GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011

+17
Da lil Guy
SensHulk
sandysensfan
asq2
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
Vandelay
PTFlea
cash
shabbs
wprager
SDH89
SensGirl11
Ev
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
tim1_2
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 15]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:What qualifies the Da Costa line as terrible?

He said odd not terrible.

It's just odd not having offensive players with Da Costa...he's not a checker is he?
The only thing I can think of is that MacLean really wants Da Costa to tune into what needs to be done in the defensive zone by following Winchester and Condra's examples.

Which is not a half-bad idea, actually.

On the other hand, he played a few games with Alfie -- if he can't learn defensive responsibility playing with Alfie, what chance does Winchester have?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

When you quote someone, you should take the quote and not make it up. Just as an FYI. I would love to see any comment where I said "Spezza sucks".

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:When you quote someone, you should take the quote and not make it up. Just as an FYI. I would love to see any comment where I said "Spezza sucks".

those weren't literally your words. Paraphrasing here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:You know, for the amount of Spezza bashing and saying Karlsson is the one carrying the team, Karlsson has only 3 even-strength points himself. Karlsson also gets his points in garbage time. Not bashing Karlsson myself, just think about that when you get on Spezza.

Karlsson hasn't made a career out of it.

Either way, I was simply correcting the notion that Alfi/Spezza/Michalek has produced. They haven't.

Yes, they have. You have proven nothing other than you simply cannot see when you are wrong. Blind does not equal correct.

What has anyone disproven? That's Spezza's even strength play has been pretty awful to this point? The assist on the Greening goal he got at even strength, he had little to no part in it other than he touched the puck.

See what I did there? I took an example of something that actually happened and not use a stat to TRY and back up what I am saying.

His job is to create scoring chances and he hasn't done that, at all. Even strength he has been awful. Cue the faceoff stats.

Yeah, whatever, NEELY. Your last name is "Right" and your first name is "Always". I'll call you "Al" for short.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Winchester has the ability to basically gift-wrap goals for a guy that can finish, that's why he worked so well with Zack Smith. That line will probably draw at least one penalty too with some good cycling. Or, at the very least, create faceoffs in the Winnipeg zone for the top lines.
Hopefully, there'll definitely be some net presence on that line...and Da Costa.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can we give the Spezza debate a rest or move it to a different thread? I'm sick of it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Huh, Pavelec starts again tonight. Wear him down guys!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:He said odd not terrible.
He did say terrible.

SpezDispenser wrote:Those are actually the lines?

Hmmm....

Like the Regin line, like the Spezza like, the Da Costa line is terrible, the Z-Bad line is...odd.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What we need here is some more Spezza love...

Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011 - Page 6 Img2011101900010

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Huh, Pavelec starts again tonight. Wear him down guys!

You realize Pavelec plays really well against the Sens, right?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:What we need here is some more Spezza love...

Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011 - Page 6 Img2011101900010

Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011 - Page 6 Aw-yea10

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:What we need here is some more Spezza love...

Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011 - Page 6 Aw-yea10
That's what I'm talking about!!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
He did say terrible.

Hmmm....

Like the Regin line, like the Spezza like, the Da Costa line is terrible, the Z-Bad line is...odd.

Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
He did say terrible.

Hmmm....

Ahhhhh!
Ahhhhh!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
He did say terrible.

Hmmm....

Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011 - Page 6 235689

Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011 - Page 6 Turrable

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Like our hockey team, we're right off the rails today.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Like our hockey team, we're right off the rails today.

Off the rails?

Like a FOX!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Quick Sens/Jets fact:

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/the-senators-this-week

The last time the Jets played in Ottawa was on Nov. 22, 1995, at the Civic Centre. Scotiabank Place was still more than a month away from opening. The Jets won that game 3-1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum