GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - THU. Mar. 24, 2011

+13
strachattack
wprager
Riprock
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
22_4_ever
PTFlea
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:Neely, why is it in your opinion that you have ranked the prospects the way you have?

Larsson I haven't seen enough of so I have to go by what everyone else says. Top 3 for sure. RNH is an offensive powerhouse that has the highest potential in the draft and playing in a very tough league. Landeskog IMO has more Iginla in him than Morrow, can score goals, lead, skate, so on and on. Safest pick IMO based on what I personally have seen and know. Those are the top 3 for those reason.

After that, I think Strome has the highest upside in terms of forwards and it isn't close. Hamilton has size, speed, skill, toughness, everything you want in a D man and he is the safest pick after the top 3 for those reason, he's pretty much can't miss in terms of a top 4 D man. After that, that's when I look at Couturier and Huberneau, those 2 IMO are neck in neck in terms of who will go next. They both look to be legit picks. Couturier looks to me to be a number 2 center at worst and a number 2 center at best, he will be a number 2 center. He's a safe pick in that sense because I think he is the most obvious prospect in terms of what he will be in The NHL. Huberneau is a guy that could be a home run or bunt... not sure which way he will go but he is indeed on par with Couturier at this point.

I think the top 3 in this draft are obvious and Strome and Hamilton go 4, 5 (interchangable) based on what I just commented on. I think at this point if The Sens draft 4th Strome is a Sen, Hamilton is a Islander, and Couturier is a Devil.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Couturier is not the safest pick for a lot of reasons, after the top 3 it's Hamilton, no doubts about it. There are a ton of doubts about Couturier and for good reason. Like I said before, I think he falls out of the top 5 for sure. Strome is a better player at this point and more dominate.

Dominant. Dominate is a verb.

The only doubts are his mononucleosis. If he didn't get that he would have finished with more points, but his PPG is dam good anyway. I just don't think Strome is a better prospect because of one dominant season. SC is up for MVP of the Q as well.

There is a lot of stat padding where he plays, I'm not convinced he can put up the points he does in tight games or games that there is a lot ridding on. You will see Strome's stock go up or down based on his playoffs coming up.

Also Hoffman won the MVP in the Q and he is barly an AHL player. Winning the MVP in that league is almost a curse.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I think the consensus top 3 is Larsson, Nugent-Hopkins and Landeskog.

That is why after that it's a tough choice. You really do not want to make the wrong one.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I don't like how Strome is not as good as SC away from the puck, and he is prone to being invisible a lot of times. He may one-dimensionalish.

I would say Couturier is 100% a more complete player than Strome, but that's not to say he projects to be a better player. Like I said in a post above, I think it's 100% certain what Couturier will be and is, Strome, not so much.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:I think the consensus top 3 is Larsson, Nugent-Hopkins and Landeskog.

That is why after that it's a tough choice. You really do not want to make the wrong one.

Can't make the wrong choice when there isn't one to make.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

...and Couturier's stock will rise or fall a bit depending on his playoffs as well.

Hoffman was an over-ager. Couturier is 18. You can't even compare the two. Hoffman also played on the best team in the league, and Couturier is carrying his team.

...and I don't wanna pick on you for spelling, but it's Huberdeau, not Huberneau.

Also, I can't see the Isles or Panthers pass on SC if they pick 4th and 5th.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:...and Couturier's stock will rise or fall a bit depending on his playoffs as well.

Hoffman was an over-ager. Couturier is 18. You can't even compare the two. Hoffman also played on the best team in the league, and Couturier is carrying his team.

...and I don't wanna pick on you for spelling, but it's Huberdeau, not Huberneau.

Hoffman had a crazy good year the year before as well, playing on ironically enough Couturier is playing on now. Either way, I don't think Couturier's stock will rise or fall whether he has a fantastic playoffs or an awful one.

I agree about The Panthers not passing up on him though, which kind of contradicts what I was saying. The Islanders will take Hamilton though, if they are picking at 4th or worse, Hamilton is an Islander.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Florida and Colorado would show *some* pride, we wouldn't even be having this convo. Come on Panthers, I don't really care about 2nd or 3rd, but I care about 3rd to 4th.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:...and Couturier's stock will rise or fall a bit depending on his playoffs as well.

Hoffman had a crazy good year the year before as well, playing on ironically enough Couturier is playing on now. Either way, I don't think Couturier's stock will rise or fall whether he has a fantastic playoffs or an awful one.

I agree about The Panthers not passing up on him though, which kind of contradicts what I was saying. The Islanders will take Hamilton though, if they are picking at 4th or worse, Hamilton is an Islander.

Yeah this is what I had in the other thread and I really think it will go down like this.

1- EDM - Larsson
2- COL- Landeskog
3- OTT - RNH
4- NYI - Hamilton or Murphy
5- FLA - Couturier

But I could really see the Isles take Couturier to be the second-line centre behind Tavares. Pretty good 1-2 punch on paper.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You don't need to put Murphy there, NYI has de Hann. Hamilton will go before Murphy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We should stop talking about the draft for a while, it's still 3 months away Crying

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If Ottawa grabs RNH, I agree that Strome might slide back to 6th or 7th. If Ottawa doesn't, Strome goes top 5.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

When's the lottery?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:When's the lottery?

Right after the season ends. 2 weeks and a bit.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Damn, can't wait!

That's when I'll seriously start looking at potential draft outcomes.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:Damn, can't wait!

For once I'll actually look forward to TSN's Draft Lottery show.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:

I wonder if The Gene will be there in person... you know he loves the spotlight... typically it's just the GMs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I wonder if The Gene will be there in person... you know he loves the spotlight... typically it's just the GMs.

He'll probably be wearing a Bert's golf shirt to promote Bert's and hurt Marshy in the process.

What a sick (rich) mofo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum