GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+25
garblar
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
SensGirl11
Oglethorpe
Bramlet07
NEELY
Amnesia021
rooneypoo
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

991All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 67 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:57 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:damn....lost in all of this is the fact that we don't get a 6th rounder now from Pittsburgh! Dammit!

lol who cares

I care when a team is practically so close to moving on and improving one of our picks just to choke it away and lose to a less experienced tampa team.

Improving a 6th to a 7th is like upgrading from VCR to HD-DVD.

Whaaa? do you even think about the comebacks you write? HD DVD >>>> VCR, nevermind the fact the technology died out. If that was the improvement, I'd be even more pissed we missed out on a 6th rounder.

its okay, I'm still waiting for the inevitable to happen after tampa delayed it by winning game 5.

EDIT: you probably should have said VCD....man those things were awful

I think the only mistake in one Big Ev wrote is that he switched 6th and 7th around, or should have said "to a 6th from a 7th." I believe the analogy of the VCR to HD DVD (no dash, not to be mistaken with no Dash) was that since HD DVD lost out to Blu-ray (yes to the dash, not to be mistaken with yes to the Dash) it is also a dead technology and thus is an improvement, but one that doesn't mean much, since you can't get HD DVDs anymore, a player would be useless. So really not much of an improvement at all.

NB: I think Dash should get a shirt that says "Yes to the Dash."

992All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 67 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and yes lol, I mixed up the 6th and 7th in my post.

993All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 67 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:damn....lost in all of this is the fact that we don't get a 6th rounder now from Pittsburgh! Dammit!

lol who cares

I care when a team is practically so close to moving on and improving one of our picks just to choke it away and lose to a less experienced tampa team.

Improving a 6th to a 7th is like upgrading from VCR to HD-DVD.

Whaaa? do you even think about the comebacks you write? HD DVD >>>> VCR, nevermind the fact the technology died out. If that was the improvement, I'd be even more pissed we missed out on a 6th rounder.

its okay, I'm still waiting for the inevitable to happen after tampa delayed it by winning game 5.

EDIT: you probably should have said VCD....man those things were awful

The point is, both VCR and HD-DVD are equally worthless. Pretty much the same with 6th and 7th round picks.

Alfie, Condra, Greening. That is all.

994All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 67 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:NB: I think Dash should get a shirt that says "Yes to the Dash."

Sarcasm

Back to the topic:

Canucks take a 1-0 series lead with a 1-0 win over Nashville. Solid defensive battle, two top goalies duelling it out behind a formidable defensive lineup.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=5324

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum