GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Binghamton Senators @ Manchester Monarchs, 7PM Saturday, April 23

+9
Riprock
Flo The Action
jawal
spader
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SensHulk
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, going bonkers after winning a series in the first round would be a bit much... and would be criticized by the media. Save that for when you win it all. Appreciate the significance on what they've archived, but keep the focus on the task at hand...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Yeah, going bonkers after winning a series in the first round would be a bit much... and would be criticized by the media. Save that for when you win it all. Appreciate the significance on what they've archived, but keep the focus on the task at hand...

"Archived" -- as in written into the record/history books? Sarcasm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:You don't throw equipment everywhere for winning a FIRST ROUND. That would have been pathetic.

I have to agree with SD, though, that when I first saw it it looked very low-key. Three straight OT wins to overcome a 1-3 deficit -- first time that's ever happened in the league. I think a couple of gloves in the air would have been allowed. If they were at home I'm sure they would have done it. Daugavins punted his tick into the stands after winning G5.

His tick?

My -key tick ometime .

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Red Scarf Union and SensChirp (I think) are organizing a trip to see the B-Town Sens in playoff action. Cost is $90. This includes bus transportation and tickets to the game.

Info here:

http://www.ultimatetours.ca/bingo/

and here:

http://www.senschirp.ca/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=258:road-trip-to-bingo&Itemid=13

Wanna cheer the boys on? TowelWave

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yeah, going bonkers after winning a series in the first round would be a bit much... and would be criticized by the media. Save that for when you win it all. Appreciate the significance on what they've archived, but keep the focus on the task at hand...

"Archived" -- as in written into the record/history books? Sarcasm
Heh heh. Meant to say "achieved" there...

Wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Is it just me, or did that celebration look pretty subdued?

The way I see it Potulny was just cool as a cucumber. Like he wasn't the least bit surprised that he scored that goal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

The way I see it Potulny was just cool as a cucumber. Like he wasn't the least bit surprised that he scored that goal.

Laugh1 That's one way to look at it, he's Mr. Clutch.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laugh1 That's one way to look at it, he's Mr. Clutch.

KK deserves credit for putting his faith in this guy from Game 1.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Has he played himself into a contract?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I actually didn't write that. That quote is part of SD's reply to my posting of the GWG video.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Has he played himself into a contract?

I still think it depends on how he does in camp. The AHL is full of guys that can't translate their game to the NHL. Don't have to look any further than Locke and Hamel.

On the other hand, this guy's got nearly 150 NHL games under his belt and scored 15 goals in 64 games with the Oilers (his overall career NHL goal production is at about the 15 goals/season pace). In the AHL he has shown that he increases his post-season production substantially. If he does the same at the NHL level, then a 15-goal scorer becomes a 20-25 goal scorer in the playoffs. That's some serious secondary scoring from your third line (I assume) and takes a lot of pressure off your top-six. Plus he's responsible defensively and (unlike our previous 3rd line center) is good at face offs (of course I have no idea what his face off skill is like against NHL centers).

The one drawback is his age -- he has to clear waivers to be sent down (and, I assume, re-entry waivers on the way back up) so they'd have to have a solid reason to believe he can last the full season up here if they give him a contract. A 2-way won't help.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
I still think it depends on how he does in camp. The AHL is full of guys that can't translate their game to the NHL. Don't have to look any further than Locke and Hamel.

On the other hand, this guy's got nearly 150 NHL games under his belt and scored 15 goals in 64 games with the Oilers (his overall career NHL goal production is at about the 15 goals/season pace). In the AHL he has shown that he increases his post-season production substantially. If he does the same at the NHL level, then a 15-goal scorer becomes a 20-25 goal scorer in the playoffs. That's some serious secondary scoring from your third line (I assume) and takes a lot of pressure off your top-six. Plus he's responsible defensively and (unlike our previous 3rd line center) is good at face offs (of course I have no idea what his face off skill is like against NHL centers).

The one drawback is his age -- he has to clear waivers to be sent down (and, I assume, re-entry waivers on the way back up) so they'd have to have a solid reason to believe he can last the full season up here if they give him a contract. A 2-way won't help.

Is he defensively responsible though? I don't know much about him, but I see a -16 and a -21 and a -11 in three professional seasons. If he can't get that up to a plus, he'll be hard up making the NHL because he's a 3rd liner who'll need to score and be responsible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Is he defensively responsible though? I don't know much about him, but I see a -16 and a -21 and a -11 in three professional seasons. If he can't get that up to a plus, he'll be hard up making the NHL because he's a 3rd liner who'll need to score and be responsible.

I was going by Hockey's Future: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/ryan_potulny

Talent Analysis

Potulny is a skilled offensive player with good hands, acceleration, and lateral movement. He demonstrates strong playmaking skills and an uncanny ability to score timely goals. In College, Potulny was easily one of Minnesota’s most dynamic players when healthy, and fans quickly began to expect big plays out of him. Also a very good face-off guy, Potulny looks to have all the skills needed to excel at any level. He is responsible at both ends of the rink, backchecking with effectiveness and taking care of the puck in his own end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum