GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Fri. Mar. 4, 2011

+16
spader
stempniaksen
tim1_2
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
dennycrane
Ev
NEELY
rooneypoo
LethalLehner
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

McGuire on Greening. Well put.

When you've got a seventh round pick doing what this guy's doing, that's found money.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:McGuire on Greening. Well put.

When you've got a seventh round pick doing what this guy's doing, that's found money.

Yeah, for sure.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, the Rangers are destroying us tonight.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Svatos just had a ridiculous chance. Unfortunately for him, Lundqvist made a ridiculous save.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Gonchar with a nice defensive play on a 2 on 1. Don't say that too often.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Gonchar with a nice defensive play on a 2 on 1. Don't say that too often.

He's been a lot better lately, bodes well for next year.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

4-1 final.

Good night for TN with us losing and NJD winning. I'd have much rather seen a few less goals for NYR or a few more for us, but such was not to be.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A good loss, we need a few more like that. Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:A good loss, we need a few more like that. Smile

Would have preferred 3-2.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:A good loss, we need a few more like that. Smile

co-sign

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

True, but the bottom line is the same right now. Let's all take the pain now and reap the rewards next year and beyond.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Got back from the game. Anderson let in a Foligno shot in warmup that was the exact same as the 1st goal. I was worried because Anderson didn't look very good before the game. He was due to be simply average.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Got back from the game. Anderson let in a Foligno shot in warmup that was the exact same as the 1st goal. I was worried because Anderson didn't look very good before the game. He was due to be simply average.

He was due to get some rest I would say.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

One thing was pretty obvious tonight and last night, The Sens as a team are not very good. There is not a whole lot of difference between what Florida is putting out there and what Ottawa is. The Sens may very well have that number 1 pick overall come June.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:One thing was pretty obvious tonight and last night, The Sens as a team are not very good. There is not a whole lot of difference between what Florida is putting out there and what Ottawa is. The Sens may very well have that number 1 pick overall come June.

Not unless they win the lottery, IMO. Edmonton just lost Hall.

On another note, I'm (like others) a fan of this Greening guy. Not sure if he has the skill to be a top-6er long-term but his forechecking has been awesome.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anderson probably could have used a night off... I guess the Sens are trying to get as many looks as possible.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

we're basicaly playing with half an AHL team... what can we expect..? for one this won't be the team in come september. we'll take a few FA this summer and rid ourselves of Kuba. snap of the fingers Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:we're basicaly playing with half an AHL team... what can we expect..? for one this won't be the team in come september. we'll take a few FA this summer and rid ourselves of Kuba. snap of the fingers Sarcasm

Let's not kid ourselves. What will be different about the line up next year?

1. Alfie, hopefully fully recovered but, nevertheless, 39 years old.
2. A rookie forward who might pop a few to help our offense, but will also make lots of mistakes.
3. One or two rookie defensemen to make up for the miscues lost if we trade/waive/bury Kuba.
4. Those same AHLers but now here full-time. Maybe with just a smidgen of their urgency gone.

There are also a few things we are hoping for which may or may not come true:
1. Anderson re-signing.
2. Phillips re-gaining his form.
3. Gonchar regaining his form.
4. Regin recovering and regaining his form (? did he really have "form" before?)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum