GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

+26
beerandsens
Vandelay
stempniaksen
Oglethorpe
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Hobiesens
dennycrane
Jordo
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
Hoags
Riprock
sandysensfan
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
shabbs
PTFlea
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Sens vs. Rangers

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_lcap20%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_lcap238%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 9 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_lcap217%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_lcap24%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_lcap213%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 3 ]
(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_lcap224%(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Chris Neil is such a badass, even to the ref:

Vandelay wrote:
Honestly, I'm willing to take the loss if that's what it takes to make the Rangers pay on this one. We may have seen the last of our captain thanks to that cheap shot elbow. I thought it was just ridiculous that Torts actually tried to justify the elbow by saying Alfie ducked to try to get out of the way. That just shows how intentional it was- Alfie saw it coming, tried to dodge it, and that little puta still managed to hit him square on the melon.

Torts is an idiot, gives out a $20K rant on lack of respect for players on the ice and look at the crap his team has pulled.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I just watched again and, if anything, Alfie moved *away* from the impact. He only manages to move maybe a foot or two which speaks to the speed at which Hagelin is closing in. There's no way he can argue that Alfredsson ducked to try and get out of the way from the sequence below:

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 12939_10

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 12112310

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 12122910

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 12135_10

You can see Hagelin being way to the left of the seam where the two panels meet, then moving right across in the direction where Alfie was trying to get away from him, ending up on the right side of the seam.

If he tries to argue that he expected Alfie to continue in his initial direction (toward the point), then his initial aim was stupid-bad -- would have missed him by 10 feet. It's clear that he adjusted his trajectory to hit Alfie, and given the position of his elbows it was an intentional hit to the head, resulting in injury.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Shanahan's disciplinary call with Carkner:

Shanaban: Hey, Matt, you know we've got to talk, right?
Carkners: Uh-huh.
Shanahan: I saw that you barely touched his face and just went for the ribs.
Carkner: Yeah, well, he's a pretty boy and looks is all he's got. Didn't want to be mean.
Shanahan: I'm just going to give you a warning this time.
Carkner: Sure, thanks. What about Hagelin.
Shanahan: I'll give him a game. He's got no priors and I can throw the book at Shaw to show I mean business. So he'll be back on the ice Wednesday. Is that a problem?
Carkner: No, no problem at all.
Shanahan: Good, I guess we'll talk again Thursday.
Carkner: Sure thing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 AqidU6aCAAEOZ4z

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When do we hear about a Carkner extention. 2 years, 0.9 per year please.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

according to the sens on twitter Mclean says no update on Alfie but will see what he says tomorrow about playing

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I just watched again and, if anything, Alfie moved *away* from the impact. He only manages to move maybe a foot or two which speaks to the speed at which Hagelin is closing in. There's no way he can argue that Alfredsson ducked to try and get out of the way from the sequence below:

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 12939_10

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 12112310

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 12122910

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 12135_10

You can see Hagelin being way to the left of the seam where the two panels meet, then moving right across in the direction where Alfie was trying to get away from him, ending up on the right side of the seam.

If he tries to argue that he expected Alfie to continue in his initial direction (toward the point), then his initial aim was stupid-bad -- would have missed him by 10 feet. It's clear that he adjusted his trajectory to hit Alfie, and given the position of his elbows it was an intentional hit to the head, resulting in injury.

I think Alfie expected a body check not a head check.. You can see as Hagelin skated through the faceoff circle he was targetting Alfie the whole way.. He should get 3 games. Will Carkner get anything.. he essentially missed game 2 as he only played about 2 min. and the Sens played the whole game with 5 D...

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1 - Page 34 AqidU6aCAAEOZ4z

Priceless.... just priceless..

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

mclean says alfie feels good today

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hegelin texted Alfie to apologize. He says he tilted his head to avoid getting hit with Alfie's stick and as a result of that his elbows came up.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:mclean says alfie feels good today

Hope he feels even better tomorrow.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:When do we hear about a Carkner extention. 2 years, 0.9 per year please.

What happened to "fire Carkner?" Beer

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Chris Neil is such a badass, even to the ref:

Vandelay wrote:
Honestly, I'm willing to take the loss if that's what it takes to make the Rangers pay on this one. We may have seen the last of our captain thanks to that cheap shot elbow. I thought it was just ridiculous that Torts actually tried to justify the elbow by saying Alfie ducked to try to get out of the way. That just shows how intentional it was- Alfie saw it coming, tried to dodge it, and that little puta still managed to hit him square on the melon.

Torts is an idiot, gives out a $20K rant on lack of respect for players on the ice and look at the crap his team has pulled.

Also, Chris Neil = WIN

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man, Shanny must be filming an epic video for these rulings today... what is taking so long....?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Hegelin texted Alfie to apologize. He says he tilted his head to avoid getting hit with Alfie's stick and as a result of that his elbows came up.

Carkner texted Boyle to apologize. He says he meant to send him to the hospital.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Man, Shanny must be filming an epic video for these rulings today... what is taking so long....?

Undoubtedly both teams are playing politics on this one in order to protect their players. My thought is that along with suspensions, both teams may be getting fined and St. Louis, San Jose, Philly, and Pittsburgh might also be getting fines for what has gone on over the last 24 hours. The league has a PR disaster on its hands and they need to look like they are doing something.

Mind you if their officiating and punishments followed their own rulebooks and guidelines, we probably wouldn't be having these issues.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Hagelin has recieved 3 games

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Surprised that this was announced first. His hearing was after Carkner's. To quote various Star Wars characters: "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum