GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011

+17
Da lil Guy
SensHulk
sandysensfan
asq2
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
Vandelay
PTFlea
cash
shabbs
wprager
SDH89
SensGirl11
Ev
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
tim1_2
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 15]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:What qualifies the Da Costa line as terrible?

Yeah, just what SG was saying, it's a clumsy line for a guy that has a lot of talent. It might not be terrible, but...I dunno, I can think of better uses for Da Costa than on a 3rd line checking line.

Z-Bad's line is full of piss and vinegar...but it too is strange if you want point production.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

He said odd not terrible.

It's just odd not having offensive players with Da Costa...he's not a checker is he?
The only thing I can think of is that MacLean really wants Da Costa to tune into what needs to be done in the defensive zone by following Winchester and Condra's examples.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

It's just odd not having offensive players with Da Costa...he's not a checker is he?
The only thing I can think of is that MacLean really wants Da Costa to tune into what needs to be done in the defensive zone by following Winchester and Condra's examples.

I didn't really think of that. Good call.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

I think it's a matter of wanting to keep Z-bad at center. We all saw how much more comfortable he looks there. Regin deserves a top 6 spot so that leaves the two young centers as your third and fourth line centers. I also thought Neil did a good job with Z-bad last game.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Scotiabank Pizza Pizza reverse Pizza promotion:

If the Sens are scored against for 4 goals or less, free pizza at your local concession.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:

Nope, he said terrible.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

I actually think this is the best line layout of the season, according to who deserves what...
The only other lines I would suggest are:

Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson
Regin-Da Costa-Michalek
Greening -Smith-Condra
Winchester-Zibanejad-Neil

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:You know, for the amount of Spezza bashing and saying Karlsson is the one carrying the team, Karlsson has only 3 even-strength points himself. Karlsson also gets his points in garbage time. Not bashing Karlsson myself, just think about that when you get on Spezza.

Karlsson hasn't made a career out of it.

Either way, I was simply correcting the notion that Alfi/Spezza/Michalek has produced. They haven't.

Yes, they have. You have proven nothing other than you simply cannot see when you are wrong. Blind does not equal correct.

What has anyone disproven? That's Spezza's even strength play has been pretty awful to this point? The assist on the Greening goal he got at even strength, he had little to no part in it other than he touched the puck.

See what I did there? I took an example of something that actually happened and not use a stat to TRY and back up what I am saying.

His job is to create scoring chances and he hasn't done that, at all. Even strength he has been awful. Cue the faceoff stats.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:
I think it's a matter of wanting to keep Z-bad at center. We all saw how much more comfortable he looks there. Regin deserves a top 6 spot so that leaves the two young centers as your third and fourth line centers. I also thought Neil did a good job with Z-bad last game.

Yeah, I think that's part of it. I guess Da Costa really can't play the wing? Because I'd have him on Z-Bad's wing with someone like Neil on the left side. I see Winchester playing the left side, so I guess it's no big deal.

If I was doing it, I'd do:

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Greening-Zibanejad-Michalek
Foligno-Da Costa-Neil
Winchester-Smith-Condra

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:You simply said they have produced consistantly, which they haven't. I don't think that line has one even strength point.

I said Spezza's line hasn't created any offense at even strength and they haven't. I'm not saying the line doesn't work, I'm saying it hasn't produced and Spezza, being the highest paid player and the center, has not produced at even strength. Neither has Michalek.

You really -- REALLY -- should prepare better. If anything, Spezza has had a problem producing on the PP.

PP, even strength, he hasn't done much of anything. Neither has Michalek for the most part.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:So what are the lines now?

Check out the original thread.

Foligno-Regin-Alfredsson
Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Winchester -Da Costa-Condra
Smith-Zibanejad-Neil

Defence:
Phillips - Rundblad
Kuba - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar

Is that top line for real? As in FoReAl?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:

Actually,o, he did say terrible. The "odd" comment was for the Zibanejad line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

Yeah, just what SG was saying, it's a clumsy line for a guy that has a lot of talent. It might not be terrible, but...I dunno, I can think of better uses for Da Costa than on a 3rd line checking line.

Z-Bad's line is full of piss and vinegar...but it too is strange if you want point production.

I don't think the Sens are rolling the "usual" third line that is meant to check the opposition into submission. That said, it's not exactly a third line that's meant to provide secondary scoring.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:You know, for the amount of Spezza bashing and saying Karlsson is the one carrying the team, Karlsson has only 3 even-strength points himself. Karlsson also gets his points in garbage time. Not bashing Karlsson myself, just think about that when you get on Spezza.

Karlsson hasn't made a career out of it.

Either way, I was simply correcting the notion that Alfi/Spezza/Michalek has produced. They haven't.

Yes, they have. You have proven nothing other than you simply cannot see when you are wrong. Blind does not equal correct.

What has anyone disproven? That's Spezza's even strength play has been pretty awful to this point? The assist on the Greening goal he got at even strength, he had little to no part in it other than he touched the puck.

See what I did there? I took an example of something that actually happened and not use a stat to TRY and back up what I am saying.

His job is to create scoring chances and he hasn't done that, at all. Even strength he has been awful. Cue the faceoff stats.

"Spezza sucks he hasn't been a PPG player in 4 years".

"I don't care if he's putting up points, they were meaningless and he had little to no part in the points he has gotten"

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Winchester has the ability to basically gift-wrap goals for a guy that can finish, that's why he worked so well with Zack Smith. That line will probably draw at least one penalty too with some good cycling. Or, at the very least, create faceoffs in the Winnipeg zone for the top lines.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Which is not a half-bad idea, actually.

On the other hand, he played a few games with Alfie -- if he can't learn defensive responsibility playing with Alfie, what chance does Winchester have?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

When you quote someone, you should take the quote and not make it up. Just as an FYI. I would love to see any comment where I said "Spezza sucks".

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:When you quote someone, you should take the quote and not make it up. Just as an FYI. I would love to see any comment where I said "Spezza sucks".

those weren't literally your words. Paraphrasing here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum