GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+25
garblar
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
SensGirl11
Oglethorpe
Bramlet07
NEELY
Amnesia021
rooneypoo
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

751All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:10 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
What is Rinne proving? An .876 save percentage and a 3.29 GAA. yeah, that's $$ right there.

Vancouver's depth and defense would kill the Preds, something that the Ducks didn't have.

First: it's about the wins.

Second: it's about the timing of the saves.

I've watched every game of this series, and Rinne is not playing spectacularly. He's been meh. That said, if the Rinne of the regular season shows up next series, watch out.

I haven't watched one Preds/Anaheim game (too late now All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 159628 ) but i'm stunned that they took the series. The way that Anaheim was playing coming in was ridiculous, I thought for sure they'd run them down no problem.

Things are really getting weird, as is the usual I guess.

Tampa/Pens being tied is spectacularly surprising to me I thought that would be done in 5 for Pittsburgh, even without the superstars.

Preds over Anaheim - stunning
Detroit over Phoenix in a sweep - stunning
Washington over NYR in 5 was pretty surprising, I thought it would've gone 7
Chicago and Vancouver's series is ridiculous, never would've expected this turn of events
SJ - LA is not shocking so far
The Philly/Barfalo series is spectacular, woah. Never thought barf had a chance, can't predict this outcome All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 805406
The B's and Habs is going exactly the way it should

Which games are on tap again tonight?

752All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
I've watched every game of this series, and Rinne is not playing spectacularly. He's been meh. That said, if the Rinne of the regular season shows up next series, watch out.

I thought he is playing well. Most of the goals he let in were more of a testament to how good the Ducks top players are, and how Nashville wasn't very good at containing them (especially Ducks PP).

He's kept them in most of the games and gave them a chance to win, can't ask for more.

753All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:25 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

I thought he's been good, but not yet great. As you say, look out if he punches it up a notch to great. With the team D that Nashville and the smothering trap of the forwards, they could go a long, long way IMO.

754All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
I thought he is playing well. Most of the goals he let in were more of a testament to how good the Ducks top players are, and how Nashville wasn't very good at containing them (especially Ducks PP).

He's kept them in most of the games and gave them a chance to win, can't ask for more.

Yeah, that's a good assessment. The Preds have some work to do - when they were beaten, it was usually in a short span with multiple goals, but other than that, I'm wouldn't be a fan of playing them at all. Especially if I was the Canucks - the Wings can take them - and take them easily because they play a similar style but with WAY more talent.

755All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

tsn has it as a question on their site but i think it is apt who does vancouver start game 7? i woulod go with schneider if it was me i have little confidence in luongo

756All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:tsn has it as a question on their site but i think it is apt who does vancouver start game 7? i woulod go with schneider if it was me i have little confidence in luongo

Would be the worst move you could make IMO.

757All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If the Canucks win, I'm giving the Preds no chance to beat them.
Didn't you say that about Chi's chances with Vancouver?

That's right. They were up 3-0 and dominating. Who the hell thought they would come back? The Hawks have offence which the Preds don't have though.

758All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:tsn has it as a question on their site but i think it is apt who does vancouver start game 7? i woulod go with schneider if it was me i have little confidence in luongo

Would be the worst move you could make IMO.

Agreed. The single WORST idea behind not playing him in Game 6 would be not playing him in Game 7.

759All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:If the Canucks win, I'm giving the Preds no chance to beat them.
Didn't you say that about Chi's chances with Vancouver?

That's right. They were up 3-0 and dominating. Who the hell thought they would come back? The Hawks have offence which the Preds don't have though.
As they say in the playoffs (or at least I do)... it ain't over 'till it's over... anything can happen.

Wink

760All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Vigneault says Luongo to start Game 7.

Oh man... biggest game ever for Luongo? And I mean EVER.

761All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Vigneault says Luongo to start Game 7.

I'm surprised he didn't name the AHL goalie the starter.

762All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

That would have been an official "SSF FIASCO" requiring the team to be blown up.

763All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I love how people are now dusting off their "Luongo's contract was a disastrous move" articles now...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/04/25/brophy_on_luongo/

764All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That would have been an official "SSF FIASCO" requiring the team to be blown up.

If they lose tomorrow night, I would keep the Sedins, Kesler and Vlasic. The rest are all moveable IMO - maybe Burrows too.

765All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

If they lose tomorrow night, I would keep the Sedins, Kesler and Vlasic. The rest are all moveable IMO - maybe Burrows too.

Edler? Hamhuis? Ballard? Who's Vlasic lol

766All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Only 2 games on deck tonight:

Penguins @ Lightning - 7:00pm ET
Sharks @ Kings - 10:00pm ET

Predctions: BOLTS and KINGS are victorious tonight!

767All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
Edler? Hamhuis? Ballard? Who's Vlasic lol

Edler, that's who I meant, I knew that didn't sound right.

768All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 51 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Only 2 games on deck tonight:

Penguins @ Lightning - 7:00pm ET
Sharks @ Kings - 10:00pm ET

Predctions: BOLTS and KINGS are victorious tonight!

I'll say the Sharks in a walk and Pittsburgh - although my heart is obviously against SJ and I hate both TB and Pittsburgh so I don't care there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum