GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+25
garblar
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
SensGirl11
Oglethorpe
Bramlet07
NEELY
Amnesia021
rooneypoo
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

31All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:31 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow. The "do or die" teams came up empty...

Van-Chi will be an awesome first round match up.

32All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hawks have no chance

33All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:46 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Hawks have no chance

That's what I said about the habs last year....

34All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:19 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Vancouver is gonna stomp them. There's unfinished business there. They'll be looking to make a statement.

35All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Dallas and Minnesota tied at 3 after 2.

All they need is 1 point,but safe is death.
Stars need a regulation or OT win.

Chicago needed the single point...

Oops sorry, it's the Hawks that needed a single point.

Wow, losers all around.

36All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Caps in 6

Philly in 7 (Miller turns the Miller on)

Boston in 6 (but o how i wish it was in 4)

Tampa in 6

Vancouver in 5

SJS in 6

detroit in 5

nashville in 7 (unles Hiller comes back from injury and then anaheim in 7)

37All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:04 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure how you can say that given the history. What's so different this year?

38All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

I'm not sure how you can say that given the history. What's so different this year?

Vancouver won the President's Trophy and the Hawks just barely made it? The Hawks haven't been the same team all year. They are a soft group.

39All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:29 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

Umm...the Hawks? They're definitely a different team after dumping half their role players (also Niemi and The Buff). While they have a lot of pieces still in place from their cup run, I can't imagine anyone saying that they're the same team.

My money says Vancouver stomps them.

40All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:30 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They are a soft group? They are certainly a different group than last year, but I wouldn't call them soft. If Crawford can continue to play well into the playoffs, then they have a shot.

There's a ton of pressure on Luongo, and not much on the Hawks (despite being the defending champs).

41All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:31 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Vancouver won the President's Trophy and the Hawks just barely made it? The Hawks haven't been the same team all year. They are a soft group.

Replace Vancouver with Washington, and Hawks with Habs. You taught me this Big Ev Laugh1

42All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Replace Vancouver with Washington, and Hawks with Habs. You taught me this Big Ev Laugh1

Halak Halak. I am also calling a Rags upset this year, because of their goalie. Don't have confidence in rookie Crawford for the Hawks.

43All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:35 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:They are a soft group? They are certainly a different group than last year, but I wouldn't call them soft. If Crawford can continue to play well into the playoffs, then they have a shot.

There's a ton of pressure on Luongo, and not much on the Hawks (despite being the defending champs).
You don't think that that's a significant amount of pressure?

44All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:41 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:They are a soft group? They are certainly a different group than last year, but I wouldn't call them soft. If Crawford can continue to play well into the playoffs, then they have a shot.

You don't think that that's a significant amount of pressure?

There is some pressure on the Hawks, but nothing compared to what Vancouver's got to be feeling. And in my opinion, the jury is still out on Luongo. Plus, the core Hawks players know how to win in the post season.

45All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Being that I'm in the wpragers Bracket pool I'll wait until after puck drop to reveal my predictions.

46All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:18 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I always have such a tough time picking against the favourites.

47All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

For the ppl pulling for Kirk Muller to be coaching the senators, you should be hoping Montreal goes on bit of a run here. If they're ousted in the first round, is it unrealistic to expect JM to be fired and be replaced with Kirk Muller? I think not. And already JM isn't a Pierre Gauthier guy (although their history dating back to the sens might help Martin).

48All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:33 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:For the ppl pulling for Kirk Muller to be coaching the senators, you should be hoping Montreal goes on bit of a run here. If they're ousted in the first round, is it unrealistic to expect JM to be fired and be replaced with Kirk Muller? I think not. And already JM isn't a Pierre Gauthier guy (although their history dating back to the sens might help Martin).

How so? I'm pretty sure they knew Gauthier was going to replace Gainey when they hired JM. From what i understood at the time it was a joint decision from both.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum