GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+25
garblar
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
SensGirl11
Oglethorpe
Bramlet07
NEELY
Amnesia021
rooneypoo
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

46All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:18 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I always have such a tough time picking against the favourites.

47All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

For the ppl pulling for Kirk Muller to be coaching the senators, you should be hoping Montreal goes on bit of a run here. If they're ousted in the first round, is it unrealistic to expect JM to be fired and be replaced with Kirk Muller? I think not. And already JM isn't a Pierre Gauthier guy (although their history dating back to the sens might help Martin).

48All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:33 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:For the ppl pulling for Kirk Muller to be coaching the senators, you should be hoping Montreal goes on bit of a run here. If they're ousted in the first round, is it unrealistic to expect JM to be fired and be replaced with Kirk Muller? I think not. And already JM isn't a Pierre Gauthier guy (although their history dating back to the sens might help Martin).

How so? I'm pretty sure they knew Gauthier was going to replace Gainey when they hired JM. From what i understood at the time it was a joint decision from both.

49All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I want the Habs to get bounced in the first round in 4 straight. That is my wish.

50All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:06 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I want the Habs to get bounced in the first round in 4 straight. That is my wish.

Nah. I want to see every series go 7. In sextuple overtime. Mmmmm sextuple.

51All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:09 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:I want the Habs to get bounced in the first round in 4 straight. That is my wish.

Nah. I want to see every series go 7. In sextuple overtime. Mmmmm sextuple.
I agree... for every series BUT the Habs/Bruins.

Wink

52All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:00 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

And watch JM get fired and be replaced by Kirk Muller? Hells no!

53All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:07 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:

Muller's not bilingual, he'll never be the head coach in Montreal. He's already told them he's leaving at the end of the season when his contract is up.

He'll be a head coach somewhere.

54All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:49 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Muller's not bilingual, he'll never be the head coach in Montreal. He's already told them he's leaving at the end of the season when his contract is up.

He'll be a head coach somewhere.

What? I think they'll make an exception if Muller doesn't speak french. Besides where did he say he's leaving for sure? I would think his only desire to leave is to be a head coach somewhere....and that very well could still be montreal.

55All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:58 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
What? I think they'll make an exception if Muller doesn't speak french. Besides where did he say he's leaving for sure? I would think his only desire to leave is to be a head coach somewhere....and that very well could still be montreal.

His contract is up this year and it's no secret he wants to be a head coach. It's been all over the media in Montreal.

Montreal head coach needs to be able to deal with the French media, they never have and never will hire a unilingual coach.

56All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:20 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No Pronger for Game 1 for the Flyers apparently...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=362000

57All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:No Pronger for Game 1 for the Flyers apparently...

No Zetterberg either. Haven't checked to see if that's been posted:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup/story/2011/04/12/sp-zetterberg-injury.html

*Too bad I only read it after I made my bracket picks Sad

58All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:43 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:No Pronger for Game 1 for the Flyers apparently...

No Zetterberg either. Haven't checked to see if that's been posted:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup/story/2011/04/12/sp-zetterberg-injury.html

*Too bad I only read it after I made my bracket picks Sad

Can't you change your picks up until the puck drops?

59All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:47 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Since I'm the administrator I guess I could. It just wouldn't be, how should I put it -- morally upright. I had to enter my picks before seeing anyone else's, and some people started *posting* their picks (this thread, I think). So rather than averting my eyes I figured I'd just make my picks early.

What I really need (and I'll try to get for the following rounds) is an impartial third party to collect all the picks.

60All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Being that I'm in the wpragers Bracket pool I'll wait until after puck drop to reveal my predictions.

Ditto. And everyone on here should be in the brackets for bragging rights. Put your...guesses where your mouth is.

61All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:33 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Since I'm the administrator I guess I could. It just wouldn't be, how should I put it -- morally upright. I had to enter my picks before seeing anyone else's, and some people started *posting* their picks (this thread, I think). So rather than averting my eyes I figured I'd just make my picks early.

What I really need (and I'll try to get for the following rounds) is an impartial third party to collect all the picks.

When I suggested that you could change your picks before puck drop, I meant a general, inclusive "you." I assumed that anyone could make changes before game time. I can't remember if you addressed that in the rules you posted, but I figured that it was the case. If not, fair enough.

62All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Since I'm the administrator I guess I could. It just wouldn't be, how should I put it -- morally upright. I had to enter my picks before seeing anyone else's, and some people started *posting* their picks (this thread, I think). So rather than averting my eyes I figured I'd just make my picks early.

When I suggested that you could change your picks before puck drop, I meant a general, inclusive "you." I assumed that anyone could make changes before game time. I can't remember if you addressed that in the rules you posted, but I figured that it was the case. If not, fair enough.

It's not stipulated, strictly speaking, but it makes it a hell of a lot more difficult for me if people change their minds. I've got 18 people in the draft -- half of them didn't bother reading the part about how I wanted the picks in a specific format and order (TB instead of TBL is easy enough, but then I get "caps in 6" instead of "WAS6", and throw in some random order for the picks). I wouldn't want to have to do it multiple times.

63All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:45 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

It's not stipulated, strictly speaking, but it makes it a hell of a lot more difficult for me if people change their minds. I've got 18 people in the draft -- half of them didn't bother reading the part about how I wanted the picks in a specific format and order (TB instead of TBL is easy enough, but then I get "caps in 6" instead of "WAS6", and throw in some random order for the picks). I wouldn't want to have to do it multiple times.

Ha. Fair enough. For the record, I sent my picks before you stipulated the format. I thought about sending them again, but figured I'd be unnecessarily cluttering your inbox. Correct format next round!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum