clowning around with the teammates (him and foligno) basically to show why he's still such an asset to have on the team and got shut down with 'any jackass can do that' lol.

I thought Kuba and Spezza were the worst senators out there yesterday though.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Kuba had a real bad first for sure and Spezza has been awful all series. At this point it doesn't matter though, he needs ONE good game and if he can do that, one good game in 7, the Sens should be able to pull off the upset.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really think we can win the next game and finish it off in ottawa. From what i've gathered from the past 4 games is that ottawa dictates the tempo of the game more and more as the series progresses. The rangers had been giving their best all season and can't seam to really kick it up a notch when it demands it. Sure they're playing a tight defencive game but ottawa are their own worst enemies. If we can tighten up our game lessen the amount of mistakes and turn overs we make this series is on the bag. We're definitely out working them.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

spezza needs to get a dirty goal to lose his frustration he is trying to skate around the entire ny team and he cant do that with their system i imagine Mclean is talking to him today you could see the frustration on his face last night

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Hopefully Alfi is ready to go because if he is that should be a HUGE boost to the Sens.

The Hoff has been sent back to the Black Aces, so that bodes well for His Alfiness returning?

P.S. How do you get sent back to a virtual team/organization?

All this means is that 3 of the following 4 guys will be in the lineup on Saturday:

The Alfie, Winchester, Butler, Daugavins.

I imagine "sending" the Hoff back just means they don't have to pay him his NHL salary...and they cleared out his stall.

Cheap diddles.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What salaries in the playoffs?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What salaries in the playoffs?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:spezza needs to get a dirty goal to lose his frustration he is trying to skate around the entire ny team and he cant do that with their system i imagine Mclean is talking to him today you could see the frustration on his face last night

Maybe Spezza should take a page out of MacLean's playbook. He once said that if he was in a slump, he'd pick a fight. The Sens have been beating up on Anisimov. Kuba and Cowen both hit him pretty hard. Maybe it's just Spezza's turn. I don't think he would have to fear any "retribution". Or maybe just give Staal a quick two-hander when nobody's looking.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

HH2000 is right. He needs to do something out of his comfort zone and that's getting in the face of Lundqvist and putting in a dirty one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He did some really smart things last night. He winged the puck at the net and it barely missed being knocked in by Michalek, but he needs to use that wrister of his a lot more than he has. Look at what happened with Turris, drive the zone, shoot and drive the net, fancy isn't gonna do it this series.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I would like to know why someone didn't finish off Gaborik last night. He was hurting, I thought he knocked himself out of the game but he came back. That shoulder didn't look too good...I hope they were watching. I don't want to sound goonish but they've been taking liberties with our guys so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same when they see that kind of opportunity.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:I would like to know why someone didn't finish off Gaborik last night. He was hurting, I thought he knocked himself out of the game but he came back. That shoulder didn't look too good...I hope they were watching. I don't want to sound goonish but they've been taking liberties with our guys so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same when they see that kind of opportunity.

Not really. Don't see them even hitting in the last two games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:I would like to know why someone didn't finish off Gaborik last night. He was hurting, I thought he knocked himself out of the game but he came back. That shoulder didn't look too good...I hope they were watching. I don't want to sound goonish but they've been taking liberties with our guys so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same when they see that kind of opportunity.

First one is on you? Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:

Except for taking out Alfredsson and almost taking out Spezza, everything's been just dandy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Except for taking out Alfredsson and almost taking out Spezza, everything's been just dandy.

That's not taking liberties. Spezza has only himself to blame on that hit, and Hagelin's hit was a suspendable act and he got his punishment. If you think he's going out their to hurt people and take liberties, then you're mistaken. It's a hit, he got his elbow up, things happen.

The Rangers have been fairly soft this series and other than Boyle on Karlsson in Game 1, I don't see them doing anything to any of our players to throw them off their game. Guys like Callahan etc. have died since Game 1.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, I don't have an issue with the Spezza hit either. He dipped his head into a D man. That's like blaming a driver for someone jumping in front of a truck.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Exactly. I realize Spezza was skating with his head pretty low and yes you will get hit if you skate like that but Staal also had a good follow through on that hit which wasn't exactly necessary. Obviously the refs didn't think it was a bad hit, I would disagree but maybe i'm biased. I thought they were trying to take headshots out of the game and that was a headshot whether his head was low or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum