GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 30 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 60]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

'Tis the eve of the NHL Playoffs 2012 Edition... let's get this party started.

Round 1 Matchups:

Eastern Conference
Series 'A' 1 NY Rangers vs 8 OTTAWA
Series 'B' 2 Boston vs 7 WASHINGTON
Series 'C' 3 Florida vs 6 New JerseY
Series 'D' 4 Pittsburgh vs 5 Philadelphia

Western Conference
Series 'E' 1 Vancouver vs 8 LOS ANGELES
Series 'F' 2 St. Louis vs 7 SAN JOSE
Series 'G' 3 PhoeniX vs 6 CHICAGO
Series 'H' 4 NASHVILLE vs 5 DETROIT

Full playoff schedule with dates and times here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=626625

CBC HNIC Broadcast Schedule: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightincanada/broadcast/

TSN Broadcast Schedule: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=29181

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

IT'S COFFEE AND SICK-DAY SEASON! BRING ON THE DOUBLE-HEADERS!!!!!!!!!

Coffee!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh heh. Get ready for some late nights with the West Coast games... employers beware.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Eliotte Freidman and many other sources: Multiple reports no Daniel Sedin at Vancouver practice. #hnic

He was at practice yesterday... possible setback?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The important thing to note is that we don't get stuck with any stupid afternoon games. Wash/Bos and Pitts/PHI get that honour.

I need to buy some chips.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah... time to load up on beer and snacks for the playoffs... awwwwwwww yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition Backpain-1292835351

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Via Eliotte Freidman and many other sources: Multiple reports no Daniel Sedin at Vancouver practice. #hnic

He was at practice yesterday... possible setback?

They had 10,000 praying for him in Vancouver.

But LA is much larger, with more Catholics per square mile!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Bobby Mac... Rangers have signed Chris Kerider and will have him available for the playoffs:

"NYR and Chris Kreider have agreed to terms on an entry-level contract."

"Kreider will join NYR at practice tomorrow. Eligible to play in the playoffs. Burns 1st of his 2 year entry level contract by showing up."

"Kreider not getting any signing bonus this season and/or salary for playoffs but will get some Games Played bonuses for this playoff."

Interesting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Via Bobby Mac... Rangers have signed Chris Kerider and will have him available for the playoffs:

"Kreider will join NYR at practice tomorrow. Eligible to play in the playoffs. Burns 1st of his 2 year entry level contract by showing up."

"Kreider not getting any signing bonus this season and/or salary for playoffs but will get some Games Played bonuses for this playoff."

Interesting.

If they are serious about getting him into the lineup they are either panicking or completely looking past the Senators. Here we are talking about Silfverberg (who is about to be crowned the playoff MVP after winning the regular season MVP in a man's league) and are not sure if he should be getting any ice time, except maybe on the 3rd line.

This guy has had 3 years of College hockey for crying out loud. Sure, he's a PPG player there, but do you guys remember Wiercioch who came close to that as a sophomore D-man?

I don't see how this could be good for the Rangers.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bobby Mac issued a correction: Correction: Kreider deal is 3 years. Becomes 2 years after burning first year by reporting tomorrow. My mistake.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why the heck would they need to burn a year off his ELC? Don't they have enough depth as the 1st seed? Sarcasm

Seriously though...why burn a year now?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Via Bobby Mac... Rangers have signed Chris Kerider and will have him available for the playoffs:

Interesting.

If they are serious about getting him into the lineup they are either panicking or completely looking past the Senators. Here we are talking about Silfverberg (who is about to be crowned the playoff MVP after winning the regular season MVP in a man's league) and are not sure if he should be getting any ice time, except maybe on the 3rd line.

This guy has had 3 years of College hockey for crying out loud. Sure, he's a PPG player there, but do you guys remember Wiercioch who came close to that as a sophomore D-man?

I don't see how this could be good for the Rangers.

Who cars, they'd be putting him on their 3rd or 4th line. He has the body and speed to play in the NHL right now. He won't hurt them even if he doesn't help them.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Why the heck would they need to burn a year off his ELC? Don't they have enough depth as the 1st seed? Sarcasm

That's really dumb. Well, they better hope they go deep cause then it's going to look even dumber.

Dumb & Dumberer. Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Why the heck would they need to burn a year off his ELC? Don't they have enough depth as the 1st seed? Sarcasm

It's not dumb. What's dumb is people going Dung over contract years on ELC's.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Yeah, but what if he kicks Donkey and he's up for renegotiation at a time when they're really close against the cap and he demands a ludicrous amount of money?

That's what seems silly, but the odds of that happening are pretty slim.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 60]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 30 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum