GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011

Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:Spezza and anyone hasn't been working.

The only reason they won a game and were close in the Caps game is because oe Neil/Regin/Foligno, that's it. That's the only line that has shown they have chemsitry.

Haha! There it is!! Laugh1 Laughing3

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:Spezza and anyone hasn't been working.

The only reason they won a game and were close in the Caps game is because oe Neil/Regin/Foligno, that's it. That's the only line that has shown they have chemsitry.

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson has been the only line that has produced offense consistently. The coach said it works and that they can put them out whenever they want to produce some offense. Not really sure what you mean, they have chemistry and have shown it.



Last edited by Big Ev on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SensGirl11 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Naw they shouldn't be tweaiking these two lines. They work, and they work well.

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Regin-Neil

Agreed. + Zibanejad should be working things out on the 3rd line for a while.

If you mean for the next 3 games, sure.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Spezza and anyone hasn't been working.

The only reason they won a game and were close in the Caps game is because oe Neil/Regin/Foligno, that's it. That's the only line that has shown they have chemsitry.

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson has been the only line that has produced offense consistently. The coach said it works and that they can put them out whenever they want to produce some offense. Not really sure what you mean, they have chemistry and have shown it.

How many even strength points does Spezza have? 2? Greening's goal where Spezza did nothing and a Spezza shot from the point that Michalek tipped and it went in by some miracle.

Spezza has done next to nothing at even strength this year. He's not working with anyone at even strength and you can count on one hand the amount of scoring chances he's had.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Mika Zibanejad ranks 31st amongst rookie skaters with 12:31 in average time on ice per game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Spezza and anyone hasn't been working.

The only reason they won a game and were close in the Caps game is because oe Neil/Regin/Foligno, that's it. That's the only line that has shown they have chemsitry.

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson has been the only line that has produced offense consistently. The coach said it works and that they can put them out whenever they want to produce some offense. Not really sure what you mean, they have chemistry and have shown it.

How many even strength points does Spezza have? 2? Greening's goal where Spezza did nothing and a Spezza shot from the point that Michalek tipped and it went in by some miracle.

Spezza has done next to nothing at even strength this year. He's not working with anyone at even strength and you can count on one hand the amount of scoring chances he's had.

We're talking about the entire line. It has worked. Ignore the head coach all you want, though. I love how the discussion is about the LINE and you turn it into a Spezza wrench-throwing contest again.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
You simply said they have produced consistantly, which they haven't. I don't think that line has one even strength point.

I said Spezza's line hasn't created any offense at even strength and they haven't. I'm not saying the line doesn't work, I'm saying it hasn't produced and Spezza, being the highest paid player and the center, has not produced at even strength. Neither has Michalek.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
You know, for the amount of Spezza bashing and saying Karlsson is the one carrying the team, Karlsson has only 3 even-strength points himself. Karlsson also gets his points in garbage time. Not bashing Karlsson myself, just think about that when you get on Spezza.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Can we take a day off from pooping all over the team?

Yes, we know they stink right now. Nothing has changed in the past couple days. No line has really been productive. Yes, we know that Michalek-Spezza-Alfie hasn't produced much of anything, but they also haven't played very many games together yet. Let's just hold off on the doom and gloom until around 10 tonight, when we have another game to discuss.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran
Am I the only one who isn't all that impressed with Condra? To me the guy has shown nothing so far, would prefer if he was on a 2 way.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Big Ev wrote:You know, for the amount of Spezza bashing and saying Karlsson is the one carrying the team, Karlsson has only 3 even-strength points himself. Karlsson also gets his points in garbage time. Not bashing Karlsson myself, just think about that when you get on Spezza.

Karlsson hasn't made a career out of it.

Either way, I was simply correcting the notion that Alfi/Spezza/Michalek has produced. They haven't.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:Spezza and anyone hasn't been working.

The only reason they won a game and were close in the Caps game is because oe Neil/Regin/Foligno, that's it. That's the only line that has shown they have chemsitry.

Spezza and Michalek are tied for 2nd on the team in points. I think it's been working.

DaCosta a 4th line winger? Interesting -- that line has three centers on it.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Spezza and anyone hasn't been working.

The only reason they won a game and were close in the Caps game is because oe Neil/Regin/Foligno, that's it. That's the only line that has shown they have chemsitry.

Spezza and Michalek are tied for 2nd on the team in points. I think it's been working.

DaCosta a 4th line winger? Interesting -- that line has three centers on it.

That's not official...I just had to put Da Costa somewhere until we see the lines from practice today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:
How many even strength points does Spezza have? 2? Greening's goal where Spezza did nothing and a Spezza shot from the point that Michalek tipped and it went in by some miracle.

Spezza has done next to nothing at even strength this year. He's not working with anyone at even strength and you can count on one hand the amount of scoring chances he's had.

Spezza has 2 goals -- one of them on the PP the other even strength. He has 3 assists -- 1 of them on the PP, the other 2 even-strength.

So, 3 of his 5 points are even-strength.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Spezza will have a huge game tonight... book it. Why? Cuz I'll be wearing this tonight...

Game Day - Winnipeg @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, October 20, 2011 - Page 2 Img2011101900010

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:You simply said they have produced consistantly, which they haven't. I don't think that line has one even strength point.

I said Spezza's line hasn't created any offense at even strength and they haven't. I'm not saying the line doesn't work, I'm saying it hasn't produced and Spezza, being the highest paid player and the center, has not produced at even strength. Neither has Michalek.

You really -- REALLY -- should prepare better. If anything, Spezza has had a problem producing on the PP.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SDH89 wrote:Am I the only one who isn't all that impressed with Condra? To me the guy has shown nothing so far, would prefer if he was on a 2 way.

I think he's looked better the last couple games...and he's been stuck on the 4th line.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Winchester apparently in for tonight...Konopka likely sitting.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum