GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+25
garblar
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
SensGirl11
Oglethorpe
Bramlet07
NEELY
Amnesia021
rooneypoo
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 67]

721All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:37 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tootoo is an asswipe.

I really can't see the Preds winning 2 rounds. They would have been toast if Hiller was playing.

722All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:46 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Emery was very solid. Anyways Ducks have the best line in hockey and maybe the best PP UNIT in hockey, shut down by real team effort. Getz/Perry/Ryan prob play 25 min per game I am guessing Trotz had to put at least 2 if not more different lines against them.
That's real team hockey for you and I'll always support that kind of team

723All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:06 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:Emery was very solid. Anyways Ducks have the best line in hockey and maybe the best PP UNIT in hockey, shut down by real team effort. Getz/Perry/Ryan prob play 25 min per game I am guessing Trotz had to put at least 2 if not more different lines against them.

That line was hardly shut down, and they had no answer for their PP.

Trotz put out Weber and Suter against them every time.

724All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:Emery was very solid. Anyways Ducks have the best line in hockey and maybe the best PP UNIT in hockey, shut down by real team effort. Getz/Perry/Ryan prob play 25 min per game I am guessing Trotz had to put at least 2 if not more different lines against them.

Emery may have been solid but:
1. He is not their #1.
2. He did not start every game.
3. Given #1 and #2, you can argue he isn't even their #2.

725All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:25 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I thought Nashville played very well considering the Ducks outgunned them. They'd have been toast if they didn't have Rinne and a well-coached team.

Watching the Ducks PP made jealous, if only ours was even half as good as theirs ...

726All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:I thought Nashville played very well considering the Ducks outgunned them. They'd have been toast if they didn't have Rinne and a well-coached team.

Watching the Ducks PP made jealous, if only ours was even half as good as theirs ...

It will be. EK on the left, SG on the right, Spezza everywhere else.

Dare to dream.

727All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:32 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Dare to dream.

*sigh* that's what we were supposed to have this year Facepalm and we barely did.

728All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Dare to dream.

*sigh* that's what we were supposed to have this year Facepalm and we barely did.

Clouston refused to play Gonchar on the right, for some reason. The couple of times he slipped them on the PP they produced.

729All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:36 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Clouston refused to play Gonchar on the right, for some reason. The couple of times he slipped them on the PP they produced.

Yes I know that's why I'm glad he's gone. I have no idea what he was thinking this year with some of his decisions.

Cowen and/or Rundblad as well FingersCrossed

730All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Then I see on twitter that, according to Bob McKenzie, Cauncks personnel are saying Luongo IS NOT injured and this is a performance based decision.

They've destroyed themselves by doing that. Completely and utterly killed themselves. Whatever fragment of confidence Luongo had is now gone. Hawks in 7 (?)

731All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yes I know that's why I'm glad he's gone. I have no idea what he was thinking this year with some of his decisions.

Cowen and/or Rundblad as well FingersCrossed

I read somewhere that Gonchar, even though he's a lefty, prefers playing the right side. Originally I thought that was just on the PP. It's possible that's why he had such a dismal year -- new team/system, unfamiliar position, carousel of partners.

732All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:Then I see on twitter that, according to Bob McKenzie, Cauncks personnel are saying Luongo IS NOT injured and this is a performance based decision.

They've destroyed themselves by doing that. Completely and utterly killed themselves. Whatever fragment of confidence Luongo had is now gone. Hawks in 7 (?)

Luongo will befine. The problem is the team in front of him. On the game winner there are two V defenders standing just looking at Smith.

On the other hand, Luongo couldn't control any rebounds (including the game winner).

733All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:28 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Luongo will befine. The problem is the team in front of him. On the game winner there are two V defenders standing just looking at Smith.

On the other hand, Luongo couldn't control any rebounds (including the game winner).

I think Luongo is cracking, he was supposedly in the visitor's room instead of the bench until Schneider got hurt.

He can't be too happy with the situation.

You're right though, Vancouver's defence isn't doing him many favors although he has to be better (especially if they're playing the way they are now).

734All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

I think Luongo is cracking, he was supposedly in the visitor's room instead of the bench until Schneider got hurt.

He can't be too happy with the situation.

You're right though, Vancouver's defence isn't doing him many favors although he has to be better (especially if they're playing the way they are now).

I heard that's because there's not enough room on the bench.

735All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Luongo will be fine.

Oh boy, we'll see about that.

736All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Luongo should demand a trade. Diddle Vigneault.

737All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Luongo should demand a trade. Diddle Vigneault.

To who? Who would take a 10 year contract for someone who simply doesn't have the mental capacity to play in the POs? Imagine Luongo in Ottawa... Laugh1

Wait! Do 2 chokers make clutch? Like two negatives?

738All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 49 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Luongo should demand a trade. Diddle Vigneault.

To who? Who would take a 10 year contract for someone who simply doesn't have the mental capacity to play in the POs? Imagine Luongo in Ottawa... Laugh1

Wait! Do 2 chokers make clutch? Like two negatives?

But I think he has it in him in my opinion. We've only ever seen him against one team in the playoffs, basically. As long as they beat Chicago, he will be fine. Once that happens, all the pressure will be off. There's a ton of guys who just can't beat that one team. Vigneault was Cussing stupid for not starting him last night, they did not lose Games 4 and 5 because of him. What a joke.

Reggie Miller could never beat the Knicks but he finally did that one year!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum