GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+25
garblar
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
SensGirl11
Oglethorpe
Bramlet07
NEELY
Amnesia021
rooneypoo
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

976All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:31 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Do it.

BTW, I bet Columbus moves east.

Yeah, I was coming here to post this. I think so too.

977All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:Do it.

BTW, I bet Columbus moves east.

Not if Phoenix does it first. Florida could also move. Let me rephrase that -- Florid should also move.

978All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:32 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

damn....lost in all of this is the fact that we don't get a 6th rounder now from Pittsburgh! Dammit!

979All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:37 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:100% Bruins were lucky to win this series. Quite frankly shocked that this series didn't end in 5 or 6 games for Montreal. They were thoroughly outplayed in 4 or 5 of those games.

I wouldn't say lucky necessarily. Montreal had their moments of "luck" too. The only reason that game went to OT last night was because Price stood on his head after giving up the third Boston goal. It's hard to say that a team is "lucky" when they win a best of 7 series. Boston is the better team.

The reason it went to 7 games was Mtl had two 5 on 3's in game 6 and that's how they got the goals. Penalties were warranted.. but how can you miss on that.

Price had a good series. Yeah Mtl had injuries.. but so do other teams...

980All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:damn....lost in all of this is the fact that we don't get a 6th rounder now from Pittsburgh! Dammit!

lol who cares

981All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:22 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:damn....lost in all of this is the fact that we don't get a 6th rounder now from Pittsburgh! Dammit!

lol who cares

I care when a team is practically so close to moving on and improving one of our picks just to choke it away and lose to a less experienced tampa team.

982All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

lol who cares

I care when a team is practically so close to moving on and improving one of our picks just to choke it away and lose to a less experienced tampa team.

Improving a 6th to a 7th is like upgrading from VCR to HD-DVD.

983All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

lol who cares

Laughing3

984All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

lol who cares

Please, it's HD DVD, no dash.

Wink

And yes, I have an HD DVD player. Sigh...

985All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

lol who cares

Please, it's HD DVD, no dash.

Wink

And yes, I have an HD DVD player. Sigh...

And upgrading from a VCR to HD DVD is huge. The format may be obsolete but the difference is huge.

986All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:37 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

lol who cares

Whaaa? do you even think about the comebacks you write? HD DVD >>>> VCR, nevermind the fact the technology died out. If that was the improvement, I'd be even more pissed we missed out on a 6th rounder.

its okay, I'm still waiting for the inevitable to happen after tampa delayed it by winning game 5.

EDIT: you probably should have said VCD....man those things were awful

987All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:02 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Slow start in the Van-Nash game. Unfortunately, this'll be a less exciting series than the Van-Chi series. I think the excitement of the first round has spoiled me for what's to come.

988All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Laserdisc? Betamax?

989All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:33 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

1-0 Van. Higgins gets it. He's doesn't score much, but when he does, he makes it count.

990All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

lol who cares

Whaaa? do you even think about the comebacks you write? HD DVD >>>> VCR, nevermind the fact the technology died out. If that was the improvement, I'd be even more pissed we missed out on a 6th rounder.

its okay, I'm still waiting for the inevitable to happen after tampa delayed it by winning game 5.

The point is, both VCR and HD-DVD are equally worthless. Pretty much the same with 6th and 7th round picks.

991All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:57 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

lol who cares

I think the only mistake in one Big Ev wrote is that he switched 6th and 7th around, or should have said "to a 6th from a 7th." I believe the analogy of the VCR to HD DVD (no dash, not to be mistaken with no Dash) was that since HD DVD lost out to Blu-ray (yes to the dash, not to be mistaken with yes to the Dash) it is also a dead technology and thus is an improvement, but one that doesn't mean much, since you can't get HD DVDs anymore, a player would be useless. So really not much of an improvement at all.

NB: I think Dash should get a shirt that says "Yes to the Dash."

992All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and yes lol, I mixed up the 6th and 7th in my post.

993All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 66 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

lol who cares

The point is, both VCR and HD-DVD are equally worthless. Pretty much the same with 6th and 7th round picks.

Alfie, Condra, Greening. That is all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum