GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+25
garblar
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
SensGirl11
Oglethorpe
Bramlet07
NEELY
Amnesia021
rooneypoo
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

736All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Luongo should demand a trade. Diddle Vigneault.

737All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:20 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Luongo should demand a trade. Diddle Vigneault.

To who? Who would take a 10 year contract for someone who simply doesn't have the mental capacity to play in the POs? Imagine Luongo in Ottawa... Laugh1

Wait! Do 2 chokers make clutch? Like two negatives?

738All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

To who? Who would take a 10 year contract for someone who simply doesn't have the mental capacity to play in the POs? Imagine Luongo in Ottawa... Laugh1

But I think he has it in him in my opinion. We've only ever seen him against one team in the playoffs, basically. As long as they beat Chicago, he will be fine. Once that happens, all the pressure will be off. There's a ton of guys who just can't beat that one team. Vigneault was Cussing stupid for not starting him last night, they did not lose Games 4 and 5 because of him. What a joke.

Reggie Miller could never beat the Knicks but he finally did that one year!

739All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
But I think he has it in him in my opinion. We've only ever seen him against one team in the playoffs, basically. As long as they beat Chicago, he will be fine. Once that happens, all the pressure will be off. There's a ton of guys who just can't beat that one team. Vigneault was Cussing stupid for not starting him last night, they did not lose Games 4 and 5 because of him. What a joke.

I guess we'll see. If there ever was a time for him to be sporting a .920, it's now when his team is fragile, but if he beats the Hawks and moves on and kicks arse, everything will be fine. That's a HUGE if right now though, I think he'd take just bouncing the Hawks.

740All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:25 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I'd cut Vigneault some slack last night. The Canucks looked like a superior team throughout the game. The goals on Schneider (bad bounce, giveaway, penalty shot) weren't typical goals and Luongo was fine when he came in.

I want the Hawks to win but I think the Canucks will survive, until the 2nd round.

741All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the Canucks win, I'm giving the Preds no chance to beat them.

742All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 284635652

743All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Don't forget he almost cost Canada the gold at the Olympics, he was average at best in Vancouver.

744All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:I'd cut Vigneault some slack last night. The Canucks looked like a superior team throughout the game. The goals on Schneider (bad bounce, giveaway, penalty shot) weren't typical goals and Luongo was fine when he came in.

I want the Hawks to win but I think the Canucks will survive, until the 2nd round.

True, especially in OT from what I saw. But there's that mental hump to get over...and they didn't and haven't ever gotten over it. Let's see if they can!

745All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:If the Canucks win, I'm giving the Preds no chance to beat them.

Don't forget that high octane offenses simply don't work against the Preds. And Rinne is proving that he's the $$ goalie right now, not Luongo. I think that would be a battle of epic proportions.

746All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Don't forget that high octane offenses simply don't work against the Preds. And Rinne is proving that he's the $$ goalie right now, not Luongo. I think that would be a battle of epic proportions.

What is Rinne proving? An .876 save percentage and a 3.29 GAA. yeah, that's $$ right there.

Vancouver's depth and defense would kill the Preds, something that the Ducks didn't have.

747All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
What is Rinne proving? An .876 save percentage and a 3.29 GAA. yeah, that's $$ right there.

Vancouver's depth and defense would kill the Preds, something that the Ducks didn't have.

First: it's about the wins.

Second: it's about the timing of the saves.

748All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:57 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I've watched every game of this series, and Rinne is not playing spectacularly. He's been meh. That said, if the Rinne of the regular season shows up next series, watch out.

749All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:01 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Luongo will befine. The problem is the team in front of him. On the game winner there are two V defenders standing just looking at Smith.

On the other hand, Luongo couldn't control any rebounds (including the game winner).

I think Luongo is cracking, he was supposedly in the visitor's room instead of the bench until Schneider got hurt.

He can't be too happy with the situation.

You're right though, Vancouver's defence isn't doing him many favors although he has to be better (especially if they're playing the way they are now).

I heard that's because there's not enough room on the bench.

I saw him sitting in the hall facing the wall when he got called in, there was no room apparently for him. All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 105237 Who knows the real story though, aaaaahhh the playoffs!! Gotta love it!

Luongo = Nabokov 2.0

750All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Didn't you say that about Chi's chances with Vancouver?

751All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:10 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I've watched every game of this series, and Rinne is not playing spectacularly. He's been meh. That said, if the Rinne of the regular season shows up next series, watch out.

I haven't watched one Preds/Anaheim game (too late now All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 159628 ) but i'm stunned that they took the series. The way that Anaheim was playing coming in was ridiculous, I thought for sure they'd run them down no problem.

Things are really getting weird, as is the usual I guess.

Tampa/Pens being tied is spectacularly surprising to me I thought that would be done in 5 for Pittsburgh, even without the superstars.

Preds over Anaheim - stunning
Detroit over Phoenix in a sweep - stunning
Washington over NYR in 5 was pretty surprising, I thought it would've gone 7
Chicago and Vancouver's series is ridiculous, never would've expected this turn of events
SJ - LA is not shocking so far
The Philly/Barfalo series is spectacular, woah. Never thought barf had a chance, can't predict this outcome All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 805406
The B's and Habs is going exactly the way it should

Which games are on tap again tonight?

752All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

I thought he is playing well. Most of the goals he let in were more of a testament to how good the Ducks top players are, and how Nashville wasn't very good at containing them (especially Ducks PP).

He's kept them in most of the games and gave them a chance to win, can't ask for more.

753All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 50 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

I thought he's been good, but not yet great. As you say, look out if he punches it up a notch to great. With the team D that Nashville and the smothering trap of the forwards, they could go a long, long way IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum