GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Binghamton Senators @ Manchester Monarchs, 7PM Saturday, April 23

+9
Riprock
Flo The Action
jawal
spader
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SensHulk
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Binghamton Senators @ Manchester Monarchs, 7PM Saturday, April 23 Bingo-players GAME DAY: Binghamton Senators @ Manchester Monarchs, 7PM Saturday, April 23 AtSign GAME DAY: Binghamton Senators @ Manchester Monarchs, 7PM Saturday, April 23 Themon10

Seventh Heaven!

Last night the under-manned B-Sens pushed this series to a seventh game with a gutsy double overtime performance. The game-winning goal may have influenced the star selection but it was Robin Lehner, stopping franchise playoff record-setting 51 of 52 shots that should have been the 1st star last night. Not included in that shot count was a 2nd OT period penalty shot awarded to game 3 hat-trick-hero Bud Holloway, after it was ruled that the Sens intentionally dislodged the net during a scramble.

Kleinendorst said, earlier, that he doesn't expect any of the injured players to return to the lineup this weekend, which means no Hale, D.Smith, or Gryba -- they are playing with 5D in the lineup, including rookie Mark Borowiecki. They are also missing the league leading scorer and MVP, Corey Locke. The series has featured 4 overtime games (including last night's double OT). I don't think there has ever been an AHL team to win all 4 games of a playoff series in OT. That certainly would be something.

Here are some great pictures of last night's action:
http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=CB&Dato=20110422&Kategori=SPORTS&Lopenr=422004&Ref=PH&Item=0

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Lehner has a new mask?? I don't like it....I hope its just a bingo specific mask. Really dug the previous one.

That said, whatever mask works for him, we need another stellar performance in goal from Lehner. There's no help on the way for the B-sens unfortunately....

Jim O'brien could also perhaps finally wake up. Non-factor in the playoffs so far (though he had two assists yesterdaY)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Go B-Sens Go! Bring it on!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Lehner has a new mask?? I don't like it....I hope its just a bingo specific mask. Really dug the previous one.

That said, whatever mask works for him, we need another stellar performance in goal from Lehner. There's no help on the way for the B-sens unfortunately....

Jim O'brien could also perhaps finally wake up. Non-factor in the playoffs so far (though he had two assists yesterdaY)

Play-by-play guy for Bingo was just on Team1200. Of the injured players, only Locke has been on ice -- the three regular D-men that are out haven't even skated yet. Gryba had that high-ankle sprain last Sunday before the regular season ended, so it's only been 3 weeks and a bit. Unless they go really deep I doubt we see him play again this year.

They've played with 5D the last 2 or 3 games, and Borowiecki, as a rookie, is played very sparingly. For example, last night's game lasted 90 minutes, and Mark played a little over 5 minutes. The top pairing played 45 and 43 minutes. The second pairing played 40 and 39. I hope the forwards realize just how much more is needed from them -- scoring first would certainly make it a bit easier but, in general, they have to come back and help the D out the whole game. I don't like being pessimistic, but playing 45 minutes and then playing again the very next night, that's the kind of tough that's hard to overcome.

He also talked a bit about the forwards you mentioned. They all got a talk from the coaching staff. Butler's now scored goals in 3 of his last 4 games and, O'Brien and Condra each had 2 assists yesterday. Hopefully those are good signs -- if they play like they did when collecting a bigger paycheck, and Lehner has another solid game, maybe we won't have to lean so heavily on the four D.

I'm really not sure about KK *not* changing the lineup and playing 6D. After 45/43/40/39 minutes, and playing back-to-back nights, maybe it would be better to have some insurance on the back-end rather than up front.

It's going to be really, really tough.

GAME DAY: Binghamton Senators @ Manchester Monarchs, 7PM Saturday, April 23 Kinrad10

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

If only spokane had been eliminated!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Play-by-play guy for Bingo was just on Team1200. Of the injured players, only Locke has been on ice -- the three regular D-men that are out haven't even skated yet. Gryba had that high-ankle sprain last Sunday before the regular season ended, so it's only been 3 weeks and a bit. Unless they go really deep I doubt we see him play again this year.

They've played with 5D the last 2 or 3 games, and Borowiecki, as a rookie, is played very sparingly. For example, last night's game lasted 90 minutes, and Mark played a little over 5 minutes. The top pairing played 45 and 43 minutes. The second pairing played 40 and 39. I hope the forwards realize just how much more is needed from them -- scoring first would certainly make it a bit easier but, in general, they have to come back and help the D out the whole game. I don't like being pessimistic, but playing 45 minutes and then playing again the very next night, that's the kind of tough that's hard to overcome.

He also talked a bit about the forwards you mentioned. They all got a talk from the coaching staff. Butler's now scored goals in 3 of his last 4 games and, O'Brien and Condra each had 2 assists yesterday. Hopefully those are good signs -- if they play like they did when collecting a bigger paycheck, and Lehner has another solid game, maybe we won't have to lean so heavily on the four D.

I'm really not sure about KK *not* changing the lineup and playing 6D. After 45/43/40/39 minutes, and playing back-to-back nights, maybe it would be better to have some insurance on the back-end rather than up front.

It's going to be really, really tough.

GAME DAY: Binghamton Senators @ Manchester Monarchs, 7PM Saturday, April 23 Kinrad10

Yeah, it's gonna be a challenge, but the Monarchs put themselves in a bad position here IMO. They let this team back in - a group that apparently has a tremendous amount of confidence in eat other. 1 game here...let's see what happens. Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:If only spokane had been eliminated!

Would Cowen even have been eligible, though? Don't they have any others that are eligible? They've had callups in the regular season, so why are they playing, essentially, with 4D?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Would Cowen even have been eligible, though? Don't they have any others that are eligible? They've had callups in the regular season, so why are they playing, essentially, with 4D?

Cowen most certainly should be eligible. His junior days are done after these WHL playoffs, just as Brayden Schenn's are done. I don't know why KK is going with 4D + Borowiecki here and there but maybe its a trust thing. They also have that clear day roster thingy so they perhaps can't use some of those callups they used earlier?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here is Friday's game winner:

Last edited by wprager on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
Cowen most certainly should be eligible. His junior days are done after these WHL playoffs, just as Brayden Schenn's are done. I don't know why KK is going with 4D + Borowiecki here and there but maybe its a trust thing. They also have that clear day roster thingy so they perhaps can't use some of those callups they used earlier?

Not 100% on how that works, but as far as I know KK is trying to keep this D functioning for 1 more game.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cowen is playing the best line in the WHL right now, I'd rather he stays there. He shut them down in the first game while contributing offensively.

No matter what happens tonight this Bingo team has already overachieved with the roster they have to deal with. They are playing against the best team in the confere who just added the best prospect in the world right now and another one who led the OHL in scoring.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:

Cowen is playing the best line in the WHL right now, I'd rather he stays there. He shut them down in the first game while contributing offensively.

No matter what happens tonight this Bingo team has already overachieved with the roster they have to deal with. They are playing against the best team in the confere who just added the best prospect in the world right now and another one who led the OHL in scoring.

Second best and in the other conference. Best in theirs are the Penguins, and they are scary good.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:

Second best and in the other conference. Best in theirs are the Penguins, and they are scary good.

But the B-Sens have had success against WBS this year.
I'm hoping the pressure is too much for Manchester. I know they have Toffoli & Schenn now.. but is that team a lot of veterans or a mixture of both rookies & vets. I don't know a lot about them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Manchester scratching Toffoli and playing with 7D. Against 4-1/3 D for Bingo.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bingo is on their second PP and Dqaugavins takes a bad elbow to the head. Double over and bleeding, but no call.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum