GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - THU. Mar. 24, 2011

+13
strachattack
wprager
Riprock
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
22_4_ever
PTFlea
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Holy Diddle, I am tuning into the Team 1200 post-game for the first time in a while now. Some callers ---> GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ New York Rangers  - 7:00pm ET - THU. Mar. 24, 2011 - Page 5 99562

That bad huh ? I've only listened to it once this year and swore to never to do it again.

A lady's like. "I didn't watch the game but I have one complaint. Why didn't they put Svatos and Foligno in the shootout?" (Svatos was in the shootout).

Another guy's like "Ryan Shannon is how old? 28? Yeah that's very old for today's NHL. Do you think he still has time to develop? Can he get better?"

FOligno was too GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ New York Rangers  - 7:00pm ET - THU. Mar. 24, 2011 - Page 5 270956
Are u sure it was not why DID they?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Good road game last night, Anderson was his normal self by basically stopping everything. I still refuse to believe that Murray was able to trade Anderson for Elliott... that really happened?

Weircoich looked a lot better last night, Kuba was great playing with him, says a lot when the only time you notice Kuba all night was on an offensive chance.

Pretty happy with the way they are playing and loving the effort every night. No worries here.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We did our best to give the game up in the shootout. Svatos' attempt was TERRIBLE. He went backhand and just let the puck slide off of his stick...I think there was a time when this guy was considered a bluechip prospect.

Also, Shannon's attempt was terrible. He tried to wait Lundqvist out, and took his shot from the goal line.

Matrix stole the show in the shootout.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That was indeed a nice SO winner by Karlsson.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Holy Diddle, I am tuning into the Team 1200 post-game for the first time in a while now. Some callers ---> GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ New York Rangers  - 7:00pm ET - THU. Mar. 24, 2011 - Page 5 99562

That bad huh ? I've only listened to it once this year and swore to never to do it again.

A lady's like. "I didn't watch the game but I have one complaint. Why didn't they put Svatos and Foligno in the shootout?" (Svatos was in the shootout).

Another guy's like "Ryan Shannon is how old? 28? Yeah that's very old for today's NHL. Do you think he still has time to develop? Can he get better?"

FOligno was too GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ New York Rangers  - 7:00pm ET - THU. Mar. 24, 2011 - Page 5 270956
Are u sure it was not why DID they?

I'm pretty sure she said they "weren't" in the shootout. And she said she didn't watch the game so I don't even know why she's phoning in.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If there's any silver lining to potentially losing one of the 3 top picks, it's that Craig Anderson stabilizes this team in a big, big way. I still badly want one of RNH or Lando, but we can't really control that anymore.

Wiercioch has some nice speed and offensive instincts, when he bulks up in a couple of years, he has a TON of potential. Much better!

Greening was THE man last night though. He was everywhere, played strong, smart. Getting to really love this kid.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice to see the kids getting involved and producing... very encouraging. Hopefully it continues and improves next season...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:If there's any silver lining to potentially losing one of the 3 top picks, it's that Craig Anderson stabilizes this team in a big, big way. I still badly want one of RNH or Lando, but we can't really control that anymore.

Wiercioch has some nice speed and offensive instincts, when he bulks up in a couple of years, he has a TON of potential. Much better!

Greening was THE man last night though. He was everywhere, played strong, smart. Getting to really love this kid.

Strome has just as much, if not more potential than the other guys. If they don't get one of the two you mentioned, Strome will be an Ottawa Senator come game 1 next year. Top 4 is fine, hell, top 5 you probably get Strome as well. It honestly doesn't matter all that much IMO.

Anderson signing in Ottawa was worth the difference between any of those guys.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Is Strome NHL ready now?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Is Strome NHL ready now?

If he isn't right now, he probably will be next year. He is dominating The OHL at this point and he is probably the biggest riser in this draft. I think he could slip into the 3rd line center role next year and work his way perhaps up to the 2nd line. We'll see though. I like him as much as I do RNH.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:If there's any silver lining to potentially losing one of the 3 top picks, it's that Craig Anderson stabilizes this team in a big, big way. I still badly want one of RNH or Lando, but we can't really control that anymore.

Strome has just as much, if not more potential than the other guys. If they don't get one of the two you mentioned, Strome will be an Ottawa Senator come game 1 next year. Top 4 is fine, hell, top 5 you probably get Strome as well. It honestly doesn't matter all that much IMO.

LOL enough already with these outlandish statements. We don't even know if they like Strome Laugh1 He could be picked but there's no point guaranteeing it like you just did there haha.

I think it's safe to say if they don't get Landeskof or RNH, they are getting Larsson. Because we are finishing third.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Is Strome NHL ready now?

I don't think so. He's played 2 seasons in the OHL and was only amazin in one of them.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

LOL enough already with these outlandish statements. We don't even know if they like Strome Laugh1 He could be picked but there's no point guaranteeing it like you just did there haha.

I think it's safe to say if they don't get Landeskof or RNH, they are getting Larsson. Because we are finishing third.
Hopefully we finish no lower than third... but it's gonna be close... and then there's the lottery...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why wasn't Strome in the Top Prospects game? Not saying that is a reason why I don't want to pick him haha, just wondering.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:Why wasn't Strome in the Top Prospects game? Not saying that is a reason why I don't want to pick him haha, just wondering.
He was...

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ New York Rangers  - 7:00pm ET - THU. Mar. 24, 2011 - Page 5 Ryan+Strome+CHL+Top+Prospects+Game+Q5UlFJmKpC7l

EDIT: He's on the left btw... Wink

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thanks, my mistake. I was looking at a review of the game on Red Line Report and he wasn't mentioned. Guess the reviwer didn't notice him enough to talk about him (either negatively or positively).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:Thanks, my mistake. I was looking at a review of the game on Red Line Report and he wasn't mentioned. Guess the reviwer didn't notice him enough to talk about him (either negatively or positively).
Sounds like he was fairly quiet in the game...

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/chl-feature-nhlchl-top-prospects-game/

"Ryan Strome was fairly quiet in this game, when I was hoping he would show his offensive abilities like he has done with the Niagara IceDogs this season. There were a couple plays where he went for a fancy dangle, but just didn’t seem to have it all on this night. Strome brightest quality when he is on is his ability to make spectacular moves at top speed. Strome sees the offensive zone very well, which enables his natural playmaking ability to shine. His biggest flaw at the current time is similar to Ryan Nugent-Hopkins where his overall strength takes away from his skill set. In effect, Strome struggles when it comes to board play, which is something he will have to work on."

NEELY

Mod
Mod

RNH and Strome are the two guys with the biggest upside in the draft. Strome has a little more room to put on some weight though and could probably play around 195-200 lbs which is plenty.

The crappy thing about drafting a guy like RNH or Strome is you know they will be too good for their respective leagues next year but are they physically mature enough to be in The NHL? Tough to say. Sometimes you gotta throw them into the fire and see what comes of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum